• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Best rear bag for prone comp

Andrew863

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 21, 2018
Russellville KY
So last year I shot this prone comp that goes out to a mile on one stage and has 2 positional stages. I bought a original game changer and loved it for the positional and as a rear bag it holds my gun super steady for groups and long range. My only gripe is it is a little wide for a rear bag. Been looking into the schmedium or a weibad mini fortune cookie. Just wonder which u think will be the best or should I get something completely different. I have about a month before this comp so I need to get something ordered asap.

I've had a lot of success this past year using my pump pillow as a rear bag while shooting prone. I kind of wedge it into/under my armpit, and use it to support my shoulder, head, and buttstock all at once. It sounds awkward and definitely not the first thing people would think of as a rear bag, but there's no other way I'd shoot prone if given the choice now.

Sorry if I've misunderstood the question; if you're looking for a single bag that would double duty as a positional bag as well as a rear support, I'd probably suggest others.. but as a rear support specific bag its got my vote.

Take a look at the Triad tapered rear bag (small size)if you are looking for a rear bag to go along with your GC to use positional.

Bought them all, have a shelf full of bags "that looks like it will work" to prove it. Waxed canvas material is the way to go, schmedium size is the way to go.
I to have several most cheap bags that they fill way to much. The game changer made me see that there is something to what I always called " over priced bags" lol. It's just a little to wide for what I use it for. I think the schmedium will perfect. I don't like to carry alot of bags so I'm hoping this can be the one and only.

Reactions: patriotnation
I to have several most cheap bags that they fill way to much. The game changer made me see that there is something to what I always called " over priced bags" lol. It's just a little to wide for what I use it for. I think the schmedium will perfect. I don't like to carry alot of bags so I'm hoping this can be the one and only.
Oh, BTW heavy fill is the way to go also. Yes, it's a 8# brick to carry but the lite fill plastic beads suck (in any manufacturers bag) they will not set and stay in any position.

+1 on Precision Underground.

I bought a couple to work out what size worked for me; others at a precision shooting course tested them and immediately wanted to get one too.

Frank and I are putting these through hard use with students. It's the one mentioned in the recent podcast.
Drop me an email : [email protected].
--Taylor

Attachments

• RearBag - Info.pdf
    2.3 MB · Views: 211
Reactions: ma smith