• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Bighorn TL3 and Cadex Lite Competition

SHwbyfan

Private
Minuteman
Feb 14, 2017
Oklahoma
Lookin at pickin up this setup to build a 6 dasher on. Been diggin around tryin to find some experiences with it but no luck.

Why does it require modification to the action to make it work? Will that modification keep the action from fitting in any other stock/chassis?

Are there any issues getting the AW mags to fit in the chassis?

I've read and heard. Itching but great things about both products and really want to give em a shot. Let me know if it's a yay or nay!

Watching... these are products that I am considering using as well...

This is just me personally. I had the same set up except with a TL2. Doesn't matter since they are the same in this regard. Had I decided the chassis worked for me and was going to keep it, I would have modified the chassis not the action. Either way, it's an easy fix with the proper tools. The rear tang is a tad longer than a Remington tang and because the action sits a touch below the stock line in the rear, it won't sit down in the chassis and bolt up. You can mill some off the rear of the action and all is well, or you can mill down the chassis and all is well. I ended up putting in my 223 built on a Remington to see if I liked it enough to commit to the fitting needed before I took the jump. Ended up not keeping the stock so I didn't have PVA do the work to fit them.

I liked the cadex, it's top notch build quality and adjustable and robust. I just can not for the life of me get accustomed to being behind a pistol grip rifle. I'm too used to manners and McMillan. Don't know what it is but no chassis and I have ever gotten along. The cadex was the closest to making it and that's saying a lot from my perspective. I tried keeping my thumb on the side but it would hit the folding mechanism and I just couldn't seem to adjust to it. I think ultimately I could have forced myself to and been fine with it but then I know I'd have an issue moving between that rifle and my others and since I don't compete it just didn't make sense to deal with that plus the weight of the whole set up. I may try it again one day but not anytime soon. In the end, it wasn't the stocks fault in any way. Just my preference and use requirements.