• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Brand New straight out of box Athlon Cronus BTR Gen 1 and Gen 2 factory defectiveNO warranty NO replacement by Athlon Optics WARNING BUYER BEWARE!!!

Scopeye

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 11, 2022
US
Just a warning to EVERYONE based on my own FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE here.

I have had my first top of the line Athlon Cronus BTR 4.5-29x56 that had a defective illuminated reticle which only lights up 2/3's of the reticle while the other lower left hand portion is really dim ever since it was brand new straight out of it's box and dealer told me they got lifetime warranty so don't worry just send it in and wasn't purchased from a return friendly dealer OBVIOUSLY.

Denied warranty for a brand spanking new never used UNmounted (NEVER BEEN MOUNTED) top of the line Athlon Cronus BTR 4.5-29x56 straight out of the box.

Athlon warranty and customer service manager higher up in charge stated within specs and not a factory defect based on design SOME percentage in their sample lots NEW MODELS and OLDER Cronus BTRs WILL have this noticeable dead spot in lack of illumination and to then it's TOTALLY NORMAL to have some Cronus BTR G1 and newer G2s with this very noticeable issue AND they will NEVER EVER (specific up front quote by manager) exchange them for brand new replacements as long as reticle illumination turns on regardless if it's dark on one portion and even if it's like this brand new straight out of their boxes. The Athlon sent in for warranty has to be obviously defective due to manufacture defect and not abused or dropped and that manager even stated they are NOT LIKE VORTEX REGARDING WARRANTY EXCHANGES FOR BRAND NEW SCOPES (UNQUOTE). Found out first hand the hard way. Illuminated reticles with deadbor dark spots or non consistent illumination over entire reticle aren't considered a manufacture defect.

I asked how about the Ares BTR Gen 2 and Midas Tac scopes which are my all time Athlon brand favorites what about if they have defective illuminated reticles? He said they won't because only the Cronus BTR line both new and old has this very obvious dark spot when the illumination turned on phenomenon at all brightness settings and zero illumination issues with the Chinese Ares BTR Gen 2 since they got a totally different illuminated reticle design and Midas Tac doesn't even have illuminated reticle anyway.

If you're even thinking of buying an Athlon Cronus please be sure to insist the dealer open the sealed box and install battery to check reticle at all illumination settings make damn sure it's perfect not dark on one part of the reticle before shipping otherwise you be stuck with one you won't get warranty exchange on due to illumination defect that Athlon straight out doesn't consider to be defective and will not improve on this obvious manufacturing issue I already asked that manager he said no plans to introduce any improvements nor have any plans for a Gen 3 Cronus at least past 2025.

The other recommendations is that Athlon customer service warranty manager said to buy the Nightforce sunshade for it and go read "snipers hide" for which model Nightforce sunshade and where to buy since I stated my Amazon problems buying several different Athlon factory sunshades multiple times returns and all that did not fit or did not match in color.

They do not have any plans to address the manufacturing issue with illuminated reticle nor improve on the fitment and color of the sunshades since they don't buy their sunshades from same manufacture of their scopes while he stated Nightforce buys the sunshade from same JAPAN manufacture as their scopes that's why they match perfectly no wonder because he even said the Cronus BTR Gen 1 and 2 are in fact made at that exact same Nightforce factory in JAPAN that's why the Nightforce sunshade fits and perfectly matches the Athlon Cronus. He said the genuine Japan sunshade cost too much so they decided to buy from other much cheaper manufacture that's why they don't fit or match perfectly and they have to charge at least $55 for it if they used proper genuine JAPAN OEM for the sunshade. (Strange since the Japan made Nightforce sunshade cost $30.00 MSRP RETAIL regular price when bought direct from Nightforce USA)

At least that higher up Athlon customer service warranty manager said the Ares BTR Gen 2 and Midas Tac no need worry about illumination issues unlike the Cronus BTR Gen 2 if you're one of the unlucky ones with the half side lit illuminated reticle they will not replace under warranty.

Fortunately (for me) the brand new Cronus BTR Gen 2 I received last week illumination is absolutely perfect aside from the unbelievably nearly unmanageable overly stiff turrets and controls with really sharp edges that WILL give everyone blisters if they don't use gloves. The manager even claimed due to Athlon upgrading to all stainless steel internals make everything super tight compared to my older much smoother controls Cronus BTR with illumination issue that's not covered under warranty.

Funny since my much cheaper Chinese made Ares BTR Gen 2s and Midas Tacs also have stainless steel internals too but have way smoother knobs and function that don't give me blisters or peeled bloody skin on my fingers.

Remember that manager outright said WE AREN'T LIKE VORTEX!!!

Better believe it.

I no longer recommend buying the Athlon Cronus BTR Gen 2 or any used Cronus BTR scopes regardless of price. If you get a replacement with a crappy illuminated reticle you're SOL no warranty.

Buy the Ares BTR Gen 2 or Midas Tac instead. Or better yet spend a little extra for an Element Theos around just over $2000 or Black Vortex Razor Gen 3 for $2450 I can guarantee you will be much happier especially with the Vortex Razor Gen 3 where you get absolutely no BS about warranty that's 4 sure. Too bad the new Cronus BTR Gen 2 is clearer than my Tract Toric ELR but the Tract Toric has night and day buttery smoother controls like a perfectly well oiled machine except for the stiff illumination knob.

Why am I not totally surprised since the owners of Athlon used to work for BUSHNELL!!!

Last edited:
Image.jpeg

If the scope isn't perfect they should exchange it... But you can't be all that disappointed with Athlon's CS and warranty- because you actually recommended two of their ch***** models.

Dude! I get the feeling you might draw out some anger and impatience from manufacturers regarding their warranties.
It could be just your approach and tone.

Maybe have someone else call next time.
That manager was the snarky one. I was only playing the victim after the fact like a very poor sorry SOB.

What manager would even recommend buying a Nightforce sunshade and outright state they aren't like VORTEX and up front state NO EXCHANGE NO WARRANTY NO REPAIRS on such illuminated reticle issues. Not even a sorry. He cut me off and stated the NO WARRANTY NO REPAIRS NO EXCHANGE even before I asked.

My tone was in fact direct opposite of this post. Just asking questions why not that's all.

Everyone deserves to know about the first hand experience I had with Athlon actually the second experience when they would not replace two really shitty brand new never used Athlon Argos BTR 6-24x50 scopes with extremely milky glass past 18x.

Last edited:
Just a warning to EVERYONE based on my own FIRST HAND EXPERIENCE here.

I have had my first top of the line Athlon Cronus BTR 4.5-29x56 that had a defective illuminated reticle which only lights up 2/3's of the reticle while the other lower left hand portion is really dim ever since it was brand new straight out of it's box and dealer told me they got lifetime warranty so don't worry just send it in and wasn't purchased from a return friendly dealer OBVIOUSLY.

Denied warranty for a brand spanking new never used UNmounted (NEVER BEEN MOUNTED) top of the line Athlon Cronus BTR 4.5-29x56 straight out of the box.

Athlon warranty and customer service manager higher up in charge stated within specs and not a factory defect based on design SOME percentage in their sample lots NEW MODELS and OLDER Cronus BTRs WILL have this noticeable dead spot in lack of illumination and to then it's TOTALLY NORMAL to have some Cronus BTR G1 and newer G2s with this very noticeable issue AND they will NEVER EVER (specific up front quote by manager) exchange them for brand new replacements as long as reticle illumination turns on regardless if it's dark on one portion and even if it's like this brand new straight out of their boxes. The Athlon sent in for warranty has to be obviously defective due to manufacture defect and not abused or dropped and that manager even stated they are NOT LIKE VORTEX REGARDING WARRANTY EXCHANGES FOR BRAND NEW SCOPES (UNQUOTE). Found out first hand the hard way. Illuminated reticles with deadbor dark spots or non consistent illumination over entire reticle aren't considered a manufacture defect.

I asked how about the Ares BTR Gen 2 and Midas Tac scopes which are my all time Athlon brand favorites what about if they have defective illuminated reticles? He said they won't because only the Cronus BTR line both new and old has this very obvious dark spot when the illumination turned on phenomenon at all brightness settings and zero illumination issues with the Chinese Ares BTR Gen 2 since they got a totally different illuminated reticle design and Midas Tac doesn't even have illuminated reticle anyway.

If you're even thinking of buying an Athlon Cronus please be sure to insist the dealer open the sealed box and install battery to check reticle at all illumination settings make damn sure it's perfect not dark on one part of the reticle before shipping otherwise you be stuck with one you won't get warranty exchange on due to illumination defect that Athlon straight out doesn't consider to be defective and will not improve on this obvious manufacturing issue I already asked that manager he said no plans to introduce any improvements nor have any plans for a Gen 3 Cronus at least past 2025.

The other recommendations is that Athlon customer service warranty manager said to buy the Nightforce sunshade for it and go read "snipers hide" for which model Nightforce sunshade and where to buy since I stated my Amazon problems buying several different Athlon factory sunshades multiple times returns and all that did not fit or did not match in color.

They do not have any plans to address the manufacturing issue with illuminated reticle nor improve on the fitment and color of the sunshades since they don't buy their sunshades from same manufacture of their scopes while he stated Nightforce buys the sunshade from same JAPAN manufacture as their scopes that's why they match perfectly no wonder because he even said the Cronus BTR Gen 1 and 2 are in fact made at that exact same Nightforce factory in JAPAN that's why the Nightforce sunshade fits and perfectly matches the Athlon Cronus. He said the genuine Japan sunshade cost too much so they decided to buy from other much cheaper manufacture that's why they don't fit or match perfectly and they have to charge at least $55 for it if they used proper genuine JAPAN OEM for the sunshade. (Strange since the Japan made Nightforce sunshade cost $30.00 MSRP RETAIL regular price when bought direct from Nightforce USA)

At least that higher up Athlon customer service warranty manager said the Ares BTR Gen 2 and Midas Tac no need worry about illumination issues unlike the Cronus BTR Gen 2 if you're one of the unlucky ones with the half side lit illuminated reticle they will not replace under warranty.

Fortunately (for me) the brand new Cronus BTR Gen 2 I received last week illumination is absolutely perfect aside from the unbelievably nearly unmanageable overly stiff turrets and controls with really sharp edges that WILL give everyone blisters if they don't use gloves. The manager even claimed due to Athlon upgrading to all stainless steel internals make everything super tight compared to my older much smoother controls Cronus BTR with illumination issue that's not covered under warranty.

Funny since my much cheaper Chinese made Ares BTR Gen 2s and Midas Tacs also have stainless steel internals too but have way smoother knobs and function that don't give me blisters or peeled bloody skin on my fingers.

Remember that manager outright said WE AREN'T LIKE VORTEX!!!

Better believe it.

I no longer recommend buying the Athlon Cronus BTR Gen 2 or any used Cronus BTR scopes regardless of price. If you get a replacement with a crappy illuminated reticle you're SOL no warranty.

Buy the Ares BTR Gen 2 or Midas Tac instead. Or better yet spend a little extra for an Element Theos around just over $2000 or Black Vortex Razor Gen 3 for $2450 I can guarantee you will be much happier especially with the Vortex Razor Gen 3 where you get absolutely no BS about warranty that's 4 sure. Too bad the new Cronus BTR Gen 2 is clearer than my Tract Toric ELR but the Tract Toric has night and day buttery smoother controls like a perfectly well oiled machine except for the stiff illumination knob.

Why am I not totally surprised since the owners of Athlon used to work for BUSHNELL!!!
I'm sorry to have to tell you this. Athlon and the phrase "top of the line" do not belong in the same sentence.

Perhaps try: this Athlon I bought hoping to scrape by while I save up for a rifle scope.

That manager was the snarky one. I was only playing the victim after the fact like a very poor sorry SOB.

What manager would even recommend buying a Nightforce sunshade and outright state they aren't like Virtes and up front state NO EXCHANGE NO WARRANTY NO REPAIRS on such illuminated reticle issues. Not even a sorry. He cut me off and stated the NO WARRANTY NO REPAIRS NO EXCHANGE even before I asked.

My tone was in fact direct opposite of this post. Just asking questions why not that's all.

Everyone deserves to know about the first hand experience I had with Athlon actually the second experience when they would not replace two really shitty brand new never used Athlon Argos BTR 6-24x50 scopes with extremely milky glass past 18x.
My wife had worked retail for years and she had memos next to clients names in her computer. Things like
“bitch”
“Not going to please them no matter what”
“Wants something for nothing”
You get the idea.
I figure they probably know your number and email from frequent encounters.

If the scope isn't perfect they should exchange it... But you can't be all that disappointed with Athlon's CS and warranty- because you actually recommended two of their ch***** models.
Buy them as cheap as possible so you can afford to toss them into the dumpster if they deny your warranty.

Don't worry later on when others get screwed over they will most definitely remember my warning.

I'm just going to buy more Vortex Razor Gen 3s and maybe more Element Theos (no experience with their warranty though) scopes from now on.

Vortex has been unbelievable when it comes to replacing no questions asked and they even pay for you return shipping label too. Chinese Vortex needed warranty but so far none of their Japan made scopes.

• Haha
Reactions: Genesis1984
They replaced an Gen 1 Argos BTR 6-24x50 that had a 10 MOA tracking error with a Gen. 2 for me. That was about 2 years ago.
So much for “a commitment that Athlon optics will be the best product you can buy for your money”.

My wife had worked retail for years and she had memos next to clients names in her computer. Things like
“bitch”
“Not going to please them no matter what”
“Wants something for nothing”
You get the idea.
I figure they probably know your number and email from frequent encounters.
I don't and never expect something for nothing just fix my scope illumination that's all don't need exchange for brand new one just fix it and It's not a cheap scope it cost $1200 plus shipping on sale and $1799.99 typical street price.

because he even said the Cronus BTR Gen 1 and 2 are in fact made at that exact same Nightforce factory in JAPAN
This line is odd to me... The Manager doesn't even know that Nightforce doesn't have their own factory in Japan? They are subbed and built to spec. NF scopes are either built or have their glass sourced from LOW in Japan.

Reactions: Scopeye
Isn’t the Cronus made in Japan?
It's made at LOW in Japan same place as Nightforce (as per what the Athlon manager told me) and many others. The Cronus is Athlons top of the line scope that typically sells for $1799.99 and $1200 on sale.

I have 2 and one is ok while the other has this issue with illumination they say is normal and not a factory defect.

Who wants to play the Athlon Cronus BTR illuminated reticle NO WARRANTY lottery game?

Last edited:
This line is odd to me... The Manager doesn't even know that Nightforce doesn't have their own factory in Japan? They are subbed and built to spec. NF scopes are either built or have their glass sourced from LOW in Japan.
I'm just regurgitating exactly what the manager said to me. Funny as he said go to snipershide to see which Nightforce sunshade I have to buy for my Cronus BTR scopes after I asked him what Nightforce sunshade model number to buy.

Reactions: bobb3950
So I should go install the battery in mine to see if the illumination works? Lol

Never used it
Do you want to buy mine then? Never been mounted. As new like new open box.

I'm curious to know if yours is one of the good ones or not.

They replaced an Gen 1 Argos BTR 6-24x50 that had a 10 MOA tracking error with a Gen. 2 for me. That was about 2 years ago.
So much for “a commitment that Athlon optics will be the best product you can buy for your money”.
Riton and Bushnell "used to be good" on their warranty before too.

Reactions: diverdon
I don't and never expect something for nothing just fix my scope illumination that's all don't need exchange for brand new one just fix it and It's not a cheap scope it cost $1200 plus shipping on sale and $1799.99 typical street price.
You’re failing to see my point, I don’t think it’s going to do any good explaining it either. He told you to go to Snipershide for a reason and you’re failing to see his point as well. I figure he’s a member here.

Weren't you the guy who recommends using Burris rings because they don't leave marks. Then you can claim you never mounted it and return it?
Yes but due to the obvious illumination issue I noticed straight out of the box I never even bothered to mount it.

Just to set the record straight I never once claimed I hadn't mounted scopes I returned.

You’re failing to see my point, I don’t think it’s going to do any good explaining it either. He told you to go to Snipershide for a reason and you’re failing to see his point as well. I figure he’s a member here.
Come out come out wherever you are. Come defend Athlon warranty practices I dare you to.

What about the complaints about Athlon replacing customers' sent in brand new defective scopes straight out of their boxes with used ones?

Christ even your titles are a fuckin novel. Have you ever typed something and considered not writing a hard back book worth of shit that no one gives a fuck about? Cause no one gives a fuck about the constant dumb shit you spew.

When vortex’s warranty and customer service decline it’ll be due to people like you.

Come out come out wherever you are. Come defend Athlon warranty practices I dare you to.
Again you’re failing to see the point.
I’d be willing to bet if it was anyone else they’d probably replace it with a gen 2.
You wear people down with your relentlessness.
But anyway, I’m done jabbing at your character. I’m going to see if there’s any cookies left in the kitchen.
Good luck buddy.

Christ even your titles are a fuckin novel. Have you ever typed something and considered not writing a hard back book worth of shit that no one gives a fuck about? Cause no one gives a fuck about the constant dumb shit you spew.

When vortex’s warranty and customer service decline it’ll be due to people like you.
Just IGNORE all my posts. Don't waste any precious effort on my little ole self.

Again you’re failing to see the point.
I’d be willing to bet if it was anyone else they’d probably replace it with a gen 2.
You wear people down with your relentlessness.
But anyway, I’m done jabbing at your character. I’m going to see if there’s any cookies left in the kitchen.
Good luck buddy.
I just bought 20 Athlon scopes during this past Black Friday sale and they do this to me oh joy. Well over ten Gs worth. It's like a big thank you and F you very much.

Order has already shipped damn...

I just bought 20 Athlon scopes during this past Black Friday sale and they do this to me oh joy. Well over ten Gs worth. It's like a big thank you and F you very much.
Why don’t you post pictures of your 10k$ worth of element theos and those 20 athlons, and the tract optics? You type a lot but post no pictures of all these scopes. How many rifles do you have? Better question, how many sets of Burris xtr rings do you have?

Why would Vortex be affected by people like me? Sounds racist. They never ever even once screwed me over and went well above and beyond as they always do. If anything I'd be singing praises for Vortex when it comes to taking care of their customers.

Ive never had to deal with Athlons warranty deptartment. But fuck if i was working for them and i answered the phone and you were on the other end i would about want to tell you to go kick rocks. You can tell that you have that “karen” gene in you just by the way you typed all this. Just relax. Use the damn scope or sell it and move on. But quit your crying.

Reactions: Cr1775
Why don’t you post pictures of your 10k$ worth of element theos and those 20 athlons, and the tract optics? You type a lot but post no pictures of all these scopes. How many rifles do you have? Better question, how many sets of Burris xtr rings do you have?
I don't post photos unless I want to sell things. I'll message you if you're u like you can go contact the dealers I bought from recently just last week to verify my purchase amounts if you like but I don't post pics it's show off which I don't like to do and for nothing just waste of time and I don't like to brag either unlike many people like to do. I try to be humble believe it or not till I get called out people insinuating I don't have first hand knowledge to give any first hand comparisons because I don't own said scopes myself.

• Haha
Reactions: TheMammoth
Ive never had to deal with Athlons warranty deptartment. But fuck if i was working for them and i answered the phone and you were on the other end i would about want to tell you to go kick rocks. You can tell that you have that “karen” gene in you just by the way you typed all this. Just relax. Use the damn scope or sell it and move on. But quit your crying.
Do you think people don't have the right to know what could possibly happen if they needed to send in their Athlon Cronus in for warranty?

The manager said EVERYONE won't get any replacement or repair for the Cronus scopes regarding their illuminated reticle that exhibited this dark spot.

Do you think no one has the right to be well aware of checking their illumination first due to this no warranty repair nor replacement issue? Or having this knowledge to determine whether or not it's worth it to them by risking buying one of the Cronus scopes?

Should I just not say anything and let everyone get screwed over and laugh about it behind their backs when I could have warned them beforehand?

Wouldn't you? What kind of human being are you anyway to actually remain silent while letting others get screwed over by not telling them the facts if you experienced something such as this first hand?

I don't post photos unless I want to sell things. I'll message you if you're u like you can go contact the dealers I bought from recently just last week to verify my purchase amounts if you like but I don't post pics it's show off which I don't like to do and for nothing just waste of time and I don't like to brag either unlike many people like to do. I try to be humble believe it or not till I get called out people insinuating I don't have first hand knowledge to give any first hand comparisons because I don't own said scopes myself.
I’d be satisfied if you would just post a pick of the defective reticle. Let’s see how bad it is.

Why would Vortex be affected by people like me? Sounds racist. They never ever even once screwed me over and went well above and beyond as they always do. If anything I'd be singing praises for Vortex when it comes to taking care of their customers.

How did you get racist out of that? Lol. People like you will affect good warranties with the relentless Karen bullshit you hammer them with.

Why would anyone order 20 scopes on a black friday sale, if they weren't intending to selling them later for profit somewhere else once the sale ends? Are you a home-based optics dealer that is selling them off in the PX here without being a paying commercial vendor?

Anyone else getting Scott Berish/Liberty Optics vibes?

LOL

Maybe the dealer denied your return because you abuse returns like a dbag.

I’ll laugh my ass off if you’re stuck with it, couldn’t happen to a better person.
I could have returned it but I trusted Athlon's warranty prematurely.

I guess everyone has their day of getting screwed over by well respected companies.

Looks like even you had your fair share of getting bent over without lube by several different big name brands already.

At least I respect you for being honest and having your say about your own personal experiences getting screwed over by certain companies not honoring their lifetime warranty.

The comment you made about Zeiss not honoring their warranty was really surprising.

I don't sell any of my gear and never for profit. PERIOD. Break even maybe at best but I don't feel good ripping anyone off.

If I sell later after I have no use for them I don't plan to earn a profit because this hobby is not a business otherwise it won't be fun.

At most I've sold a few items for what deal I paid that's about it only to people who asked me to sell them some stuff because I always like to specify the cheapest prices and places to buy from and tell others where to buy them cheapest.

If I were a dealer why would I tell everyone go buy from places like Walmart if I buy from there too? Doesn't make much sense to me.

If I were to resell I wouldn't post the cheapest prices and places to buy from either wouldn't you think?

I'm greedy TBH. I don't like selling any of my stuff.

I haven't sold a single thing I bought from Liberty Optics ever to earn a profit.

Do you see me posting anything for sale EVER?
Why would anyone order 20 scopes on a black friday sale, if they weren't intending to selling them later for profit somewhere else once the sale ends? Are you a home-based optics dealer that is selling them off in the PX here without being a paying commercial vendor?

UNmounted (NEVER BEEN MOUNTED)
So is this "Normal Person Never Been Mounted" or "Scopeye Never Been Mounted"

He just mentioned a random internet forum off the cuff? That doesn't sound fishy at all.

I don't feel good ripping anyone off.
Just the retailers you buy optics from, which you mount, then return, for them to sell to the next customer down the line as NIB?

TTh
So is this "Normal Person Never Been Mounted" or "Scopeye Never Been Mounted"

He just mentioned a random internet forum off the cuff? That doesn't sound fishy at all.

Just the retailers you buy optics from, which you mount, then return, for them to sell to the next customer down the line as NIB?
They are sold as DEMO designated models at a good discount.

Everyone has a right to return items they don't find worth keeping at the price they paid.

If they are good enough at least above average for me and get among with my eyes I keep them. If they're great I buy multiples of then next time they go on sale.

I

In fact I'm replacing some of my Japan made Bushnell and Weaver scopes with these Athlons I just bought. Night and day better glass, way more total elevation travel and have zero stops and at least have matching Mil/Mil reticle and turrets.

I actually needed to buy a lot more than I did TBH.

Maybe later I might list a lot of Bushnells and Weavers for sale all made in Japan.

MASSIVE wall of text that I choose not to read
Athlon.....hmm, cheesy no name chiwanese knock off crap and you're amazed it doesn't work WT-ever lovin-F ?
Riton .....are you kidding with that name ? you KNOW it's the good shit just by that.
Bushnell.....don't they sell those at WalMart ? You know it's gotta be good shit then, right ?
Tasco = your next go to favorite scope ?

That's what I got from a quick scan of this thread.

BTW, Weaver Tactical scopes are a damn fine scope, they just never sold another model that was worth a flying fuck in a snow storm.
Another BTW, EuroOptic has/had Meopta Optika 6 scopes for right at $500 for black friday.....that would have been a much wiser choice for you.

Reactions: Scopeye
You're racist for saying that sounds racist you racist
What a fudd

Wtf is happening in here.

And who the hell buys 10k worth of “cheap” scopes.

Only reason I have one is my .22 needed an optic upgrade and I got a Cronus for like $900 lol.

Reactions: RTH1800 and FuhQ
Get this, Athlon used to have an A+ rating on the BBB even with one complaint and being unaccredited.

I just checked and that complaint mysteriously disappeared and they currently got a N/R rating not enough data so I did my duty.

If it was fir only a $200 to $300 scope maybe I could just eat it and let it slide about the very shitty illumination but we're talking about a $1999.99 MSRP scope that usually sells for around $1700 or $1800.

The way that manager told me as though a lot of customers had already sent theirs in for the same problem then they decide to just deny everyone else Warranty after a certain point.

What really gets me is they won't even repair it no matter what.