• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Burris Customer Service Sucks!

clo

Private
Minuteman
Aug 28, 2006
Sacramento, CA
Okay hiders, this is my second Burris scope, one is on a FFII on a cheap hunting rig, the other is FFII Tactical 2-7x35mm that I've had nothing but problems with. This scope only sits on my 10/22 so there's no heavy thumping going on.

1st problem: Elevation knob was all screwed up, up was down, down was up, knobs were backwards. So at first all I was doing was varmint shooting so I zeroed and said I can live with it, until I tried to dial some elevation, pop, comes the turret and all the bearings. I send it in and it takes 2MONTHS to get back to me.

2nd problem: I get the scope back and noticed all the knobs work as they should but the lines that indicate my zero on the elevation is situated on the side of the scope. So when I want to check how much elevation I've dialed I have to look get off target and look to the side of the scope.

Anyhow I was on the phone this morning with Burris for 30mins, 25mins of it on hold and being transfered three times. When I finally talked to someone they said there was no way that scope came back to me like that. Indicating I must of done something to it, so I fire them up and say that this level of service was not accetable, I don't think the lady cared honestly. So the scope is now going back to them and I was directed to put it attention to Bob to get a quicker turn around.

Sorry for the rant, just a little pissed cause my 10/22 is sitting without a scope for about 2months now. Looking to get a Mark2 to replace this P.O. Crap.

My last Burris for sure.Whats your Burris horror story.

Re: Burris Customer Service Sucks!

The reason why I research products, companies, and do the SHOT Show report is to prevent this sort of thing. Not everyone will have a Burris horror story but there is a reason I didn't even visit their booth this year, and it's not about $$. This type of experience is all too common lately.

The Mk2 is an upgrade, but you can do better.

Scott

Re: Burris Customer Service Sucks!

I doubt Burris monitors websites like the hide like USO, NF, and Leupold for users input. If they do hopefully this rant will get someones attention up there. Not like Burris is highend highspeed gear, but customer service and products has to be up to par.