• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Burris XTR Pro 🇺🇸

Installed the throw lever today. No instructions (really not needed either) so I torqued it to 20 in/lbs which is probably a hair high. Didn’t strip though. I love the size of it, big enough to use easily and not too big to get in the way. I installed mine where the lever sits at 12x, seems to be a really good spot since I run around 16x a lot, puts the lever just right of vertical so I can still see the turret. No issues on 30x with bolt handle interference either.
5EA26410-3AB8-4694-B1D1-84382EE4975F.jpeg

Let me know if you guys end up shooting the Hornady PRC this year. We can meet up and say hello.

Myself and a couple buddies always go down for that match and stay with Nick Arnold of Straight Jacket Amory there in Evanston.

It's a fun match..

I have a few SCR 1/4 that aren't spoken for and when I receive them (hopefully soon) I'll post a note about yalls price and post them in the PX. Hope everyone who got one of my Pros is happy!

Reactions: Birddog6424
It’s about a 6 hour drive for me. I’ll have to see when the annual family beach trip is this year but I might be able to make it.
Damn, I'm closer than you. Evanston is about 5 1/2 hours from Boise.

I can only imagine how far you have to drive to find a beach 🤣

Ordered one from Scott yesterday.
SCR 1/4 reticle, looks very promising.
Thanks for the reviews

You guys are such haters on the Horus. Let me get behind it and I will let you know my thoughts. The beauty may be that I will have another excuse for not seeing/hitting anything!

You guys are such haters on the Horus. Let me get behind it and I will let you know my thoughts. The beauty may be that I will have another excuse for not seeing/hitting anything!

I totally understand the guys who were military and trained on a Horus reticle - but otherwise, why go through the pain? :ROFLMAO:

No hate at all. I just like to see the target, hit’s and misses. Don’t have a spotter available all the time that would make these observations for me.
It’s my personal opinion that my eye focuses to much on the reticle if it is big and to “busy”.

Reactions: Stoweit
Any insight on how the new SCR 2 1/4 compares to the SCR2? Trying to decide on which one to get.

^I tried the PR2 in the MK5 and didn't like it. I like the idea of the more open reticle, but the SCR2 is so nice and thin to begin with... As far as halving 1/4's vs tenths of mils, likely just needed to get used to it.

Reactions: Schütze
under the turret is a brass triangle.

Factory setting stops the turret at 0
Flip it over gives a -0.4
take it out and it can go down till turret hits. All scopes will be different here. Will not effect function.

View attachment 7822614

added the 4

even switching barrels, which I do alot with all these divisions and weight classes popping up, having that .4 under has been plenty. if its more than .4, its super easy to loose quick detach turret and go up to 2 mils and tighten quickly without allens. I agree tho it sure is nice having the ability to dial below zero.

Regards
DT

I deleted one of the pics from the above quote.

Does anyone know if the turret on the XTR III has the same zero stop triangle?

sorry for continuing to derail this thread about the Pro....

Is there a way to "defeat" the zero stop in the XTR III (like removing that triangle would defeat the zero stop on the Pro)?

sorry for continuing to derail this thread about the Pro....

Is there a way to "defeat" the zero stop in the XTR III (like removing that triangle would defeat the zero stop on the Pro)?

Loosen the turret, pull it up a bit, then re-tighten. Now turn the turret as far below zero as you'd like, then loosen again, and press down flush. Re-tighten. New Z-stop is where you put it.

Thanks. I've read the manual, and know how to set the zero stop. I'm trying to determine if I can eliminate the zero stop....or ideally, have the stop position set below zero.

I don't own either scope yet, or have a way of getting my hands on either. I'm trying to figure out if I should spend more for the Pro, or settle for the XTR at closeout pricing.

Sorry for the off topic.

Thanks. I've read the manual, and know how to set the zero stop. I'm trying to determine if I can eliminate the zero stop....or ideally, have the stop position set below zero.

I don't own either scope yet, or have a way of getting my hands on either. I'm trying to figure out if I should spend more for the Pro, or settle for the XTR at closeout pricing.

Sorry for the off topic.

There is a XT3 thread maybe ask there.

Also, the closeout prices are absolutely redic good deal. Odd ive never heard this q asked before and now I want to check.

GL!
DT

Sorry for the off topic.

I was explaining how to set it to stop below zero, as far below as you like, until the scope bottoms out. If unclear, perhaps I can take pics, or someone else can explain the same in a better way.

I think I'm not asking my question correctly. But I posted it in the XTR3 thread instead. Sorry for polluting this one. Thanks all for trying to help.
You are asking correctly. You want to: have your scope at 0 and then be able to turn the turret to go below zero which would allow you to do a hold under if needed. Chickentoast is on the same page as you. Im not home to mess with my scope but Ill be trying the method mentioned above when I do get back. Im a little confused too but thats just cause I dont have the scope in front of me to attempt it.

@Chickentoast Does that make you lose your zero to get it set up the first time around?

You are asking correctly. You want to: have your scope at 0 and then be able to turn the turret to go below zero which would allow you to do a hold under if needed. Chickentoast is on the same page as you. Im not home to mess with my scope but Ill be trying the method mentioned above when I do get back. Im a little confused too but thats just cause I dont have the scope in front of me to attempt it.

@Chickentoast Does that make you lose your zero to get it set up the first time around?

No loss of zero, I posted pics in the regular XTR3 thread.

Reactions: Sogan
Anyone have one with the tremor 5?
I picked up a Pro with Tremor 5 last week. Have not mounted yet. Did a little comparison between my Leupold Mk5 and Sig Tango6 as light faded the other night. The Burris is extremely nice and I think I'm going to like the Horus Tremor 5 reticle. We will see after going to the range as soon as I get my ARC rings here. Have a match next weekend and will probably be using the Mk5 one last time on my comp gun and then make the switch and get some time behind the Tremor. I really do not understand the negative opinions on the Tremor 5. You can dial elevation and wind using the mil segmented stadia, dial and hold wind using mils or let the tremor 5 do the work. Just hold over, pick the wind dot then squeeze. At 16 power or higher on the mag I feel the reticle opens up nicely giving a great view of the target. Will let ya'll know how I feel after the switch.

@Birddog6424, @D_TROS
Anybody know when the 1/4 mils will hit the streets?
The first runs on all the reticle options are already sold. I doubt Burris is sitting on anything other than their exchange allocation.

The problem is, I don't know who got them. That first run went to the vendors who got in pretty early on the ordering. It looks like a whole lot of scopes went to LGS' across the country. I've heard of several people picking them up at stores you wouldn't really consider being a huge source for optics.

That first batch was nuts. As I posted above, before they could set up an allocation designating where they wanted them to go, the shipping department grabbed them and started shipping, filling orders from the system. They scattered to a bunch of mom and pop gun shops across the country.

Allocations are in place now. Shipping locations will be to shops with a bigger footprint going forward.

Reactions: Huskydriver
That first batch was nuts. As I posted above, before they could set up an allocation designating where they wanted them to go, the shipping department grabbed them and started shipping, filling orders from the system. They scattered to a bunch of mom and pop gun shops across the country.

Allocations are in place now. Shipping locations will be to shops with a bigger footprint going forward.

Just Joshin' - any reason to post that amazing recording. I went darkside with a couple G3's 'cause I was frustrated with the wait. Still have my old XTR3's, and still love 'em. Not sure I want to go Pro with the thicker reticle, even if it does come with better glass. Fishing season now for me anyway!

Haha, now you've done it 🤣

That's me holding the phone and my good friend Brady behind me.

These are XTR Pros with newly installed glass being inspected. The red light helps the glue dry. You can see a handful of Pros in the light.

XTR Pros undergoing final inspection.

The shipping department..

Reactions: Huskydriver
How does the XTR Pro compares optically to the Leica PRS. Seems like the Leica might be a wee bit cheaper up North

Last edited:
Hopefully one of those pros is heading to me! I’m patiently waiting

I've looked through a Leica, but I've not had them alongside each other.
I've looked through a leica. The glass is very nice. The turrets are not very nice. Can't tell you how it compares to the xtr pro tho. I can't get my hands on one even tho I shoot for burris in Australia