• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Bushnell DMRIIi impressions

CONDTN1

Corporal type
Minuteman
Feb 14, 2017
Columbus, Ms.
I'm in the market for a new scope to go on a rifle that I will be hunting and target shooting with out to as far as I can see. I am pretty much dead set on getting the new DMRIIi but I am kind of hesitant on paying 1600 for a scope if I could get maybe find a like new ERS for a 1000. Is there $600 worth of benefits in the new DMR2 over the ERS? I do realize its only 600 bucks but you try explaining that to my wife... Rifle is a custom .308 with 18" barrel.

Attachments

• photo49209.png
    photo49209.png
    192.1 KB · Views: 22
The fact that it is illuminated and has a much, much simpler (ie better) zero stop than the ERS would make it worth it to me. The turrets are also lower profile.

You could also look at a Gen I Razor from MHSA with their Spuhr deal for $1700 as well.

I have one. Bushnell offers an excellent military discount. So far I am happy with it and it looks like it'll be my primary PRS scope for the foreseeable future.

It is just an upgrade over the HDMR I and ERS. The turrets feel just like the HDMR but with 10 mils per turn. The glass is better because of a change in the coating. Illumination is a plus. The zero stop is very easy to set. It is a much better looking scope than the ERS.

There's nothing wrong with the original ERS so if you don't need illumination then you will not be hurting yourself by getting a used ERS for around $1000. That being said, talk to the Hide vendors as I'm certain you can find the DMR II for less than $1600.

I bought one, delivered today. I am by no means qualified to evaluate a high end scope, but I'll tell ya my thoughts. My first impression is it looks a lot better than the ERS, they got rid of the tall ass turret, the turrets have a nice feel, same as old one, as stated above, I like that illumination turns off between each level of brightness, illum is pretty crisp, not a lot wash out. I have a Gen 1 Razor I'm comparing to, the glass is definitely better than its predecessor, I know they say they only changed the coatings, but its better, its clearer. I can't really make out a discernible difference in it vs the Gen 1 Razor, it seems clear to the edge, as is the Razor. It would take someone other than me with younger than 50yr old eyes to really compare clarity. The reticle seems a little thick to me at max power, probably not a deal breaker, I like this reticle, but I do wish it was a little thinner. I like that its short, I bought it to go on a short rifle. I'm digging it at first glance. I'll get it mounted up and try it out next week if the weather is good. If anything really stands out to me about it, I'll report back.

Having the shorter turrets is a bonus that is easily overlooked. My 308 does not fit in my eberlestock unless i take out the magazine. I have a gen 1 razor and the elevation turret is justtttt tall enough to not allow the rifle to fit completely in the scabbard unless i take out the mag. Not a huge deal, but definitely something to take note.

Update from my previous post. After one short range session with it. The Good, I was really impressed with clarity at this price point, I found myself looking at resolution details that I didnt think would be possible from this scope. You will like the glass for this price scope. The turrets are nice, good feel. The (not so) bad- The G3 reticle just seemed too thick to me, I have been shooting a 4-16x lately, to this 3.5.-21x, and I found myself using it most of time at about 16x just because that is where the reticle looked good to me. A little finer reticle with finer hash marks would be a great improvement I think. I know they make this in a H59 but it was not available when I ordered, but I would take a good look at a H59 vs G3 before purchasing if you guys are interested in one.

What does the DMR2i has over the DMR2 non i..? If i remember correctly the non i model of the DMR2 is pretty new too and already and update???

What does the DMR2i has over the DMR2 non i..? If i remember correctly the non i model of the DMR2 is pretty new too and already and update???

They are essentially the same scope. The "I" is just the illuminated version. They were released at the same time.

Ahh, that's why everywhere I search no one has one. What confused me is when you go to EuroOptics page, it says discontinued. Thanks for the clarification. I'm going to be on the lookout for this. Sounds like a great scope for my 6.5 Creedmoor AR build.

Does anyone know about the horus version of this or if it is available? I am finding conflicting information on if you can get or that it is a mil only.

I have one with an H59 reticle, purchased second hand. They must be out there. No illumination...

Does anyone know about the horus version of this or if it is available? I am finding conflicting information on if you can get or that it is a mil only.

I was at the Bushnell factory outlet in KC this weekend and they had an HDMRII in the case, maybe more in back of house. They also had a pile of DMRII & DMRII-i's. I walked out with a DMRII-i and I am super happy with it.

My old HDMR with TRMR got sent in for repair a week ago and I just called to check up. They looked at it and made the decision that it needed to be replaced. They will be replacing it with the gen 2 with H59. They said they were expecting to get another batch wednesday or so and will send it out to me end of the week.