• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

buttstock design question

tacshooter223

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 25, 2009
Destin, FL
Probably a stupid question but I'm going to start try to make my own rifle stock and am not sure how to do the buttstock.

What are the advantages and disadvantages to the butt hook style on stocks such as the A5 and the more fluid shape of stocks such as the Remington Classic. (just the bottom part of it)

Does the straight angled part just help with riding a bag and the butt hook just help for using your hand as the rear rest?

Not sure where to go with this, thanks for any help guys!

TS223

Re: buttstock design question

someone needs to get off the couch and get some different and varied trigger time, to include weak side shooting,and deploying from vehicles both airborne and ground . cold weather and different meteorological conditions along with serious abuse to include dropping and submersion .

it would prolly help to win a match or two also with said stock.

or at least put some meat on the table.....

.......which reminds me about another member here on the Hide that NOW as i post will be coming forth with about 20 or so one piece aluminum stocks......

to be used in yet another tactical competition......in south Texas.........

i'm just sayin

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">someone needs to get off the couch and get some different and varied trigger time, to include weak side shooting,and deploying from vehicles both airborne and ground . cold weather and different meteorological conditions along with serious abuse to include dropping and submersion .

it would prolly help to win a match or two also with said stock.

or at least put some meat on the table.....

.......which reminds me about another member here on the Hide that NOW as i post will be coming forth with about 20 or so one piece aluminum stocks......

to be used in yet another tactical competition......in south Texas.........

i'm just sayin </div></div>
I'm confused. I know I need more trigger time but I can't get out much because I need to have two schedules that will fit the outing.

I'm really not sure what putting meat on the table and shooting "cold weather and different meteorological conditions along with serious abuse to include dropping and submersion" has to do with this question?

I'm not trying to give you attitude since I'm obviously younger than you and owe you some respect but I'm really confused...

these things we play with are nothing more than tools.....and to quote another valued member here on the Hide and firearms instructor....deploying and driving a rifle is a most un-natural act, and to quote yet another member.....'marksmanship is a perishable skill'

that being said.......one must get comfortable and consistent behind a rifle, and not worry so much about putting lipstick on some piece of shit canoe oar.........

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">these things we play with are nothing more than tools.....and to quote another valued member here on the Hide and firearms instructor....deploying and driving a rifle is a most un-natural act, and to quote yet another member.....'marksmanship is a perishable skill'

that being said.......one must get comfortable and consistent behind a rifle, and not worry so much about putting lipstick on some piece of shit canoe oar......... </div></div>
So pretty much it doesn't matter just get used to what you have?

Thanks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BOLTRIPPER</div><div class="ubbcode-body">yuppers................... </div></div>
Sorry short sweet and to the point is how I do things haha. But thank you again.