• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Suppressors buy once cry once or something like that. 6GT suppressor advice

Misfit_

The Crimson Ghost
Supporter
Minuteman
Dec 8, 2019
Don't wanna cause a fight or anything but with this new E-Form stuff coming along, I'm wanting to buy a dedicated suppressor for my 6GT. Whats the go to on this?

Not sure what the e-form thingy has to do with this.

But you haven't told us what you're looking for out of a suppressor so we can recommend one...

Weight
Length
Sound suppression
Mounting preference

Etc

Why would you cause a fight with this question??

General consensus is that TBAC is the gold standard in precision rifle suppression(my opinion as well, I own two Ultra 7’s). But there are many other brands/models that perform well and will give you the accuracy and suppression you desire.

I have a Rugged Surge that I could not be happier with.

I can run it in a 7.5” or a 9” configuration by unscrewing a baffel and moving the end cap to the new configuration.

My accuracy has remained or improved after shooting with the can.

Rugged has a “throw it off a cliff” warranty that I have yet to use, so that’s good.

It’s full auto rated.

I run it on everything I own, including ARs and bolt rifles and it just plain works.

If I were to do it again, I would buy a direct thread, though.

Having to have an adapter on every rifle adds up fast as I have $600 in adapters and it still isn’t enough.

Edit: I also run it on a 6GT, not that it matters.

Why would you cause a fight with this question??

General consensus is that TBAC is the gold standard in precision rifle suppression(my opinion as well, I own two Ultra 7’s). But there are many other brands/models that perform well and will give you the accuracy and suppression you desire.
Because people are soft as hell, and if you don’t like what they like or say ones better then another you’re wrong.

I’ve heard nothing but good things about thunder beast. I wasn’t sure if they were still relevant as that was several years ago when I looked into them.

I have two suppressors at the moment a 556 socom and a 762 socom. Surefire makes tough cans but I’m looking for something with better sound suppression and much better poi shift management.

Reactions: black5.3
Because people are soft as hell, and if you don’t like what they like or say ones better then another you’re wrong.

I’ve heard nothing but good things about thunder beast. I wasn’t sure if they were still relevant as that was several years ago when I looked into them.

I have two suppressors at the moment a 556 socom and a 762 socom. Surefire makes tough cans but I’m looking for something with better sound suppression and much better poi shift management.
Thunder Beast! I love mine!

The regular Ultra line was revised just last year, quieter and lighter than the original Ultras. We have more new stuff coming @ SHOT this year. More of what you'd expect from us, maybe something you might'n't.
Oooh January can't come soon enough! Maybe an updated 338 ultra stack?!

Reactions: RS14
The regular Ultra line was revised just last year, quieter and lighter than the original Ultras. We have more new stuff coming @ SHOT this year. More of what you'd expect from us, maybe something you might'n't.
Thank you for the update!

Thunderbeast dominus or ultra 7. The Kgm r30 are supposed to pretty awesome and there’s a snipers hide group buy going on

As mentioned thunderbeast is the gold standard and lightweight. I run a rugged surge as well though personally, bombproof suppressor with a great mount as long as you don’t mind the weight.

What do you mean with “e-form stuff coming along”?

What do you mean with “e-form stuff coming along”?
Supposedly the ATF's eFile system is going to go live for From 4 submissions later this month. Not too much info has been released other than to say do not try withdrawing a current submission to only then re-apply through the eFile system.

How long after Shot for any of it to be released to the public?

Silencer Shop has a promo on the Nomad LT for a free tax stamp ($200 off basically). TBAC themselves actually metered it along with several other of the larger diameter cans and it did really well. It beat their Ultra 9 as well as the CGS Hyperion.

It appears the annual billfold lightening will continue unabated!

Assuming you're competing with the 6gt, I'm a big fan of the maverick from area 419. The short stack with the brake is really good at taking the concussion out of the shooting experience, but also reducing recoil by a lot. Coming off a 2 day match won't feel like you've been punched in the face anymore.

Then if you want to shoot quieter, you have the option to.

If you only ever want to shoot suppressed and don't care about recoil, TBAC is the way to go.

Reactions: Misfit_
Supposedly the ATF's eFile system is going to go live for From 4 submissions later this month. Not too much info has been released other than to say do not try withdrawing a current submission to only then re-apply through the eFile system.
Counter guy at a local LGS said that SilencerCo informed them that if someone has paperwork already in the system and withdraws it and re-files as an efile that they will slow-walk it as it will clog up the system. Just bought an Omega 300 at Thanksgiving!! Grrr

Get a .30 suppressor no matter the brand. That way it can be used from .223 to .30 and you won't see much, if any, difference on the 6mm.

Or, build your own. Form 1s are taking 3-5 weeks right now. Chances are you could have it/use it next month.

Get a .30 suppressor no matter the brand. That way it can be used from .223 to .30 and you won't see much, if any, difference on the 6mm.
I agree I hate to see someone limit themselves for an unnoticeable decibel change

Reactions: Rob01
I thought the 6GT was so perfect you didn't even need a suppresor!!! I'm not sure if it was because it was naturally so quiet or that the noise it made was like orgasm in your ear!!!

I never owned one so maybe you shouldn't listen to me.

Dead Air Nomad-LT gets my vote. I love mine.

Assuming you're competing with the 6gt, I'm a big fan of the maverick from area 419. The short stack with the brake is really good at taking the concussion out of the shooting experience, but also reducing recoil by a lot. Coming off a 2 day match won't feel like you've been punched in the face anymore.

Then if you want to shoot quieter, you have the option to.

If you only ever want to shoot suppressed and don't care about recoil, TBAC is the way to go.
Jesus Christ ... you feel like you’ve been punched in the face after shooting a 6GT ?

• Haha
Reactions: FuhQ
Jesus Christ ... you feel like you’ve been punched in the face after shooting a 6GT ?
After shooting 250 or so rounds of 6GT with an aggressive muzzle brake in 2 days along with being around everyone else who has 4 port brakes? Yes. Concussion blast is a bitch and gets fatiguing after all day of dealing with it.

Dear lord please let it be a titanium 46 caliber dedicated can and put all these other “multi purpose” cans to shame

No, what I really want is another "multi-purpose" can that is made from steel, weighs as much as a framing hammer, and is rated for full-auto subgun use and 338 LM mag. I'll only run it on a 9mm or 45ACP handgun and will hate nearly every minute of this experience, but at least it'll hypothetically be the last can I ever need to buy.

I'm hoping for more stuff from TBAC that uses the SR mount, so I can throw another ~$1500 at a can to better-utilize the $1500 I've thrown at brakes :LOL:

No, what I really want is another "multi-purpose" can that is made from steel, weighs as much as a framing hammer, and is rated for full-auto subgun use and 338 LM mag. I'll only run it on a 9mm or 45ACP handgun and will hate nearly every minute of this experience, but at least it'll hypothetically be the last can I ever need to buy.

I'm hoping for more stuff from TBAC that uses the SR mount, so I can throw another ~$1500 at a can to better-utilize the $1500 I've thrown at brakes :LOL:
Lol I’m so deep into CB mounts I don’t see myself getting into SR, but maybe one day. This whole NFA thing is a life long commitment, and nobody likes a quitter :LOL:

I’m tired of running these massive heavy ass 46 caliber cans that are meant to “do it all” when all I want to use it for is 450 bushmaster hunting. The whole last can I ever need cracks me up. Love when people bitch about running their hybrid 46 on a handgun….. no shit 😂

Reactions: E. Bryant
why-not-both-why-not.gif

You're hunting with a 450BM? Oh man, that rate of fire means you need a full Inconel baffle stack. Maybe a Stellite blast baffle, just to be safe.

Listen, as an engineer, I love modern materials and all the cool things we can do with them - but some of this stuff is getting a bit silly (especially in an economic environment that doesn't really support massive rates of fire).

You're hunting with a 450BM? Oh man, that rate of fire means you need a full Inconel baffle stack. Maybe a Stellite blast baffle, just to be safe.

Listen, as an engineer, I love modern materials and all the cool things we can do with them - but some of this stuff is getting a bit silly (especially in an economic environment that doesn't really support massive rates of fire).
No massive rate of fire here, usually a one a done with this beast, killed a few this year one at 270yds7CB2CD1F-3418-42CB-80AF-0A06CC25CB10.jpeg
My lovely state has a rifle restricted zone where all I can use is straight wall cartridge or shotgun

TBAC is what I bought when I had this buy once cry once dilemna before 41F.
The problem with TBAC is that its not a buy once cry once because you always end up buying more of their stuff.
This is so true. I now have more than one. Their customer service is awesome. I had a baffle loose in a 10 year old 30p, sent it in and they updated it with the Ultra 9 goodness and it cost me $0.

Reactions: kthomas and jcam