• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Cases not fire forming and carbon at case head

NFshooter150

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Aug 16, 2022
Idaho
Hey everyone so I'm trying to figure out what's going on here. This brass pictured is out of a .22bra chamber the fire forming method used is the false shoulder. So these cases are from the 2nd firing and the resizing die used is the SAC modular BRA die. All the pieces of brass that had this happen were short on headspace by about .003. my theory is that either maybe my chamber is bigger then the sac sizing die or maybe I bumped the shoulder to far back. Let me know what you guys think
1000000178.jpg
1000000176.jpg
1000000177.jpg

Ya that only happened on that 1 case I'm curious though I wonder if they being too hard would cause them to not form correctly?

Makes sense I have been using the burst fire machine but I am about to place an order for an amp

Makes sense I have been using the burst fire machine but I am about to place an order for an amp
If you're annealing with you Burstfire machine correctly, you shouldn't be having any issues like that. Maybe you can explain your process for that?

If you're annealing with you Burstfire machine correctly, you shouldn't be having any issues like that. Maybe you can explain your process for that?
Well now that I'm thinking about it I didn't anneal after I necked the brass down and 1st firing but before the 2nd firing I did anneal and ran out of gas with 20 pieces left so I didn't anneal them and those 20 I had issues on so I think I did work harden them