• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

CDI Precision Gunworks turnaround time?

Heronion

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 22, 2010
Houghton, Michigan
Howdy all. I sent my payment to Mr. Allen at CDI for inletting, 4.4" Savage centrefeed BM, and an AICS 10-round magazine. I shipped my stock early last week, and tracking claims it got to him on Saturday. What has you-all's experience been with Mr. Allen's turnaround time? I'm wondering if I need to plan on breaking out my "back-up" (i.e. shitty) stock as I'm getting an itchy trigger finger. So how long has it taken Mr. Allen for those of you folks that have ordered from him?

Note: my email-only experience with Mr. Allen has been top notch -- he answers emails quickly, and I am one of those massive-emailer-obsessive-about-crap kind of guys.

Thanks,

Brian

Re: CDI Precision Gunworks turnaround time?

usually once it gets to him it is on its way back in less than 5 working days.

Damn, that's pretty good. But a total of two weeks (USPS can suck a big one) without my Savage? Aaaaaaah....

The concensus is he's pretty fast in relation to most people that inlet,which is usually a couple weeks to a month.Check around.I love my CDI and have nothing but good to say.It's worth the short wait.Goodshootin'

~R

He has done three for me and been very good about turn around. Every gun has been out in 4 or 5 days once he gets it. No complaints here.

The two stocks he did for me were about a business week.

I sent him 2 stocks and had them back in 4 days

The shop time was just a couple days for me. Shipping to and from was much more time consuming. I've now run several hundred rounds through the CDI DBM without problems. CDI = good product + good service. Best regards, ELN.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bpnelson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Damn, that's pretty good. But a total of two weeks (USPS can suck a big one) without my Savage? Aaaaaaah.... </div></div>

DUDE.! You definitely have some ADD going on there. Jeff turned my Tikka around like this:
I sent to him Fedex on a Friday. It was in his hands on Tuesday.
On Thursday I got a call from Jeff saying the job was done, the rifle was shipped.
I got it back on Monday via Priority Mail.
All this in December.
All I can say about CDI is great. BTW, getting the AICS mags (longer OAL) really opened up the accuracy potential for the T3 Tactical 223.

Take a chill pill and enjoy your memorial day. Jeff did mine in two days. The shipping took much longer. If you wanted it back faster you should have sent it next day.

You don't seem to understand. I live in the UP of Michigan. There was a nice day yesterday. Like a nice day for shooting. These days are to be savoured. I almost had to break out the tupperware POS factory stock. It was a close call. I barely resisted. If it is nice tomorrow...*shudder*

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bpnelson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">You don't seem to understand. I live in the UP of Michigan.</div></div>

Yooper!

Lets see, sent in a SPR for bottom metal one week and had it back by the end of the next week. So I would say he is freaking fast and turns out excellent work.

Jeff evidently has never heard of the INEXPENSIVE/FAST/GOOD choose 2 theory, because he seems to do all three.

madd0c