• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Chassis for Short Barrel Bolt Gun

FNG1001

Sergeant of the Hide
Minuteman
Sep 5, 2022
USA
Looking for recommendations on a folding chassis (with an enclosed forend) for a 300blk bolt gun. Main use case for this build is a fun gun and to take on short-range hunts this year. I'm considering a carbon fiber barrel on an Impact 737 (or get the NBK). The barrel will be 16.5 inches with a suppressor.

Some options that I have been seriously considering:
  • MDT ESS
  • MDT HNT26
  • Screech Owl
I'm leaning towards something from MDT because their customer service has always been 100% responsive and helpful.

I've been perusing

XLR with their night vision bridge is an option also depending on how enclosed you wanted to get

Reactions: FNG1001
XLR with their night vision bridge is an option also depending on how enclosed you wanted to get
I originally had an XLR Element, and got a spare C6 buttstock when they came out. Never had an Envy Pro to compare, but they are really nice. Not sure i would go the c6 route again. When installing it, there were more exposed threads than i would've liked. Great customer service though. I might have to look into them again.