• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Checking in from North Texas

Tanstaafl

Private
Minuteman
May 4, 2024
North Texas
Howdy Y’all,

I once actually heard a guy call in to a radio talk show and say “Long time caller, first time listener”. Sort of like that, after 15 or so years of intermittent reading and learning I’m happy to say hello.

My background; had a blast as a kid in the Brazos Valley and East Texas, sniping cans, squirrels, rabbits and armadillos with a single shot .22LR. Taught to shoot by family, and refined later by the Texas A&M Corp of Cadets in the early 70’s. First solid 500+ yard rifle was a Remington 700 LTR in .308 with a Leupold Vari X III 4.5-14x Tactical and Harris bipod. I bought it in ’99 after reading Plaster’s ‘Ultimate Sniper’, and applied that knowledge to whitetail and hogs.

More to the point, my retirement gift to myself is a Geissele 20” Stratomatch 6ARC that I will use mainly for paper and steel. My goal here is coming up to speed on consistent first round hits with it out to a 1000. Well, that and the entertainment that is The Hide.

closet.jpg

Reactions: Stevo86
Welcome from the lake Texoma area