• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Cleaning primer pockets

ubet

Private
Minuteman
May 28, 2008
Commifornia no longer
Im reloading 308win on a Dillon 650.
Was wondering, do you guys get anal about cleaning primer pockets? Reloading on a single stage I was anal about it. But does it affect accuracy?

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

I don't fool with it, tumbling with ss pins for 3 hours gets them 99% clean.

I sonic clean my brass & they get nice & clean in the process anyway

I do it. Lyman case prep center, primer pocket cleaner, champfer, debur, neck brush in that order, every firing. Takes about 7 minutes to do all of that to 100 cases so it doesn't seem like a bother. Trick is to swap hands when you flip the case over so that the free hand is always grabbing another piece of brass or putting the finished brass away.

I use the RCBS uniforming tool after every firing. Definitely makes the primer seating depth more uniform... whether it makes any difference at all is another story...

t