• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

CZ 457

I've never heard of these. Is there a pic somewhere on the web?

Cz_457_catalogue.jpg

That was posted on the rimfirecentral thread in the CZ section.

They've been pumping out some pics on Instagram today.

44836729_1863952757050808_8188099751980524873_n.jpg

43913321_372547173490644_4167844454741087070_n.jpg

44535185_736749533360836_1862762770971022494_n.jpg

42833502_338021750333568_6250318175264585944_n.jpg

44905619_341519993291484_5859795246795568743_n.jpg

45482883_2190531781181681_4223808668530220157_n.jpg

Smaller, lighter and sleeker -- here's a first look at the new CZ 457 rimfire platform.

The biggest change is the switch to a push-to-fire safety system, which means the safety is no longer 'backwards' to many in the American market.

But that's not all -- other upgrades are as follows: The action has been shortened and slab-sided to reduce bulk and weight, reduced bolt rotation means increased clearance for large scopes, the trigger is adjustable for creep, poundage and overtravel, the bottom metal is now sculpted and sleek, metalwork is finished in nitride to give it the look of a quality blue with the corrosion resistance of stainless, and the interchangeable barrel system and smooth-running magazine system of the 455 is retained unchanged. Last but definitely not least, the firing pin weight has been significantly reduced, resulting in less disruption at the shot and enabling a tad more accuracy.
Shown here as the new 457 Varmint Precision Trainer, it wears a carbon fiber composite stock from the fine folks at @mannersstocks, a 24" heavy threaded barrel and the CZ Rimfire suppressor (sold separately, of course).

Available out of the gate in 9 variations and three chamberings for 2019, the 457 is a comprehensive evolution of our rimfire rifle. Here's the 457 American, clad in walnut with some embellished checkering and a 24" sporter-profile barrel.

Reactions: acudaowner
Is the triggerguard/bottom metal steel, aluminum, polymer, or "other?"

That VPT looks nice, wish it had an option for an adjustable comb from the factory. They commented on instagram that it will not fit existing 455 stocks/chassis due to the shortened action so might be a bit before aftermarket options are available. Magazines are interchangeable with 452/455 at least though.

Is the triggerguard/bottom metal steel, aluminum, polymer, or "other?"
It looks miles better than the cheap steel stamping of the 452 and 455. So I really don't care what it is made of or how.

I will say that if it is plastic, they did a hell of a nice job cause I can't see a single mold line.

The safety change is a good thing for sure.

I'm not sure that making the action lighter and shorter is really all that desirable for those of us that use rimfires as trainers, though I will admit that it's a plus in a hunting rifle. The bulk of the 455 action is one of the reasons I like it.

Updated trigger and bottom metal should be positives, too.

Let's hope they have their shit together in regards to the barrels. The quality of the handful of 455 barrels I've scoped has ranged from awesome to pretty damned ugly.

Reactions: Bill the Lurker
I am really liking that Royal, especially that tiger stripe looking grain. The MTR reminds me of the GRS stock without the adjust ability, but I like it. That American with the dark walnut is dead nuts sexy right there. I have a 455 varmint with a 16" threaded barrel. Its a shooter in a Boyds At one but I can see maybe getting a Royal or American 457.

Reactions: Rude374
Price will make or break it imho.

Love the new safety, trigger, bolt throw and keeping the 455 barrels. But if they price themselves too high then the point is moot.

One IG guy said $1100 but I don’t know if that was for the manners stocked one or not. Assuming so what does a manners stock like the one above run?

1100 would have to be the Precision Trainer with Manners stock. Street price will be about $1000. I will buy it. The current 455PT is $1000 at my LGS.

1100 would have to be the Precision Trainer with Manners stock. Street price will be about $1000. I will buy it. The current 455PT is $1000 at my LGS.

If it shoots sub moa out of the box and if the trigger is GTG it would be worth it. My 455 shoots but it took a Fedderson barrel, trigger work and headspace adjustment. All that, plus a chassis put me very close to the 1k mark. Plus the Manners will probably be the only stock/chassis available for a long time.

If it shoots sub moa out of the box and if the trigger is GTG it would be worth it. My 455 shoots but it took a Fedderson barrel, trigger work and headspace adjustment. All that, plus a chassis put me very close to the 1k mark. Plus the Manners will probably be the only stock/chassis available for a long time.

I hear you. I have had good luck with CZ. 452, Brno #1, 527, SP01 Shadow. All have been fantastic. With the 455/457, if you get a bad barrel, swPping is easy. Pricey, but easy. As far as the stock, it is the reason I am buying the PT model. I am all in.

I will pay $550 - $650 for a 457 American with above average wood. Fo' sho'.

The American in the pics above looks like a rimfire version of a Sauer 101.

Last edited:
I agree a stock will definitely help sell them. Sure had some nice looking , great shooting 452 American 22's.
The 455 barrel method seems to be working out.
T1X method remains to be seen. I am nervous about receiving the T1X 20" model I have on order.

Went to Lipseys website and looked at the other modes and the trainer is around $450.00 and a lot of the other models are under $550.00, so now this is really going to be hard to decide between this and the Tikka.

I already have a cz455 and 4 barrels for it and 1 aftermarket stock but all the upgrades on the 457 fix my complaints about the 455.

I have a T3 and love it and have a stock the T1 could drop right in.....

It’s a good time to be a rimfire guy

Looks like a winner, i'm a CZ fan 1 CZ 453 varmint 22 lr and 2 CZ 455 varmint, one 22 lr and one 17 hmr, will hold out on buying one for now.

Reactions: shortfuse1
Looks like a winner, i'm a CZ fan 1 CZ 453 varmint 22 lr and 2 CZ 455 varmint, one 22 lr and one 17 hmr, will hold out on buying one for now.

When we talk 90% of the time it's about our CZs so which one of us is gonna buy first

Last edited:
Yes indeedy - it's a good time to be a rimfire guy. Don't know how a guy could ask for better trainers/comp rifles than the V-22, but lugging my 13.5-14lb V-22s to the firing line just highlights the need for a good American-made sporter. I'm liking the V-22 Ranch bbl'd action I put into a Manners EH2 stock, but it's still a fair bit heavier than my old 541-T.

Sad part about it to me is that now that neither Remington nor Winchester make any decent 22RF sporters or target or tactical 22RF rifles, while Tikka, CZ, Sako, and who knows who else - are picking up the slack to meet the demands of US shooters wanting rifles just like the 457. If I hadn't been positioned to take advantage of the M52s & 40Xs that CMP sold back 14-15 yrs ago, I probably wouldn't have been able to afford examples of those rifles you see on funbroker either. Still wishing I'd have hung onto the Browning-marked Japanese-made 52 sporter I had for a few years.

It is good to see a company who listens to its customer base and then delivers. Better safety, better trigger, presumably a better bbl (hammer forged), better finish, nicer stock options, threaded models for suppressor. What is not to like. I was slow to get onto the CZ band wagon but bought a NIB 452 American which I truly like. However, these new 457 models make me want another CZ. But I want a Vudoo also, lol.

Irish

I may pick up one of the threaded models as a sporter .22 since I have a Vudoo Ravage on the way which should cover everything else.

It definitely checks all the right boxes on my rimfire wish list, maybe enough to retire my 455. I'll hold off until a good chassis comes to market, though. It took long enough to get some 455 chassis options so I figure it will be a while.

from the looks of it, the action is 1 inch shorter than the 455 so they will have be all new inlets. glad i didn't buy a chassis for my 455.

i'm interested in the MTR

i was poking around the MPA site the other night and it looks like they are working on one. it lists the lead time as 12-14 weeks. would love to see the krg bravo made in the 457.

I'm over the chassis/uber tactical stock craze. I want a 457 American with the nicest stick of walnut i can find. Stick a Holosun micro dot on the front dovetail and good to go.

It doesn't show in the catalog but theres a Varmint 457 called AT-One ,24 inch barrel that I would like if it has the match chamber of the MTR

It doesn't show in the catalog but theres a Varmint 457 called AT-One ,24 inch barrel that I would like if it has the match chamber of the MTR

I think the AT-one only has a 16 1/2 barrel

Well that does sound interesting. After I just put $200 of bolt polishing and removing material from my stock to free float the barrel lol

Anyone heard if manners is actually going to produce the PRS1 with the 457 inlet? I thought I read somewhere it was a one off for that show rifle.

If you mean this one, I would say that Manners is in the 457 game for sure. The pictured rifle is in the CZ USA 2019 catalog and it is listed as
46501823_10155770708132401_9125103756352946176_n.jpg
a "Manners carbon fiber composite stock" used on the precision trainers.

Dang... that 457 in the Manners stock looks awesome!
I'll be interested to see what the reports on the 457 are after they are out for a while. Really like my CZ455 varmint with SST, but it could use a sibling if the new ones are even better!

I thought I heard that the barrel mount was the same as the 455, can anyone confirm that 100% ? Also wondering if the magazine is the same as the 455.

Reactions: acudaowner
Man, CZ USA can be soooo confusing! In regards to the VPT.. On social media, they say it comes with either a 16.5" or a 24" threaded bbl. In the 2019 CZ USA catalog it says that the bbl options are 16.5" and 20.5" on the page with the pictures of it. When you look at the pricing and spec page, it says 16.5" and 24"! Now, on the CZ USA website, they say that the VPT is offered in 16.5" and 24.875" threaded bbl options, but also a 20.5" non threaded bbl. Oh, I also noticed that the 16.5" version of the VPT is overal longer than both the 24" and 20.5" versions. Says its OAL is 42"!!! Must have one heckuva long LOP!
Apparently, the QC department in marketing needs some help!!!

I, for one, can't wait for some first hand reports to start filtering in on these rifles. JerryP over on RFC has an MPR delivering this afternoon. Jerry knows his stuff and will be giving feedback as soon as he gets it out of the box.. Should be interesting.