• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Dead Air Nomad Ti Severe Failure

reading all This, a-question arose. Suppose a suppressor was damaged, worn, etc and the manufacturer deemed it needed to be replaced. Im assuming you'd need another 200$ stamp to replace it. Would ATF also sit on forms as though it was just a new purchase, or would the replacement be treated as a replacement for original. IOW, process faster?
Depends on what was broken and where... If the serial # can remain in tact, then the mfg can record or cut off old baffles etc and weld new ones on... If the serial # gets jacked or the can can't be repaired then yes new paperwork could be required and if not under warranty a new tax from you

Reactions: Bluedog82
The ATF would not expedite, nor would you have a way to explain the situation given the form 4 process

Reactions: Bluedog82
Glad you finally got taken care of, OP. For those interested in similar cans without all the, ahem, drama, take a look at the Diligent Defense Enticer series. They have an S and an L, with both available in steel or titanium. They’re also HUB threaded AND use the same thread pitch for the end caps. I have one (S Ti) out for review right now, and I’ve been impressed so far.

wow im not buying a dead air now thanks for confirming my recent suspicions
I'm pretty sure they've fixed most of the problems now. They even completely revamped the entire Nomad line and they are now 3D printed to avoid having inconsistent welds and other issues.

Reactions: x0mb13
I'm pretty sure they've fixed most of the problems now. They even completely revamped the entire Nomad line and they are now 3D printed to avoid having inconsistent welds and other issues.

3D printed cans have their own set of problems. Look at what CGS is currently going through. There's also more runout in 3D printed cans.

3D printed cans have their own set of problems. Look at what CGS is currently going through. There's also more runout in 3D printed cans.
I am unaware of what is going on with CGS... I never really had much interest in one of their cans, other than the Hyperion...But my bases are already covered with big .30 cal cans, having the Nomad-LT, Hydrogen-L, and Magnus.

DA outsources the printed cans.

I thought they were making those in-house, or in their new facility that is actually owned by Dead Air in Utah so they can keep stricter quality control. But I also haven't kept up with any of the DA drama in the last year...Been too busy dealing with my own life than to worry about other people's.

I am unaware of what is going on with CGS... I never really had much interest in one of their cans, other than the Hyperion...But my bases are already covered with big .30 cal cans, having the Nomad-LT, Hydrogen-L, and Magnus.

Lots of reports like this one popping up:

I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case, given the investment that would be required to purchase and install manufacturing grade 3d printing equipment that could handle their volume, along with the time and expense in acquiring personnel that are experts in this arena.

The quickest and cheapest (initially) way into this game would be to out-source manufacturing, but we all know how that worked out for them previously.

In house manufacturing of 3D printed suppressors is certainly achievable for a company like DA if they decided to allocate the extensive resources and investment for this project. The question is really a matter of "if" they decided to pursue this new venture in-house. That I'm curious about.

Reactions: FuhQ
I wouldn't be surprised if this was the case, given the investment that would be required to purchase and install manufacturing grade 3d printing equipment that could handle their volume, along with the time and expense in acquiring personnel that are experts in this arena.

The quickest and cheapest (initially) way into this game would be to out-source manufacturing, but we all know how that worked out for them previously.

In house manufacturing of 3D printed suppressors is certainly achievable for a company like DA if they decided to allocate the extensive resources and investment for this project. The question is really a matter of "if" they decided to pursue this new venture in-house. That I'm curious about.

As I understand it, there's only one additive silencer sub.

Reactions: kthomas