• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Desert Tech still in business?

Twinsen

Private
Minuteman
Jan 23, 2013
AZ
Anybody hear anything from these guys? Should I be concerned about my order?

I don't think they've gone out of business. They just sent out a mass email about a recall a couple days ago. They seem to be doing alright, though

Reactions: Twinsen
That being said, if you ordered something, a follow on headache wouldn't surprise me. Have not had the best of interactions with them.

For reference, I'm not just a hater. I've got their guns. Just a heads up

Reactions: 232593
Ordered a new MDRx 2 weeks ago, picked it up Monday.
All is well on their end. Production shortage for sure, just like every other industry on the planet right now.

Ok, so they are still shipping stuff. Good to hear. I think I'm at 9 weeks.

They ended up finally reaching out to me about my order, by sending a letter saying they were going to pursue legal action against me for taking money from them. Not being a bank and instead being a customer without the ability to remove money from somebody's accounts, I reached out again to ask them why they wanted to sue me. They never responded. It's been over a year and I haven't heard anything from them.

I ended up getting an HTI from Eurooptic. I'm very disappointed in the quality. For $7,700 I'd have hoped for a good trigger, the rail to be on straight, and the bipod picatinny to be in spec. Too much to hope for.

Well, I hope they figure out their phone system and email, which must both be down for over a year now. And that they develop a quality control department so they stop sending people shit quality guns for $7,700. I should have known they were a total joke of a company when I saw all the hype they get online.

Reactions: 232593 and brado16
Yeah sounds the Desert Tech that I know. That being said the old A1 were peak DTA, after that the QA went down the drain and it looks like they have a high employee turnover which is due to nepotism.
I hate the company with a perfect hatred but I’ll never sell my old Gen 2 covert, but I’ll never give that company another dollar.

Last edited:
Reactions: 232593 and Bradu