• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Digital dispensers

Jonathan Swift

Egg salad is still chicken salad
Minuteman
Dec 31, 2020
Appalachia
So I'm thinking of getting a digital dispenser, I am a man of simple means(poor) right now I drop charges and trickle up on an oldschool 505, I was thinking charmaster lite or intelidropper. What have been your recent experiences? What has lasted, what is garbage. I mainly want it for stick powders, anything ball powder drops so well it's not worth fooling with once it's set, yes I know it's not a $2000 lab scale that will measure a three times split c**t hair, anything within a tenth and I'm happy, I'm usually hovering on a fat node anyway, what say you?

I would go cm lite over the intellidropper. I had a intellidropper and it was terrible about drifting all over the place. It also was bad about overthrowing.

Reactions: Jonathan Swift
I would go cm lite over the intellidropper. I had a intellidropper and it was terrible about drifting all over the place. It also was bad about overthrowing.
Not much in this world more irritating than a digital scale that can't make its mind up

I got the Chargemaster 1500 Combo from Midsouth about two weeks ago (on sale before Christmas for $295), and irrespective of the "iffy" reviews in a couple of places, it's AWESOME. Unmodified and with stock settings, I haven't had it dispense so much as a tenth of a grain high or low yet. It's been spot-on for a couple hundred charge weights thus far. I love it !!!

I ran the Hornandy for quite a while, it has a learning curve but works well once you learn it’s quirks.

The RCBS units are certainly better.
The V3 is the Cadillac.

100% behind the CM Lite, mine's been running like a champ for a couple of years now.

The key advantage is the glass touchscreen. My verschlugginer other one had a membrane switch control panel and that went South in under two years.

Maybe half of the days during this pandemic, I've been turning out between 50rd and 150rd of various chamberings, 223, 6.5G, 260, 308, and soon 9mm and 44 Rem mag.

I call it my "Day Job".

Greg

You can get an Intellidroper for about $180 right now or a CM Lite for $240. For the current rates either are a good choice in terms of cost. The RCBS I found to be easier to understand how to use initially.

You can get an Intellidroper for about $180 right now or a CM Lite for $240. For the current rates either are a good choice in terms of cost. The RCBS I found to be easier to understand how to use initially.
CM is on sale at least once a month from RCBS direct for $200 shipped.
Stack a military discount and it's cheaper yet.

Reactions: GenericBadGuy
CM is on sale at least once a month from RCBS direct for $200 shipped.
Stack a military discount and it's cheaper yet.
How much does the MatchMaster end up being? I dont qualify for the military discount but I'd be curious to know.