• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Does Anyone On SH Own and Shoot A Tikka CTR With The Original Stock On The Gun?

Turkeytider

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 23, 2022
Georgia
If anyone does ( and I`m beginning to think you`re in an extreme minority! ), I can PM you with a message. Particularly interested in finding someone who has found that they need a cheek riser in addition to the one that comes on the original stock. Thanks.

I used to shoot a 20” CTR in the factory stock for NRA silhouette hi power for a couple years. Used a Karsten style cheek riser for a decent cheek weld.

Gave upon it as a it’s typical tikka, great accuracy but slow, and I rang about 20-25% of my ram hits in 6.5cm with 140-147 ELDM’s, no score as the target still stood. Wound up switching to a different brand 24” barreled rifle and haven’t had that problem as I picked up a couple hundred fps.

I used to shoot a 20” CTR in the factory stock for NRA silhouette hi power for a couple years. Used a Karsten style cheek riser for a decent cheek weld.

Gave upon it as a it’s typical tikka, great accuracy but slow, and I rang about 20-25% of my ram hits in 6.5cm with 140-147 ELDM’s, no score as the target still stood. Wound up switching to a different brand 24” barreled rifle and haven’t had that problem as I picked up a couple hundred fps.
PM sent

I think I replied to a previous thread of yours, maybe, but I do have a Tikka CTR I shot for about 6 months or so prior to swapping the chassis. Hated the foundation.

I didn't want to drill into my stock, and I couldn't find anything else that I liked, so I eventually added one of those Beartooth cheek risers. It got the job done, but it wasn't the greatest, and I eventually just went with a different chassis altogether. Now I love it.

IMG_5064.jpeg

I think I replied to a previous thread of yours, maybe, but I do have a Tikka CTR I shot for about 6 months or so prior to swapping the chassis. Hated the foundation.

I didn't want to drill into my stock, and I couldn't find anything else that I liked, so I eventually added one of those Beartooth cheek risers. It got the job done, but it wasn't the greatest, and I eventually just went with a different chassis altogether. Now I love it.

View attachment 8419781
Yep, you sure did reply to an earlier post and thanks for replying to this one, too. Just me, but I`m personally not of a mind to plunk down hundreds of dollars ( or a thousand ) for a gun with an unusable factory stock. We shall see! Oh, and Semper Fi !

I'm setting up a CTR with factory, non-adjustable stock now. I'll definitely need additional comb to get a solid cheek position; I've got a giraffe neck 😭

I gave a lot of thought to Triad Tactical stock packs, making my own out of foam or whatever else, but ultimately decided if I was going to truly fit it to me, I'd need something adjustable and didn't like the look/idea of taping a bunch of material to the stock.

Ended up deciding on an adjustable riser from Matthew's Fabrication. It does require drilling 2x 1/4" (IIRC) holes to mount.

The original comb has a plug in the middle, remove that and there is a screw that attaches the comb to the stock.

I didn't want to drill my stock initially either, but, it's not like it's gorgeous wood, or hard to find, and I finally figured, if you really want to fit the gun to you, and not you to the gun, it's the most expedient and "correct way".

I'm a noob on precision rifle, so apply your chosen level of skepticism to the above.

I'm setting up a CTR with factory, non-adjustable stock now. I'll definitely need additional comb to get a solid cheek position; I've got a giraffe neck 😭

I gave a lot of thought to Triad Tactical stock packs, making my own out of foam or whatever else, but ultimately decided if I was going to truly fit it to me, I'd need something adjustable and didn't like the look/idea of taping a bunch of material to the stock.

Ended up deciding on an adjustable riser from Matthew's Fabrication. It does require drilling 2x 1/4" (IIRC) holes to mount.

The original comb has a plug in the middle, remove that and there is a screw that attaches the comb to the stock.

I didn't want to drill my stock initially either, but, it's not like it's gorgeous wood, or hard to find, and I finally figured, if you really want to fit the gun to you, and not you to the gun, it's the most expedient and "correct way".

I'm a noob on precision rifle, so apply your chosen level of skepticism to the above.
Thanks much. If I understand correctly, the factory comb riser is removable?

If you mount the scope low you most likely won’t need to do anything with the stock. I didn’t.

As far as Tikkas having slow barrels, this is true all things being equal. It’s a non issue for most practical purposes, but for a hand loader it is a non issue altogether.

Reactions: Charlie112
I used to have the factory stock on mine. Yes, I also had to use an additional riser on it. I used the Triad Tactical one before I switched to a chassis.