• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes EO Immersive series 5 x 30

JulianD

Private
Minuteman
Apr 21, 2022
Ransomville
Has anyone reviewed or tried out the Element Optics Immersive 5 x 30? I am doing research on either a prism or LPVO fir a 16" 556 ADM that I would like to use clip on thermal with it

@koshkin did a review on them recently. His comments are mostly positive. I don’t recall him addressing the question of using it with COTI.

Thanks Ilya! How durable is it? Like ACOG durable ?
Noone knows. Mechanically, it is holding up very well. I managed to get one filled with water after sand and mud ripped through the seals on the eyepiece during a class, but then a bunch more have been tested for water immersion with no ill effects. Beyond that, I have not seen any issues and I do not think Element has had any returned or needing service so far (other than the one I abused).

However, there are millions of ACOGs out there and a few hundred of these. It will be a while before we have a track record that you can even remotely compare. So far, I am the only one who managed to break one, which speaks well of the design. I was not kind to that scope.

With ACOGs, I have seen crates of broken ones, but given how many are out there, it is as reliable as any optical weaponsight we've made.

ILya

What a cool optic!

With the included mount, can you place the picatinny section at 45 degrees or is it fixed at 90 degrees?

Can this be mounted in any 34mm ring?

What a cool optic!

With the included mount, can you place the picatinny section at 45 degrees or is it fixed at 90 degrees?

Can this be mounted in any 34mm ring?
These can be mounted in any 34mm rings. I have one sitting in two normal 34mm rings on a 10/22 since that puts the scope a little lower. Both rings are in front of the turret.

The mount is set up so that you can put short rail sections at several different positions. I do not recall offhand if 45 degree is supported, but there is something like 11 o'clock, 12 o'clock and 1 o'clock positions in addition to the 3 and 9 o'clock.

ILya

Reactions: Tictacticaltimmy
I am just curious what Element does to an already decent Immersive Optics Prism to justify double the cost. I have the 5x24 from Immersive and use it on an air rifle since the parallax focuses really short distance. The eye relief on mine is super short and can cause fogging issues in colder temps. The field of view is huge and great for squirrel hunting. I skip the cheapy mount that comes with it and just use a quality 30mm scope ring to mount.

I am just curious what Element does to an already decent Immersive Optics Prism to justify double the cost. I have the 5x24 from Immersive and use it on an air rifle since the parallax focuses really short distance. The eye relief on mine is super short and can cause fogging issues in colder temps. The field of view is huge and great for squirrel hunting. I skip the cheapy mount that comes with it and just use a quality 30mm scope ring to mount.
The new 5x30 is a completely different design from the short eye relief 5x24.

ILya

Immersive also has a 5x30 pro with longer eye relief for $390. What does the Element offer besides uncapped turrets and a different reticle for $200 more?

Reactions: JulianD