• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Factory Tikka offerings in 6.5 PRC

gamewarden

Minuteman
Mar 19, 2012
MN
Hoping these are able to get across the pond soon! These seem like a great hunting option...especially when paired with one of the new Manners Tikka stock.

6.5 PRC available in Alpine and the Rough tech lite too.
Screenshot_20210417-181457_Chrome.jpg

Reactions: rusell7
2021 catalog has all the models they offer so far in 6.5 PRC including the "Standard T3x Lite" and the Varmint models.
They are already showing up in the U.S.

Reactions: gamewarden
I prefer the oversized bolt handle, fluted bolt, and threaded barrel options. Cerakote is nice too.

Darn good hunting rifle but if you want to build something for competition I recommend a custom rig. Just my humble opinion

Great option for the PRC, especially if they have the longer bolt stop and magazines in. My friend's Superlite in 6.5 creedmoor shoots very well bone stock.

Reactions: gamewarden
Great option for the PRC, especially if they have the longer bolt stop and magazines in. My friend's Superlite in 6.5 creedmoor shoots very well bone stock.
They are using a proprietary mag extended down like the 5 rounders and using a spacer block to limit the length.
No info on the bolt stop.
If you reload and want to stretch the coal's you might be buying some Mag length magazines.
I've been using them for 2 years now no probs.
165251486_2854318164896432_3684195613683429099_n.jpg
164839917_2854318051563110_1144113114881508527_n.jpg

300 WM magazine with 6.5PRC
IMG_0391a.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: nrspence
How long is the internal on the oem prc mag? They're quite silly to limit it to 2.95 or so.
I saved those pics of the PRC mag from another group and they didn't post one with a factory round loaded.
He said he measured the internal and got 3.05

That's longer than every 65prc accept a seekins havak ph1/2 or Christensen bdl setup. At least Tikka did that right. Now they just need start doing 24.3" 243 and 6creed with 8 or 7.5tw barrels.
That's what Proof is for! Granted a bit of a PITA to make it happen...

Anyone know when the plain jane lite model will come out. I don’t care pay extra for a paint job and the same stock that will be replaced right away.

Has fluted bolt and barrel, threaded barrel and oversized bolt handle too...just sayin'

Has fluted bolt and barrel, threaded barrel and oversized bolt handle too...just sayin'
That is true. The threaded barrel would be nice. I have the plastic oversized handle off my ctr not much of selling point. The fluted barrel is also a nice touch. I guess you have me convinced just to buy one. Lol thanks!

I have the Tikka T3x Lite Veil Wideland in 6.5 PRC 24 and it shoots sub moa out of the box With the Hornady 143 ELDX. I have not tired any other loads yet.

Reactions: nrspence