• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Feed Back on Bitterroot Brass ?

Here's how the deal went.
I went to their website and put an order in the "cart".
Sent two messages to them saying I would be paying with cash and needed a time and location to pick up my order. They are 15 miles from me.
They email replied and wanted all of my "information". I mulled it over and let them know I did not want my information spread around. I replied and told them it was just going to be a cash and carry sale. They blew it off.

I don't know these people. I have enough of my info floating around in the Cloud. So much for supporting a local business.
I tried.

Reactions: Gwak2006
I don't blame them . Why would you think they would change their policy just because you are local ?

Last edited:
Reactions: REDBEARD1976
FFS. Nothing like some misplaced paranoia. No wonder they don’t want to bother with you. How was the rest of the deal supposed to go? You were going to wait at a bench at the city park, carrying a briefcase of untraceable 100 dollar bills. The contact will use the pass phrase “the albatross is on the nest” to identify himself. Once identified, you will switch briefcases and confirm with “the alligator has laid an egg”.

Maybe start with a phone call next time.

I don't know these people. And they don’t know you. I have enough of my info floating around in the Cloud. So another transaction is going to matter? So much for supporting a local business.
I tried. Not very hard. but thanks for the OPSEC virtue signal.

Sent two messages to them saying I would be paying with cash and needed a time and location to pick up my order. They are 15 miles from me.
They email replied and wanted all of my "information". I mulled it over and let them know I did not want my information spread around. I replied and told them it was just going to be a cash and carry sale. They blew it off.

I don't know these people. I have enough of my info floating around in the Cloud. So much for supporting a local business.
I tried.
Call and make an appointment.

Go to the website, scroll down to the bottom where it says "brick & mortar - by appointment only" and their hours.

IMG_8435.jpeg

They say they support local business. They have a section listed "Brick and Mortar, by appointment only". They have a phone number listed. How are you fucking this up so badly?

They say they support local business. They have a section listed "Brick and Mortar, by appointment only". They have a phone number listed. How are you fucking this up so badly?
If I have to explain, you would not understand.
I deal with merchants that appreciate a cash buyer.
They save on credit card fees, shipping, etc.
Those merchants taking your credit card info are selling your info to off set the 1.5% - 3.5% credit card fees.
Obviously there are many people who are running on credit these days. Eliminating that middle man is a win / win transaction.
What I buy, when I buy and what I do with my purchase after it is paid for is my business.
Just how I roll.

Those merchants taking your credit card info are selling your info to off set the 1.5% - 3.5% credit card fees.
Obviously there are many people who are running on credit these days. Eliminating that middle man is a win / win transaction.
What I buy, when I buy and what I do with my purchase after it is paid for is my business.
Just how I roll.
Follow these steps:

1. Call to set up appointment & confirm items to be purchased.
2. On the day of agreed upon appointment, drive the 15 miles & arrive at the agreed upon time.
3. Buy the items

(If they beat you with rubber hoses and finger your butt hole, do let us know. So we can just order online)

I tried.
@Hobo Hilton: This is Steve, the owner of Bitterroot Brass. As a small company, we take negative feedback seriously. I was surprised by your comments that we did not want a local pickup without first having all of your information, so I checked our email and found the thread. When you emailed on the 23rd, we responded asking for your phone number so that we could set up a time for pickup. You responded "sorry, no phone." Without a name or number being given for a local pickup, it is difficult to verify if this was a valid request.

When someone asks for a local pickup we need a name and phone number to put on the order sheet that goes with the brass so we know who it is for and can contact them if needed. We have local folks coming in about twice a week and are always willing to make a cash deal with our neighbors.

Since you brought this up in your comments even though we never asked for any additional information from you outside of name & phone number, for anyone else reading this review-

Please be assured, we love cash. Our website accepts credit cards for customers all across the country to make doing business with us as easy and efficient as possible. We do not charge card fees on our site. We do not sell anyone's information- EVER. We are just as strict about our own personal information and security and would never compromise a customer.

Hobo Hilton- Sorry we could not get you fixed up with the .300 Win Mag. Our brass is excellent, and our customer service is even better.

I don't blame them . Why would you think they would change their policy just because you are local ?
All we asked for was a phone number to setup a time to pickup, and he refused so we thought it was a scam, as it's pretty odd not to give your name and phone number for a local pickup.

Reactions: Baron23
Follow these steps:

2. On the day of agreed upon appointment, drive the 15 miles & arrive at the agreed upon time.
3. Buy the items

(If they beat you with rubber hoses and finger your butt hole, do let us know. So we can just order online)
All we asked for was a phone number to setup a time to pickup, and he refused so we thought it was a scam, as it's pretty odd not to give your name and phone number for a local pickup.

Reactions: Baron23
Follow these steps:

3. Buy the items

Maybe you should have just asked for his name & phone number...:LOL:

Good on you for responding. That was some wackodoodle shit by hobo.

Steve bitterrootbrass
It always starts with a phone number. Yesterday at an Albertson's store in the Bitterroot Valley the credit card reader asked me 5 questions before it would allow me to simply pay for my purchase. At the in store pharmacy, there are even more questions as well as a signature on the card reader. We are in a society of "information gather's". They profit on our information.
I told you I would deal in cash. You were protecting your interest when you assumed I was running a scam. Now, I ask, since you are new in the valley, how was I to know you were not running a scam. There are guy's right here, almost daily, explaining they were scammed. Why ? Because they did not do a face to face, cash transaction. I deal frequently with local, online sellers. I tell them "All I need is a time and location"... When they send me a 5 paragraph reply chocked full of questions, I move on. Just how I roll. FYI, the guy's that replied to your comment are the shit stirrer's of this group. I have them on ignore.

Hobo

Steve bitterrootbrass
It always starts with a phone number. Yesterday at an Albertson's store in the Bitterroot Valley the credit card reader asked me 5 questions before it would allow me to simply pay for my purchase. At the in store pharmacy, there are even more questions as well as a signature on the card reader. We are in a society of "information gather's". They profit on our information.
I told you I would deal in cash. You were protecting your interest when you assumed I was running a scam. Now, I ask, since you are new in the valley, how was I to know you were not running a scam. There are guy's right here, almost daily, explaining they were scammed. Why ? Because they did not do a face to face, cash transaction. I deal frequently with local, online sellers. I tell them "All I need is a time and location"... When they send me a 5 paragraph reply chocked full of questions, I move on. Just how I roll. FYI, the guy's that replied to your comment are the shit stirrer's of this group. I have them on ignore.

Hobo
We have been in business for 9 years and not new to the valley. We do business with all of the big ammunition manufacturers in the valley and have plenty of references for anyone that would like them.

You came on here and trashed me and my business because you are paranoid about someone having your phone number? It was in no way shape or form unreasonable for a local meet up. Then you claim that my business is selling credit card information, or anyone that accepts credit cards is selling customers credit card information, sir that's slander.

I am more than happy to post the email, We simply asked you to send us a phone number so we could make a time tp meet up. There was no 5 paragraph full of questions. This is simply not true. Sir, I don't know what your deal is but you are saying things about me and my business that are not true in any way shape or form. But let me know I will be happy to post the email with my responses and your responses so we can nip these lies in the bud.

We have been in business for 9 years and not new to the valley. We do business with all of the big ammunition manufacturers in the valley and have plenty of references for anyone that would like them.

You came on here and trashed me and my business because you are paranoid about someone having your phone number? It was in no way shape or form unreasonable for a local meet up. Then you claim that my business is selling credit card information, or anyone that accepts credit cards is selling customers credit card information, sir that's slander.

I am more than happy to post the email, We simply asked you to send us a phone number so we could make a time tp meet up. There was no 5 paragraph full of questions. This is simply not true. Sir, I don't know what your deal is but you are saying things about me and my business that are not true in any way shape or form. But let me know I will be happy to post the email with my responses and your responses so we can nip these lies in the bud.
Post them up . Hopefully you will get him banned for that crap he started .

Steve bitterrootbrass

Hobo
FFS

crazy-old-man.gif

I tried.
Just how I roll.
How you roll ? I see it as chicken shit slander . A real man would apologize, admit he fucked up and delete the thread .

I encourage you to post our communication.

He feels the way he feel like everyone else. ITs his choice under what conditions he wants to do business. Assuming the intended purpose was to put bitterrootbrass in a bad light, it didn't go well. I am gonna pop over there real quick and see what they have.

The best part about this was that I was sent a great review that a customer posted and I scrolled down and found this thread. The strangest dam thing. I have never had to deal with anything like this. We are just trying to make enough money to take the wife out to dinner and then Paranoid Pete comes rolling in and trashing my name and business.

Tell ya one thing I have never met anyone local that acts like this. This is the last thing I want to have to spend my time defending myself from local paranoid pete but I guess this is the world we live in these days.

I certainly didn't come on here to promote my business as this is not the correct place for that, but I am going to leave a link to my Gunbroker feedback. We have never had a bad review and we are one of the good guys. This whole thread is insanity. To the guys that defended us we appreciate you. Thank you for fighting back again the weirdo paranoid petes of the world.
Thanks Everyone. Steve

The best part about this was that I was sent a great review that a customer posted and I scrolled down and found this thread. The strangest dam thing. I have never had to deal with anything like this. We are just trying to make enough money to take the wife out to dinner and then Paranoid Pete comes rolling in and trashing my name and business.

Tell ya one thing I have never met anyone local that acts like this. This is the last thing I want to have to spend my time defending myself from local paranoid pete but I guess this is the world we live in these days.

I certainly didn't come on here to promote my business as this is not the correct place for that, but I am going to leave a link to my Gunbroker feedback. We have never had a bad review and we are one of the good guys. This whole thread is insanity. To the guys that defended us we appreciate you. Thank you for fighting back again the weirdo paranoid petes of the world.
Thanks Everyone. Steve

Good for you , piss on that guy . It is a shame the mods allow this shit . It is clear the OP had no ground to stand on , yet he is not man enough to admit it .

Time / Place / Cash.... It's just business.
Email address was not enough info.
And Steve labels me as a paranoia scammer.

Hobo
No phone ? Maybe he should label you as a liar also .

Let's not delve into what happened here on SH, but focusing purely on the interaction here in the photo, why couldn't you just tell Hobo a time to meet in the emails? He didn't ask you to abide by his schedule, he asked you for your convenient time. How can you get scammed in this arrangement? Worst case is a no-show, but that can happen via phone contact or email.

Reactions: Hobo Hilton
Let's not delve into what happened here on SH, but focusing purely on the interaction here in the photo, why couldn't you just tell Hobo a time to meet in the emails? He didn't ask you to abide by his schedule, he asked you for your convenient time. How can you get scammed in this arrangement? Worst case is a no-show, but that can happen via phone contact or email.
Interesting way you're trying to turn it around and blame Bitterroot for the problem. Clearly asking for Hobo's phone # was a breach of something. It's no wonder the whole Damn country is going to Hell.

Interesting way you're trying to turn it around and blame Bitterroot for the problem. Clearly asking for Hobo's phone # was a breach of something. It's no wonder the whole Damn country is going to Hell.
You are just plain wrong jumping to conclusions on some emotional imbalance. Read it and also comprehend. "Let's not delve into what happened here on SH, but focusing purely on the interaction here in the photo..."

A logical question posed to Bitterroots. I also see you are not Bitterroots and he is the poster to whom I posed the question.

We do not have a retail store, we do allow local pickup but on our terms. We do not live in the city, it is 20 miles round trip for us just to go to a grocery store and school, and I am supposed to take a chance on this guy showing up or not based on an email for a $50.00 order?

That is absolutely ridiculous. Spend $15.00 on gas on trying to contact this guy in super market parking lot and not be able to contact him when we get there? Nope that is 100% pushing the customer is always right scenario to far and beyond basic expectations of a small business. This guy is completely unreasonable, he didn't get his way and trashed me and my business for no other reason than not getting his way. We were not rude and were polite.

Reactions: Capt45
We do not have a retail store, we do allow local pickup but on our terms. We do not live in the city, it is 20 miles round trip for us just to go to a grocery store and school, and I am supposed to take a chance on this guy showing up or not based on an email for a $50.00 order?

That is absolutely ridiculous. Spend $15.00 on gas on trying to contact this guy in super market parking lot and not be able to contact him when we get there? Nope that is 100% pushing the customer is always right scenario to far and beyond basic expectations of a small business. This guy is completely unreasonable, he didn't get his way and trashed me and my business for no other reason than not getting his way. We were not rude and were polite.
Please help me understand your business structure. I got the impression from your website "Brick & Mortar" "By appointment only" a customer wishing to buy locally would drive to your brick & mortar place of business and do the cash for brass deal. I neither understand the super market parking lot scenario, nor the need for such arrangements off location. Unless you are a home based business? Then I would see the desire to meet off location, but speaking from experience, someone can still no-show with a phone number. They just don't answer or make some stupid excuse and waste the seller's time regardless. FB marketplace I am describing here.

Reactions: Hobo Hilton
Please help me understand your business structure. I got the impression from your website "Brick & Mortar" "By appointment only" a customer wishing to buy locally would drive to your brick & mortar place of business and do the cash for brass deal. I neither understand the super market parking lot scenario, nor the need for such arrangements off location. Unless you are a home based business? Then I would see the desire to meet off location, but speaking from experience, someone can still no-show with a phone number. They just don't answer or make some stupid excuse and waste the seller's time regardless. FB marketplace I am describing here.
Just stop already.

@bitterrootbrass Please do not reply to the trolls . They will never quit if you do . You dd just fine exposing the liar . Bravo !

Nothing burger

I would have never responded to single person like this, get worked up for nothing.

This was comical from the start, he said no phone, you said ok, both walked away. A question came up on the internet which is nothing but grievance central and the overreaction to a worthless comment started. Anyone who traveled the internet for more than 5 minutes knows to ignore that type of feedback. Its a dumb Yelp Opinion and not Slander

The OP also thinks metal absorbs water. So......

Also, FWIW, I know very, very few businesses in this industry that sell contact info to offset CC fees. Most either add the 3% to a CC transaction or they already have their entire pricing structure set up with that 3% taken into account just like any other fixed or semi-fixed business cost.

Last edited:
Reactions: Capt45
Nothing burger

I would have never responded to single person like this, get worked up for nothing.

This was comical from the start, he said no phone, you said ok, both walked away. A question came up on the internet which is nothing but grievance central and the overreaction to a worthless comment started. Anyone who traveled the internet for more than 5 minutes knows to ignore that type of feedback. Its a dumb Yelp Opinion and not Slander
I agree I probably should have ignored it, but once he claimed that I was selling credit card information it became slander. I am walking away at this point. I never should have taken the bait . You are correct. Have a great weekend everyone.