• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Finland merino wool

Quest1000

Private
Minuteman
Sep 16, 2017
What’s the company Frank is always talking about? Verslika haha

I would like to maybe get a hoodie. Anyone try their products?

I’ve been to the shop, they’re a decent outfit. Their products are fairly priced, it’s not exactly high end stuff but the quality of their own products is generally good.

Reactions: Quest1000
Yes Varusteleka. Varuste = gear/equipment, leka = sledge hammer (or 0.7L bottle of booze). All Särmä brand stuff are their own design usually manufactured in Estonia. Not the sexiest new tech but more emphasis on durability.

Thanks for the info guys! I’ll still give em a try. I liked some of the gloves and maybe a shirt.

Meh...not to rain on anyone's parade. The stuff is OK but it isn't Filson by any stretch.

I bought a bunch when I used to travel to Finland.

Good value but not Filson in terms of warmth, comfort and durability

I snagged a hoodie, like it so far, pretty comfy, not an overly tight fit but not baggy at all, was shooting pretty comfortably in 60F weather this week gonna try 40F next week

I live in Finland and have quite many of their products.

I really like their wool stuff, especially the merino t shirt and hoodie.

I could also recommend the wool balaclava. I wear it as a cap as it fits very well under the ear protection but it is also good with blizzards and when sleeping in cold weather.

I’m in -20 right now. If someone wanted to send me one I’ll try it out for ya. I just got back to work and will be buying some once I get caught up on bills.

@LawnMM - maybe give Voormi a try if you get a chance. Made here in CO in Pagosa Springs and good stuff. Many of their designs have a bit of a nylon "face" with a DWR coating so they are good in a variety of conditions. I have a hoodie and a basic sweater style. I like both a lot. Not really cut to CCW under which is a bummer.
They fit great, very warm, and have been very durable. Hoodie has 2 years on it and gets worn constantly.

The items I have were gifts.
Momma says I look good in Voormi..... ?

I would buy one though, knowing the quality.

wool is expensive. Rather buy US made for a bit more than Smartwool from China for 80% of the price.
I do plan to order a couple Tshirts from the Fins though. Prices on those are great!

I have 3 right now, and one I am beating the piss out of, and it shows zero signs of wear.

I grabbed the special edition Drift in Midnight for my after XMAS present to myself.

The River Run Hoodies are awesome too, love those

I hadn't heard of Voormi before. Looks like really nice gear. Will have to check them out further. I like that Special Edition jacket you got for yourself @lowlight.

Anyone have experience with Lester river bushcraft wool clothing? They are local to me An I actually purchased a couple pistols from one of the guys and got to see their operation. It was small then but the clothing looks to be of quality materials.

Last edited: