• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

First Groups/First Chrono recordings 6.5G

Dakota Murphy

Private
Minuteman
Apr 12, 2024
Arkansas
IMG_2451.jpeg
IMG_2456.jpeg
IMG_2455.jpeg
IMG_2452.jpeg
Built this gun a year ago but never got around to getting a decent scope so never shot but a few times with a crappy scope I had at the time. Finally picked up a Athlon Ares ETR I got on a good deal and Garmin. This is my first time really shooting precision type shooting and recording data. Also this is the first shots with this scope. Here’s some results. It seemed to shoot better the warmer the barrel got and I only recorded a couple of the groups I did. The AA group was definetly the one that felt most comfortable obviously cause it was the best. The horn black I think/know I pulled a couple of the shots bad. I know most people judge off of 10 shot groups I just did 5 shot groups today getting a feel for everything at 100yds. Shot with bipod and rear bag off a table. Should I feel pleased with these results? Any thoughts or comments? This is all new to me so any knowledge would be great.
IMG_2457.jpeg

Last edited:
Your rifle looks to be doing well.

20" Grendels are a pleasure to shoot (not that other lengths aren't). I get decent velocity without having to dance near pressure signs, and the rifles just swing so naturally when hog hunting off of shooting sticks. I liked my first so much, I built a second.

I went with Wilson Combat barrels... Definitely not premium either, but they shoot sub-minute consistently with target loads, and not much over that with just about every hunting bullet I've put through them.

Reactions: Dakota Murphy
I got 2 more matching receiver sets to that one. I plan on building a six arc twin to that one. I almost bought a Wilson barrel I think got a good deal on the Odin is why I dint. Also need to eventually get a dedicated suppressor for it. I went with the A5 buffer systems seems really nice and the Geissele high speed match trigger in it is the best I’ve ever felt in a Ar platform.