• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

FN49 question

how do you mean? I used to own a FN49 in each caliber they manufactured, production wise, one of the finest machined rifles ever produced IMO. Only problem I ever had was a Luxembourg contract rifle in 3006 that would occasionally pierce a primer and hang the firing pin up causing it to protrude and thus doing a uncontrolled full or partial mag dump. Lot of fun when you a teenager and oblivious to the possible dangers of a out of battery detonation lol

Reactions: ZG47A
No op rod to bend on the 49 and the gas system has adjustment, so I would tend to say no. Depends on what you mean by "sensitive".

No op rod to bend on the 49 and the gas system has adjustment, so I would tend to say no. Depends on what you mean by "sensitive".
Just the op rod thing. I'm thinking about considering one in my search for a scoped .30-06 military rifle and one of my requirements is the ability to use off the shelf hunting ammunition.

I don't think the Luxembourg .30-06 rifles are all that common and likely even less common to find a scoped one. Certainly falls into the collector category these days.

I don't think the Luxembourg .30-06 rifles are all that common and likely even less common to find a scoped one. Certainly falls into the collector category these days.
I know but I might throw out some hail Mary bids. It's not like scoped Springfields are selling for reasonable prices right now.

Reactions: ZG47A
There is an original Lux sniper in the DFW area floating around at the gunshows on occasion, 100% all original, scope, mount and all, 15K! The beauty with the SAFN and its adjustable gas system is that they will eat anything you feed them. so no worries using hunting ammo.

Reactions: Mister Ridge
I posted this because I saw one listed in an upcoming auction but, after reading the terms and fees from the auction company, I don't think I'm going to bother registering to throw out a bid. I'll still keep an eye out for one. Maybe I'll find one that someone "ruined" by building a non-original sniper model.

Reactions: pfl338
I posted this because I saw one listed in an upcoming auction but, after reading the terms and fees from the auction company, I don't think I'm going to bother registering to throw out a bid. I'll still keep an eye out for one. Maybe I'll find one that someone "ruined" by building a non-original sniper model.

Link to the auction in case I want to do something rash?

I'd agree here. Mine was an 8mm and would fire Turk (hot!) all the way down to American (whimpy) 8mm. Definitely one of those rifles I wish I hadn't sold.

Reactions: Hetzer