• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Suppressors Form 1 question

Bonjourjr

SFC
Minuteman
Dec 30, 2011
Kansas City, MO
I know, I know. not another form 1 question. Well I used the search and didn't come up with any results that answer my question.

This is my first form 1 I have submitted. I Put my name and address in block 3b.
Block 3b:
BLAH BLAH
<span style="color: #FF0000">Raytown</span>, MO

I know that block 4h can be used if you want to put your engraving information on the form 1. There will probably be responses that say "well I just leave that block blank...blah blah blah". My dealer said i had to fill it out if I was using a trust (this submission is as an individual) but I must have spaced out when filling out my form because I put
Block 4h:
BLAH BLAH
<span style="color: #CC0000">Kansas City</span>, MO

Raytown (suburb of KC) and Kansas City both share the same zip code and sometimes I receive my letters and packages that have my street address the same but Kansas City, MO as the city and state. I am originally from Kansas City and would prefer to have it engraved Kansas City instead of Raytown

So my question is. What do I engrave my lower with? The info from block 3b or 4h. I just got my stamp today and plan on taking it to my smith to get engraved any day now (he is also my class 3 dealer sometimes).

Re: Form 1 question

I have been under the impression that it had to be the town where you reside and the SBR will be stored, since that's where you are "manufacturing " it at as well.

I wouldn't listen to your dealer personally.

For the engraving, you need to put the address from 3b. That is the address they are going to send your form to, more than likely your residence.

If and when you move out of state and do a 5320.20 the address you will use as teh "moving from" will be the one in 3b.

Leave 4h blank.

You need to have it engraved with the town you live in and stated in 3b.

Most Law Enforcement probably doesn't even know to look for engraving, but it is not something worth chancing.