• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Still waiting on 2x F1 and 1x F4 on traditional trust from late Nov, late Dec and early March. There were a few posts here recently of trusts from my timeframe coming in, so I'm hoping they'll come in sooner than later.

Still waiting here. Been waiting on one since the march 23rd and another since the 12th of April. The fact this seems like luck of the draw is...well it's typical.

VERY! I am keep reading hours or days, and mine has been in since 4/5/2024. Oh well, I have waited over a year before, but still silly what random ass order they seem to have.

Reactions: LR1845
I just got my stamp yesterday on a suppressor it’s been in jail almost 4 years yes 4 years! Yes I have other suppressors, yes no criminal record at all………. When the ATF first got my info it was a woman examiner and her first week on thejob, this was told to me by another examiner, any ways someone’s name was a close match to mine and bingo she failed me, even after I talked to her and she admitted I had other suppressors she still refused to help me at all, she could see my concealed carry permit and my other suppressors and my sbr’s it still took almost 4 years,

I just got my stamp yesterday on a suppressor it’s been in jail almost 4 years yes 4 years! Yes I have other suppressors, yes no criminal record at all………. When the ATF first got my info it was a woman examiner and her first week on thejob, this was told to me by another examiner, any ways someone’s name was a close match to mine and bingo she failed me, even after I talked to her and she admitted I had other suppressors she still refused to help me at all, she could see my concealed carry permit and my other suppressors and my sbr’s it still took almost 4 years,
The most terrifying words in the English language are: I'm from the government and I'm here to help...

Still waiting here. Been waiting on one since the march 23rd and another since the 12th of April. The fact this seems like luck of the draw is...well it's typical.
VERY! I am keep reading hours or days, and mine has been in since 4/5/2024. Oh well, I have waited over a year before, but still silly what random ass order they seem to have.
Still waiting here as well, one can, individual. I hope we all get good news very soon.

Reactions: Chew and lash
Great…. I have a AAC Cyclops .50bmg can from individual to his Class 3. Been in that process since March… the will be in jail from my Class 3 to me…. I will probably be waiting close to a year.

Reactions: lash
Great…. I have a AAC Cyclops .50bmg can from individual to his Class 3. Been in that process since March… the will be in jail from my Class 3 to me…. I will probably be waiting close to a year.
I’m in the same boat, doesn’t seem like this is speeding up transfers from individual/trust to class 3’s (at least not yet)

E4 individual (local gun shop)
Certified 4/24
Approved 4/25

E4 trust (Silencer Shop)
Certified 1/25
Approved 4/22

E4 individual (Silencer Shop)
Certified 4/23
Approved 4/25

E4 trust (Silencer Shop)
Certified 2/6
Approved ??

I thought maybe the individual apps would push through the trusts in a batch, but no such luck..

E4 individual (local gun shop)
Certified 4/24
Approved 4/25

E4 trust (Silencer Shop)
Certified 1/25
Approved 4/22

E4 individual (Silencer Shop)
Certified 4/23
Approved 4/25

E4 trust (Silencer Shop)
Certified 2/6
Approved ??

I thought maybe the individual apps would push through the trusts in a batch, but no such luck..

Probably because the trusts go to a different desk?

Asked my sot if he had any news on my approvals. He said I would know before him. I’m assuming he meant I would receive an email? Is this correct? What will I get? New to the eform stuff last stuff I did was prior eform.

Asked my sot if he had any news on my approvals. He said I would know before him. I’m assuming he meant I would receive an email? Is this correct? What will I get? New to the eform stuff last stuff I did was prior eform.

E-files get an email, no paper, and the last one I did (a while back) I found out before the dealer.

I *think* you're supposed to be able to check the status online?

Reactions: lash
Somebody posted something somewhere else that there was an announcement about some fix they were supposed to put in to make E-trust forms go almost as fast as E-individual
T’was I.

Here in this thread. Here:

And here:

You'll get an email immediately from the E-forms system when it's approved. Then your dealer will see it too; depending on your dealer and how often they're checking for approval notifications it might be immediately to a day or two later. Mine seems to have a lot of NFA transfers going on right now so it took them a couple days to be ready for me to pick it up, both of these last two times. Yours may handle things differently though.

Reactions: Simonsza1 and lash
So if I’m understanding this video, the speed is for non multi person trust applicants….if so can a person apply single even if they have stamps as a multi person trust all ready……
You can always apply as single/ individual and get the tax stamp back, but it will not be in the trust. You can then pay ANOTHER $200 and transfer it into the trust.

I think they are working on the multi person trusts next after they work through some of the other backlog first. Faster trusts are coming I think.

This from the ASA helped explain it.

I'm hoping that when a fly 9 comes in (have a deposit on one from a dealer that is supposed to be getting some in soon), I am going to submit it and a form 1 Sbr at the same time. Going to be Sbr ing my threaded 6" Beretta Neos.

Reactions: sandhiller
My Form 4's have taken 2-4 days recently. Longest about 2 years ago was 294 days. Shortest before this sudden surge in approvals was like 49 days. Then it became 2-4 days max. It's almost faster than Amazon Prime. Order on a Sunday/Monday, and pick it up on Thursday or Friday.

It's a shame they won't allow new machine guns to be purchased. They'd make a killing on Form 4 tax stamps. New MP7s, new MP5s, etc...

Reactions: FuhQ and darkfader
SS trust
E-file form 4
Submitted 12/26/23
Approved 5/8/2024
This was after having a congress representative check on the status last week (had a proceed from NICS, waiting on examiner).

Also have another SS trust form 4 submitted 3/21 that did not get approved yet. ATF still showed it "pending" last week.

Reactions: cdpond
Otter Creek Labs Titanium 22
Capitol Armory Certified 12/29/23
Approved 5/10/24

Just a little over 4 months, so definitely my quickest but don‘t own but two other cans. Definitely will be ordering some more in the near future.

Reactions: FuhQ
Otter Creek Labs Titanium 22
Capitol Armory Certified 12/29/23
Approved 5/10/24

Just a little over 4 months, so definitely my quickest but don‘t own but two other cans. Definitely will be ordering some more in the near future.

Ouch! I bought mine in December and was approved within a few weeks. It's a great can. I got it for 5.7x28 and while there's a bit more backpressure than the Lithium with 5.7, it seems to shoot tighter groups on the M&P 5.7 and has no POI shift. The titanium baffles are easy to clean in an ultrasonic as well. Pinesol + water and 30 minutes. Wipes right off.

Ouch! I bought mine in December and was approved within a few weeks. It's a great can. I got it for 5.7x28 and while there's a bit more backpressure than the Lithium with 5.7, it seems to shoot tighter groups on the M&P 5.7 and has no POI shift. The titanium baffles are easy to clean in an ultrasonic as well. Pinesol + water and 30 minutes. Wipes right off.
Nice I’m looking forward to it. Going to start it on a CZ 457 22. Was yours a trust or individual?

Reactions: Capri_Man
Figured I'd try out the new wait times.

I've ordered a OCL Polonium k for a blasting can, we'll see when that gets back in stock.

Is there any truth to what people are saying about running a 4473 or having other NFA items to speed things up? I feel like that would have little to no effect on how fast it gets to someones desk.

Reactions: Camelfilter
The journey begins today. Went to my dealer and paid for a couple suppressors. He filed the e form for a form 4 transfer while I watched.

Years ago I had several form 4 transfers. The first took 90 days, some were done in 7.

Will be interesting to see how much things have changed.

Is there any truth to what people are saying about running a 4473 or having other NFA items to speed things up? I feel like that would have little to no effect on how fast it gets to someones desk.

Doubt it. Had NFA stuff, also had NFA stuff going thru the process just before this upgrade. Approved in Feb.

Amidst that approval timeframe Oregon auto-canceled my drivers license (because Massachusetts auto-extended a drivers license I hadn't had in 10 friggen years), so OR State Police canceled 2 firearms background checks I did in March. Not delayed or rejected, canceled. A phone in by the FFL using my Oregon CHL garnered an approval along with letting me know I didn't have a drivers license (for an unknown timeframe).

Straightened out DL the following week, same DL # reissued. With the "real ID" scam. New pic. Expires 2032.

Bought a suppressor early April 6 day approval, another end of April 2 day approval.

Prior to the DL crud was always instant approval on firearms purchases/transfers (Oregon, everything goes thru an FFL/4473)...

So in short, I believe if you don't have any issues which would require a person at ATF/NICS to have to look into (common name, name associated with some criminal, misdemeanor convictions etc etc) my understanding is its all automated. Then batch rubber stamped by a bureaucrat "approved electronically by ATF official".

Edit, Tues 5/14: Picked up an FAL varient STG58C (by EAI) yesterday. Back to instant approval BGC's...

Last edited:
Reactions: cdpond
I read that ATF has the names with cadence issue resolved as of 05/14
Confirmed. I was held up a couple weeks while this was being worked on. Yesterday afternoon I was able to successfully submit my eFile form 4 at my LGS along with another individual who was in the store that also had a cadence in their name.