• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Re: Form 4 wait time

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Stefan73</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I was thinking about buying a can in the future but do not know how to do it if the wait is like this!!
Reason being with deployments and the Army moving me around so much that I might either move or be deployed by the time it would get approved.
I'm not sure how the ATF would look at it if I moved in the middle of the process? </div></div>

If you have one of those drivers licenses that don't expire then have the transfer done to that address - if your family still lives there. Voilla!

check cleared in Dec
starting reviewing 1-1-10 or so
approved 2-23-10 or thereabouts
waiting for the phone call now.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dgwelsh</div><div class="ubbcode-body">check cleared in Dec
starting reviewing 1-1-10 or so
approved 2-23-10 or thereabouts
waiting for the phone call now. </div></div>
Who was your examiner?

I had one get approved Feb 11.
I still dont have the approved paperwork to my dealer....
I called in to ask why it has taken 15 days to get it in the mail and to him, they said they werent sure. Examiner was Dudash (sp?)

great.
looks like Ill be getting a certified copy.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYshooter338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had one get approved Feb 11.
I still dont have the approved paperwork to my dealer....
I called in to ask why it has taken 15 days to get it in the mail and to him, they said they werent sure. Examiner was Dudash (sp?)

great.
looks like Ill be getting a certified copy. </div></div>

Certified copy.... man that sucks! I am one of these ...retentive types who figures I didn't send a certified COPY of a payment, I don't expect a COPY of a tax stamp!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: csi:cyberspace</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Certified copy.... man that sucks! I am one of these ...retentive types who figures I didn't send a certified COPY of a payment, I don't expect a COPY of a tax stamp! </div></div>

You get a certified copy of their paperwork/form 4 that they keep. It doesn't have a stamp on it FWIW. Ask me how I know...

Yeah, I know that's what happens. That was just my commentary on what BS I think it is. I think you pay for a stamp, you should GET a stamp. Just my opinion.

Just don't try to run it through the auto document feeder on a copy machine.
Nothing quite like ripping your brand new tax stamp in half less than an hour after you open the envelope.
mad.gif

Thank God for scotch tape and laminating machines.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mrs.Lazy21</div><div class="ubbcode-body">check sent on 2/2/2010
cashed 2/26/2010 </div></div>

if it took 24 days to cash your check then something is probably wrong....

they usually cash it in 2-3 days.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYshooter338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mrs.Lazy21</div><div class="ubbcode-body">check sent on 2/2/2010

they usually cash it in 2-3 days. </div></div>

that bad storm they just went thru, probably got really backed up.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mrs.Lazy21</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYshooter338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mrs.Lazy21</div><div class="ubbcode-body">check sent on 2/2/2010

they usually cash it in 2-3 days. </div></div>

that bad storm they just went thru, probably got really backed up. </div></div>

No, not really. they were delayed 5 days and were still working off site.
I sent in paperwork 3 days before the storm hit and they cashed it the 2nd day they had it, which would have been the day of the storm.....

I have had my approved Form 4 with affixed tax stamp in hand for 2 weeks now, and ATF has still not cashed my check yet...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: B. Melick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have had my approved Form 4 with affixed tax stamp in hand for 2 weeks now, and ATF has still not cashed my check yet... </div></div>
No way would I have posted that....
What's that sound? Sounds like a fleet of back SUVs pulling up at someone's door....
grin.gif

3 suppressors on a Trust
Checks and paperwork sent 2/5
Checks cashed 2/10

How do you find out who the examiner is and what the status is?
I checked the link for NFA examiners but it would not work.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: B. Melick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have had my approved Form 4 with affixed tax stamp in hand for 2 weeks now, and ATF has still not cashed my check yet... </div></div>

How did your approval go through so quickly?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: csi:cyberspace</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: B. Melick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have had my approved Form 4 with affixed tax stamp in hand for 2 weeks now, and ATF has still not cashed my check yet... </div></div>
What's that sound? Sounds like a fleet of back SUVs pulling up at someone's door....
grin.gif
</div></div>

How is it our fault they dont cash a check and send the approved forms? We cant control if they cash the check or not, its in their hands once it leaves ours....

I had two cans approved on Feb 11.
They weren't mailed until the 18th and just today shows up at my dealers store....
10 days in the mail in less then a 7 hour drive!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mrs.Lazy21</div><div class="ubbcode-body">where did you send your paperwork WV, or WA? </div></div>

you dont send anything to WA....
They either go to West Virginia or Atlanta

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: B. Melick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have had my approved Form 4 with affixed tax stamp in hand for 2 weeks now, and ATF has still not cashed my check yet...</div></div>

I posted one day too soon; ATF actually just now finally got around to cashing my check on 2 March 2010, but I didn't really care one way or other because I had already received my approved Form 4 on 22 February 2010.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYshooter338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: csi:cyberspace</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: B. Melick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have had my approved Form 4 with affixed tax stamp in hand for 2 weeks now, and ATF has still not cashed my check yet... </div></div>
grin.gif
</div></div>

How is it our fault they dont cash a check and send the approved forms? We cant control if they cash the check or not, its in their hands once it leaves ours.... </div></div>
Dude, take a pill - it's a JOKE.......

Just got the call yesterday paperwork is done. Sent in OCT. picking up cans on March 6th. This was the longest wait I had on purchasing cans.

Here is the edit. I got 3 of the 4 in. Still waiting on the fourth. My orders must have been spilt between to agents. Oct waiting.

WOO-HOOO!!!!
Just got the call from my dealer - ALL my forms are back today in the mail!! Gonna pick em up THIS AFTERNOON!!!
Checks cashed 12/29/09
Approved 3/6/10
Stamps/forms inhand 3/15/10

77 days door to door. Not bad!

Paperwork sent beginning of January, received yesterday. Approximately 10 weeks with a trust. This was my fastest transfer out of the 8 or so i've done (both personal and trust).

Can 1
Mailed 1-19-2010
Check cashed 1-26-2010
Pending 8 March, 2010
Approved 24 March, 2010
Stamp in hand 6 April, 2010
Can 2
Mailed 13 Mar, 2010
Check 16 Mar, 2010
Pending 12 April, 2010
Approve 14 June, 2010
Stamp in hand 24 June, 2010
William Shipman examiner on Can2
All on a trust

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: firedog90</div><div class="ubbcode-body">3 suppressors on a Trust
AAC SCARH-SD, Cyclone, and SPR-M4
Checks and paperwork sent 2/5
Checks cashed 2/10

How do you find out who the examiner is and what the status is?
I checked the link for NFA examiners but it would not work. </div></div>

Went pending 3/16
Barbara Payne is the examiner.

Hopefully it doesn't take too much longer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: csi:cyberspace</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYshooter338</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: csi:cyberspace</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: B. Melick</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have had my approved Form 4 with affixed tax stamp in hand for 2 weeks now, and ATF has still not cashed my check yet... </div></div>
grin.gif
</div></div>

How is it our fault they dont cash a check and send the approved forms? We cant control if they cash the check or not, its in their hands once it leaves ours.... </div></div>
Dude, take a pill - it's a JOKE....... </div></div>

Im completely calm. You on the other hand.... need more then a pill to help!

My last transfer was about 10 weeks on approval but took them 20 days to mail it out and me have it in hand.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KYshooter338</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Im completely calm. You on the other hand.... need more then a pill to help!
</div></div>
Perhaps, but at least I know the difference between then and than. If you're going to be an unsolicited prick, at least do it correctly.

For my first can I went with an Elite Iron Bravo1, local here in MT and thought I would give them a try. Check was cashed on 14 Feb 09 called yesterday and they said to call back in 2 weeks. Ive seen the can at my dealer and it looks very well built putting it on a 7mmSAUM and a 260....Cant wait for that little stamp to come back

They cashed my check on Dec 17, If I don't have the stamp by April 17 I will get my dealer to check on the progress

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mrs.Lazy21</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Lazy sent his form1 today on a trust, now he's playing the waiting game (he's also thinking of doing a form4 on a can)

Atf received package on 2/4/10 </div></div>

went pending
3/22/10
examiner Susan Santa Maria

Well I have 2 suppressors already, and I wish I had tracked them but I didn't. Here goes a SBR I will track....

1. NFA Item: SBR
2. Form Type: Form 1
3. Transferee Type: Trust
4. Forms Sent: 03/24/2010
5. Check Cashed: -----------
6. Pending Date: -----------
7. Approved Date: ----------
8. Forms Received:----------
9. Examiner Name: ----------

Paper work for Trust(2 items; Cyclone and SPR-M4) sent in Feb 1

Check cashed ... Feb 9

Pending ... March 17

Approved ... April 23

Picked up at the dealer ... April 30

I know this was asked by another member...but it doesn't appear to be answered. Where is everyone getting the timelines, say for pending and finding out who the examiner is? Is there a website or are people just calling and asking (not that I would want to slow the process down by calling and taking their time)?

Thanks,
B.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Winny</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know this was asked by another member...but it doesn't appear to be answered. Where is everyone getting the timelines, say for pending and finding out who the examiner is? Is there a website or are people just calling and asking (not that I would want to slow the process down by calling and taking their time)?

Thanks,
B. </div></div>

I know when I mailed the forms, I saw the check cleared on my bank statement, I called the number the dealer had given me (304-616-4500) today and found out the pending date by giving the gentleman the serial numbers of the items on application. I have no further plans to call, it was a nice experience for me... the first time around. Like I was told in the beginning, patience will greatly aid you the buyer/applier.

Good luck.

Just call an ask,(304-616-4500) as there are folks that have the full time job of answering questions. Be sure to have your S/N ready, device, ect. One of the problems is the back log of paper work they have, most of the public just found out within the last 3 years cans an such could be had in most states. They did have an issue with one person or two that slowed down many a form, those issues have been taken care of, and the turn around times are getting better. There are a number of sites that track, report, ect and when two names kept popping up, it was plane to see who was working and who was not.

The best place on the net for any NFA question is,
http://subguns.com/boards/mgmsg.cgi
That link is the NFA Forum board, all folks visit that site including NFA branch folks, BATF-E, NFA only Lawyers, Mfg's, Dealers, Joe public, ect.

my first Form 4 done on a trust.

Paperwork sent Jan 11
Check cashed Jan 14
Went Pending Feb 8
Stamp arived at my dealer Mar 27

For purely experimental purposes...I Sent in paperwork 25 Feb 09 for SF .338 can and received paperwork 13 July 09. Did this personally. Sent one in for a YHM 5.56 QD can same day in an LLC I have formed that holds also holds my Colt SP1 select fire conversion and received paperwork back 7 May 09.

My first form 4:
For: Thunderbeast 30P-1
Paperwork & check sent 2/16/10
Check cleared 2/22/10
Pending 3/30/10
Examiner: Susan Santamaria
Approved: 4/18/2010
Got suppressor:4/21/2010

I sent in two on a trust for suppresors on 1/15/10 and called last week and they were approved on 3/24 so I should get my stamp anyday know.

1. NFA Item: SBR
2. Form Type: Form 1
3. Transferee Type: Trust
4. Forms Sent: 03/24/2010
5. Check Cashed: 04/07/2010
6. Pending Date: -----------
7. Approved Date: ----------
8. Forms Received:----------
9. Examiner Name: ----------