• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

I have a feeling I have a long ways to go for my March 11 check cashed.. it's criminal negligence at the AFT

So is there any value to the NFA tracker website? It seems pretty far off.

some of the entries on NFA tracker arent possible. the late March and April approvals calculate into the future. Either someone is adding bs data or they can’t count.

basically it has come to a standstill from March 2021 submissions. My best guess is after Biden got sworn in, everyone and their sister bought suppressors in Jan 2021 thus collapsing the usually efficient (/sarc) NFA branch.

ive got form 4’ from 3/18/21, April and June 2021…will post those once I get word of approval.

I have a March 10 and an October 15 pending date. Wouldn’t be surprised if they bath take 12+ months at this point. Praying for an infamous batch approval though..

They probably cut staff knowing the machines were taking over and now are processing on a skeleton crew.

3/30/2021 check cash date.
1/14/2022 dealer called with stamps in hand ready for pick up.

On a trust, I am only the person on the trust.
290 days, a full 2.5 months faster than any one I've previously gotten.
Dude... Wow. That's insane.

On SilencerShop it now says “Ready to Certify”, but when I contacted my dealer, they said they would reach out in a few weeks—blaming the gov website.
So much for 90 days….

12/28/21 - Can Purchased/Kiosk Profile Completed
12/30/21 - eForm 4 completed
12/31/21 - Tax stamp paid via SilencerShop
1/17/22 - Ready to Certify (eform 4)

What is the "certify"? Silencer shop proofing your paperwork?
I think they proof it after you submit it.

But it is certainly annoying that I have to wait on the dealer to be ready for me to “certify.”

Attachments

• C8AF997C-F381-4043-854E-D2051516F9F3.png
    C8AF997C-F381-4043-854E-D2051516F9F3.png
    225.8 KB · Views: 56
Reactions: reubenski
Jeez, that's drawn out and tedious
Well I don’t mind SS taking a few days to make sure my Form 4 is 100%, being the ATF will kick it back after months if it’s messed up. After all, you are paying the $25 kiosk fee and $5 up charge on the stamp for something.
But when the dealer needs a few weeks to figure it out—it’s just adding to the wait time.

Reactions: FuhQ
Have 2 of them in jail now...looks like late Summer and maybe Christmas 🤬

Dead Air Sandman K:
Form 3: Delivered to Dealer on 2/10/2021 8:23:17 PM
Form 4 (Single Shot): Tax Stamp Cashed on 3/4/2021

Dead Air Nomad-Ti:
Form 3: Delivered to Dealer on 5/29/2021 8:27:40 PM
Form 4 (Single Shot): Tax Stamp Cashed on 6/8/2021
Sandman K: approved on 01-13-22...stamp hopefully to dealer soon!
Total of 315 days from stamp cashed to approval...just over 10 months

I'm convinced they're not even approving paper forms at the moment. Probably trying to work through all the eform bullshit... but what do I know... what else could be the reason we're stuck in the first week of March purgatory. They've been approving Feb/March 2021 submittals for over 2 months now. That branch is as transparent as a black hole.

I'm convinced they're not even approving paper forms at the moment. Probably trying to work through all the eform bullshit... but what do I know... what else could be the reason we're stuck in the first week of March purgatory. They've been approving Feb/March 2021 submittals for over 2 months now. That branch is as transparent as a black hole.
I don't claim to have any idea what they're doing, but I had a few stamps cashed 3/30/21, all arrived at my dealer at the same time this past Friday. And these were the first stamps I have ever gotten back before a full 52 weeks from cash date.

I don't claim to have any idea what they're doing, but I had a few stamps cashed 3/30/21, all arrived at my dealer at the same time this past Friday. And these were the first stamps I have ever gotten back before a full 52 weeks from cash date.
I fully believe that there is no reason that anyone gets anything faster or slower. It's just luck of the draw and if your stuff gets on the desk of someone there who wants to get things done, you get it quickly. If not (which seems to be the majority) then you will wait and sometimes wait a longer time than "normal". I've just seen them do different things so many times at my buddies shop, and on here, and for myself personally so many times, I can't come to any other conclusion.

Checks Cashed 3/10/21 for two cans.

Dealer called to today 1/18/22

Trust with two people. I also have a check cashed in July and October. No batch approval for me.

I got 2 cans in jail. My first ones. First check was cashed back in March. This waiting game is killing me.

These stupid so called laws aren't even really legal if you go by what the 2A says. I should be able to just make my own, or buy one, and walk out with it. All this waiting around for a damn year just to stay out of prison when all I want to do is not blow my damn ears out...

Took me 8 months when I did my SBR papers, and you can't even make any more FA guns anymore.

Assholes.

Checks Cashed 3/10/21 for two cans.

Dealer called to today 1/18/22

Trust with two people. I also have a check cashed in July and October. No batch approval for me.
You give me hope. I’m calling tomorrow. Mine cashed 3/10 also

Reactions: Scopes
Finally
Griffin armament optimus
Bought 1/6/20
Cashed on 3/3/20
Tax arrived at dealer 1/17/21

Had to redo some paperwork in December

Just hit up my FFL a couple days ago. Said last few he's gotten back have been 10 months. I submitted my shit l first week of April '21. So we should be getting close-ish.

Just hit up my FFL a couple days ago. Said last few he's gotten back have been 10 months. I submitted my shit l first week of April '21. So we should be getting close-ish.
Seems like a brick wall got hit at the end of feb/first week or March for approvals. They have been doing them for like 2 months now

• Sad
Reactions: clcustom1911
I bought one in July the ffl said they been having good luck 2-8 months but now looking like 10 to 12 months

Same boat here, had two that were early March '21 that haven't made it through yet.

Day 324 -

Check cashed 3/4 ... called today, they said it is assigned to an agent. Atleast not pending anymore... but how long should this step take??

I did ask, reply back was unknown as everyone is different.

Ive got a whole mess of customer cans and personal cans that were check cashed in feb 21 that have not come back yet. First time ive had any cans go beyond 9 months.

Reactions: 92G
I filed form 4 on an SBR (09/10/20) and received the stamp on (3/23/2021), after that quick turn around I decided to put a Sandman S in queue (4/30/21) with still no stamp and to make matters worse I have a Rugged Obsidian 9 tied up in the e-form trainwreck. Might even add a Ultra 9 in the mix to make it more interesting.

This will be quite a year :LOL:

Cashed 3/10/21 called today it was still pending but assigned to an examiner. Also asked about my 10/15/21 and it was not assigned yet. Will update with approval.

Alright... Finally, some good news! My hat's off the very nice, friendly, and informative ATF examiner that came-through with her promise of an expedited approval and stamp mailing, as she was familiar with this whole ordeal. 👍🏼

Due to the ATF audit that took place at this particular dealer that threw a monkey-wrench in everything and made this exponentially longer than it should have been. For reference, my other 2 cans bought the day before 12/4/2020, the stamps arrived at the dealer on 8/5/2021. So, almost 6 extra months wait time due to bureaucratic red tape. If they would just go ahead and deregulate them, or 4473 them like firearms, then we wouldn't have any of these problems. Just saying...

My Rugged Obsidian 45 is now free from ATF jail. Just waiting on me to pick it up.

Here's a quick breakdown of the wonderful (almost) 14 month long migraine... I'll skip all the details of the back-and-forth calls to the ATF and dealer to find out WTF was going on during that time.

Rugged Obsidian 45 FDE
Silencer Shop Kiosk - Digital FP
Single-Shot Trust

Purchased - 12/5/2020
Cashed - 1/3/2021
(ATF Dealer Audit) Progress Halted/Disapproved - 6/24/2021
(Audit Concluded) Resubmitted - 8/17/2021
Re-Cashed - 10/17/2021
Approved - 1/10/2022
Stamp @ Dealer - 1/25/2022
In-hand - Probably tomorrow, if I can break free during the day.

Last edited:
Reactions: Statusquo
Silencerco Saker 556 DT

Trust 1RP
Purchased 2/10
Check cashed 3/10
Approved 1/14

Waiting for the stamp to show up at the dealer

Just about got the full year experience

Last edited:
Reactions: 92G and 260284
Alright... Finally, some good news! My hat's off the very nice, friendly, and informative ATF examiner that came-through with her promise of an expedited approval and stamp mailing, as she was familiar with this whole ordeal. 👍🏼

Due to the ATF audit that took place at this particular dealer that threw a monkey-wrench in everything and made this exponentially longer than it should have been. For reference, my other 2 cans bought the day before 12/4/2020, the stamps arrived at the dealer on 8/5/2021. So, almost 6 extra months wait time due to bureaucratic red tape. If they would just go ahead and deregulate them, or 4473 them like firearms, then we wouldn't have any of these problems. Just saying...

My Rugged Obsidian 45 is now free from ATF jail. Just waiting on me to pick it up.

Here's a quick breakdown of the wonderful (almost) 14 month long migraine... I'll skip all the details of the back-and-forth calls to the ATF and dealer to find out WTF was going on during that time.

Rugged Obsidian 45 FDE
Silencer Shop Kiosk - Digital FP
Single-Shot Trust

Purchased - 12/5/2020
Cashed - 1/3/2021
(ATF Dealer Audit) Progress Halted/Disapproved - 6/24/2021
(Audit Concluded) Resubmitted - 8/17/2021
Re-Cashed - 10/17/2021
Approved - 1/10/2022
Stamp @ Dealer - 1/25/2022
In-hand - Probably tomorrow, if I can break free during the day.
Judas Priest what a freakin nightmare! Good on you for working through it. Congratulations 🎉🎊🎈 on the Obsidian 45. I love mine!

Purchased end of Feb 21
Check Cashed 4/8/21.

Pending.....

What is crazy is I think my last one was "only" about 4-5 months from the time I purchased until I got it.

Judas Priest what a freakin nightmare! Good on you for working through it. Congratulations 🎉🎊🎈 on the Obsidian 45. I love mine!
Thanks. Yeah, it was a big bullshit ordeal. Good thing I will never have to deal with that dealer again. They are good folks, but they are 75 miles away, have no range, so I don't get to see (or use) my cans until the stamps come back. There are closer dealers, but at the time they were the closest with a kiosk, and came highly recommended. While that recommendation didn't age well, I'm glad I now have a new alternative SOT to use.

Now my local SOT is a machine gun range that I'm a member of (used to work at years ago), and they now have a SS Kiosk, and are 5 minutes from my house. So, my 2 Sandman-S cans are through them, therefore I get to have conjugal visits while waiting on my stamps. While I had her on the phone, the ATF lady checked and said my first SMS was cashed on 4/9/2021, so she would unofficially guess Feb/March that it will be coming back based on current time trends. So, that's possibly good news, too. 👍🏼

Reactions: Holliday