• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Maggie’s Funny & awesome pics, vids and memes thread (work safe, no nudity)

7vmE.gif

Looks like an upgrade to a dual-circuit m/c
I was asking if the booster was no longer available. Usually when they are that old they either don't work or fail at the most inopportune time.
Anyone that still uses a single master cylinder should have their head examined. So yes, upgrade.
It took me about two years to get the right combination for the brakes on my 66 Oldsmobile. The original one was trash and after talking to several people that had a good one. The brakes still sucked after upgrading to the double master cylinder. I have a pile of boosters and cylinders in a corner of the garage. Finding someone that knows about brake systems is like finding a unicorn. I talked to the engineers at several well known brake companies. They know about the stuff that they sell but for one off stuff. Not so much. And none of them have a disk upgrade for my car.

Reactions: johnnyvw
I did a V8 swap on a 76B about 20 years back with my dad. The 76-80’s had the MGB-GT option, and the motor mounts were the same. Now, I’m not much of a car guy, but enough that we were able to plug in a 62’ Skylark 215 V8 and bolt that up to a T5 transmission if memory serves. Probably took the MGB from 50HP at the rear wheel to 200. Overheating was an issue, but, run it on a cold fall day… man she scooted.
GM sold that engine to British Leyland, and they used it forever.

Reactions: Keith E.
Just put a VW engine in it! :D

Wolfsburg West is going to be the death of me, I know I making payments on someones boat over there, as well as sending a few kids to college.

They are a fantastic resource for air cooled VW stuff.

• Haha
Reactions: johnnyvw
We drive by that spot a couple years ago.

Devil’s Pothole I think.

Let my then 10 yr old watch some youtubes of it and she understood why we did a small one and not it.

The rock crawling stuff in Moab is pretty unreal.
Exploring the slickrock on foot is even cooler to me. So many amazing things to see you miss from the cab of a 4x4

Yep;

Buick Olds Pontiac Rover; I saw one bored out to ~5L. My stock 215CI was enough.
Personally I think it was a good engine. Remember the Triumph Stag? Why on earth they did not use that engine in that car just baffles me. The....ahh....creation they came up with doomed that car.

Personally I think it was a good engine. Remember the Triumph Stag? Why on earth they did not use that engine in that car just baffles me. The....ahh....creation they came up with doomed that car.
Loosely. I did a bunch of British car shows in Cincinnati and Cleveland with it. Honestly it was fun with a stock engine, but I was a kid comparatively. The V8 swap I did in College and car was my daily driver for a few years of med school. I had fun.

Loosely. I did a bunch of British car shows in Cincinnati and Cleveland with it. Honestly it was fun with a stock engine, but I was a kid comparatively. The V8 swap I did in College and car was my daily driver for a few years of med school. I had fun.

Reactions: DoctorBen