• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Maggie’s Funny & awesome pics, vids and memes thread (work safe, no nudity)

photo_2024-05-17_20-42-50.jpg

That really was a very funny (for a nerd) show. One of the better clips.

If ev’s were really competitive, they would be a shoo in for races like the 12 hours of Sebring and the 24 hours of Le Mans. But alas, quick acceleration doth not make a truly competitive vehicle. If it were so, Top Fuel Dragsters would win every motor vehicle race of every kind, everywhere.

IMG_3355.jpeg

If ev’s were really competitive, they would be a shoo in for races like the 12 hours of Sebring and the 24 hours of Le Mans. But alas, quick acceleration doth not make a truly competitive vehicle. If it were so, Top Fuel Dragsters would win every motor vehicle race of every kind, everywhere.

View attachment 8420185
They have to rename it the 3 1/2 hours of LEMans😂😂😂😂😂😂

View attachment 8420185
And it wouldn't be able to go more than a mile without being rebuilt.

Reactions: Jefe's Dope

View attachment 8420185
“If 20v battery tools were really competitive they could be used non-stop for 24 hours like my corded saw”

See the sillyness?

No one with a brain thinks EVs can replace ICE today. That said, I would own a Tesla if the cost was more reasonable because it would be perfect for my needs/commute and cost so little to operate.

Make no mistake, no one who knows me in the real world thinks I’m against gasoline. I have built many project vehs, raced many years and was an ASE Master/GM certified Master for 20 years and then a Snapon dealer.

I don’t get all the hate. I guess the automobile probably was hated by folks who loved horses. EV fills a niche. Yes the treehuggers/government pushing them is annoying AF, I get it …. but having options to have what you want is never a bad thing.

BTW I effing love battery tools…

They have to rename it the 3 1/2 hours of LEMans😂😂😂😂😂😂
Got an awesome '24 Bentley in the shop right now that would beat any EV in LeMans.

Damn, nothing like driving an early 3L at speed.

And over 24 hours, this 100-year-old-car would beat ANY EV in LeMans. Oh and you'd look like a stud driving it.

Just 'sayin.

Sirhr

View attachment 8420185
Wait, what?

Unlimited​

Anything goes[tone] in the Unlimited Division as long as it passes safety inspection and meets the PPIHC's general rules. The Unlimited Division features the most exotic vehicles, most of them built specifically for this race. These race cars have the best chance of setting a new overall race record. In 2018, Romain Dumas set a new record of 7 minutes 57.148 seconds in the all-electric Volkswagen I.D. R Pikes Peak, beating Sébastien Loeb's previous record by over 15 seconds.[30]

F1 uses a hybrid as well.

Formula 1’s current engine regulations dictate that each team must be powered by a four-stroke 1.6 litre V6 engine, which includes a turbocharger and hybrid electric ancillaries, and sees a maximum permitted RPM of 15,000.