• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Maggie’s Funny & awesome pics, vids and memes thread (work safe, no nudity)

1715989195493.png

Cool one in the shop... Goes like a scalded cat!

Mine, but sold a few years ago. I muchly want her back. But I'll find another....

1715989291250.png

Early 3L and went like stink on.. stuff.

Nothing like a long stroke engine with a light body at speed....

Sirhr

Of course they’re happy. After they murder you they’re going to have fresh liver and Fava beans for dinner.

That’s cool, made back when craftsmen used innovation to make tools to get the job done!! Granddad was a blacksmith, still have his forge, anvil and hand made tools back on the home farm in Wisconsin.

Wait, what?

Unlimited​

Anything goes[tone] in the Unlimited Division as long as it passes safety inspection and meets the PPIHC's general rules. The Unlimited Division features the most exotic vehicles, most of them built specifically for this race. These race cars have the best chance of setting a new overall race record. In 2018, Romain Dumas set a new record of 7 minutes 57.148 seconds in the all-electric Volkswagen I.D. R Pikes Peak, beating Sébastien Loeb's previous record by over 15 seconds.[30]
Two completely different races. It’s easy enough to get 7 minutes of balls-out battery power. It’s entirely different to ask an endurance team to get 24hrs of balls-out power, reliability, & ease of in-race maintenance

Two completely different races. It’s easy enough to get 7 minutes of balls-out battery power. It’s entirely different to ask an endurance team to get 24hrs of balls-out power, reliability, & ease of in-race maintenance
So, the 24 hour races are the only measure of a true race car? Do they not refuel in 24 hour races? It won't be long for battery changes to hit the pit lanes and battery performance is increasing exponentially every year. It's coming and it's not because of the environment. Don't get me wrong though, to me there's nothing better than the sound and smell of a two stroke motorcycle engine.

Edit: Hybrids are at Le Mans now too.

How long until they're pure electric?

Last edited:
Reactions: odonnks
Unless it's cold, then it would be the 90 minutes of Le Mans.
Depending how cold it wouldn’t even be that long. I love my car for urban environment use… and in that capacity I crush almost anybody who doesn’t have at least 1000 hp. I continue to crush them at higher speeds. Since they don’t have an hour of high speed driving to be able to catch up with me, I am long gone and they never recover. If they have Corvette, a Ferrari, Lamborghini, very high-end Porsche, a track hawk …sure, they’re gonna actually be faster than me… and they’re going to be able to sustain their lead.

As I always say… If you live in the middle of nowhere, or you live in a cold environment, an EV is not gonna be a great car for you… unless of course, the most driving you ever do in a day is a hundred miles.

… And to be clear, it’s not just any EV -> Tesla and only a few others have an actual range that makes it worth having the vehicle at all. Most of the typical commuter EVs absolutely stink.

Reactions: Lawless and Modoc
That’s cool, made back when craftsmen used innovation to make tools to get the job done!! Granddad was a blacksmith, still have his forge, anvil and hand made tools back on the home farm in Wisconsin.
Very cool you still have his tools

My grandpa was also a blacksmith

I have the anvil he brought with him on the boat when he emigrated from Germany about 1920

anvil r.jpg

“If 20v battery tools were really competitive they could be used non-stop for 24 hours like my corded saw”

See the sillyness?

No one with a brain thinks EVs can replace ICE today. That said, I would own a Tesla if the cost was more reasonable because it would be perfect for my needs/commute and cost so little to operate.

Make no mistake, no one who knows me in the real world thinks I’m against gasoline. I have built many project vehs, raced many years and was an ASE Master/GM certified Master for 20 years and then a Snapon dealer.

I don’t get all the hate. I guess the automobile probably was hated by folks who loved horses. EV fills a niche. Yes the treehuggers/government pushing them is annoying AF, I get it …. but having options to have what you want is never a bad thing.

BTW I effing love battery tools…
The hate is not against the vehicles themselves. As you say, even the ones today have nich that they can fill very well. It’s the force by the ruling elites saying that we have to have them, regardless of the practicality or lack of. And that force goes much deeper than short range, overly heavy, resource intensive electric road vehicles. its the need to force the herd into the barn, so the herd can be vaccinated, kept in the dark, fed shit and the undesirables eliminated.

All this is really compounded by the “elites” not having to live by their own rules. its the perfect storm for hate and without sensibility being displayed by those “elites” sooner or later, a violent explosion will take place. Lots of blood will hit the ground and that is Not a good thing.

Now Everyone NOTE: I am NOT advocating a civil war, or civil violence. Bloodshed should be the last and is always the worst way to resolve civil issues. Civil is the key word, People have to understand that it’s not just about them but it is about everyone and everyone should be given the opportunities, and not put down as “deplorables.”.

So, the 24 hour races are the only measure of a true race car? Do they not refuel in 24 hour races? It won't be long for battery changes to hit the pit lanes and battery performance is increasing exponentially every year. It's coming and it's not because of the environment. Don't get me wrong though, to me there's nothing better than the sound and smell of a two stroke motorcycle engine.

EV's and Hybrids are the CFL bulb of the automotive industry. Hydrogen is the future.

No, I was only pointing out the comparison between a 7 minute time attack run and a 24hr endurance race is irrelevant. The same way that bringing up hybrids is. The discussion is how ev tech isn’t competitive in anything other than extremely short duration runs right now, which is true.

I think it will be interesting to see the advances in ev tech but I don’t think a strictly ev race car will ever be able to compete with even a strictly ICE race car in anything other than a time attack style event. Or it will be quite a while before it happens at least

The only reason I balk at any of this ev talk is because it’s a sort of shell game being played by the people really pulling strings and making decisions.

But, fast race cars are still fast race cars. And as such, I present one of my favorite videos. I know it’s nothing but brand hype but it’s still amazing

What is his first name? Helps for prayers.

Prayers going up all around.
@502Chevelle posted this in the Prayer Request Thread.
Grandson Chase. He's made remarkable strides but he's going to need long, long, rehab. He got the word from the neurosurgeon today his motocross racing is over. Another significant blow to the head could kill him instantly. His goal was to go pro and ride for Yamaha but that's history now. I'm good with that. I'd rather he live a long, boring life. Many thanks for your thoughts.

Prayers for him and your family.

Amazing what those young people do in their recovery.

How old?
Craig Hospital is absolutely amazing for brain injury rehab if he is old enough.
Chase turns 14 June 2nd. The doctors and nurses at Children's Hospital in Madison are miracle workers. The level of care he's received has been amazing. When he get's discharged, yet unknown, he will do his rehab at a place called Shirley Ryan's in Glenview, IL. I know nothing of the place, but if the Docs say that is where he needs to be, that's good enough for us.

My son, wife and I all raced motocross, it is a great family sport, but tragedy can happen in a nano second. Prayers from our family as we have been there before. Gods blessings for you! Praying for the best. 🙏
Broken bones are common, but, severe traumatic injuries my grandson incurred seem to be quite rare. It's unfortunate but it was just an accident. My daughter is feeling guilty but is slowly realizing it was just bad luck. Thank you for your thoughts.

I question how much radiation the animals tested were actually exposed to. Radioactive material and sediment was probably moved around and spread out fairly quickly. Water is also a good insulator of ionizing radiation. You could swim in the spent fuel pool at a nuke plant and be fine; it would probably be nice and warm. Unless they were in direct contact with radioactive material, they wouldn't get much dose.

I question how much radiation the animals tested were actually exposed to. Radioactive material and sediment was probably moved around and spread out fairly quickly. Water is also a good insulator of ionizing radiation. You could swim in the spent fuel pool at a nuke plant and be fine; it would probably be nice and warm. Unless they were in direct contact with radioactive material, they wouldn't get much dose.

So that’s where you got your user name.

Inversion table saved my life. First time I inverted, there was a pop, I grew about ¼" and the only pain left was the muscles finally relaxing.
I have experienced the ”pop” or more like a sort of slide or slip when things move. It is GLORIOUS 🤪. I am planning to put another one at work with my director’s blessing for days when I’m walking funny. People who have never had disk trouble are absolutely blessed.

The hate is not against the vehicles themselves. As you say, even the ones today have nich that they can fill very well. It’s the force by the ruling elites saying that we have to have them, regardless of the practicality or lack of. And that force goes much deeper than short range, overly heavy, resource intensive electric road vehicles. its the need to force the herd into the barn, so the herd can be vaccinated, kept in the dark, fed shit and the undesirables eliminated.

All this is really compounded by the “elites” not having to live by their own rules. its the perfect storm for hate and without sensibility being displayed by those “elites” sooner or later, a violent explosion will take place. Lots of blood will hit the ground and that is Not a good thing.

Now Everyone NOTE: I am NOT advocating a civil war, or civil violence. Bloodshed should be the last and is always the worst way to resolve civil issues. Civil is the key word, People have to understand that it’s not just about them but it is about everyone and everyone should be given the opportunities, and not put down as “deplorables.”.
I do get that. Infrastructure won’t support a big move to electric and lots of applications for vehs are just not compatible with the current range capabilities. The idiots pushing a rapid move away from ICE are going to cause lots of damage if they get their way.

Toyota’s new Prius Prime I think is a very good example of a smart way to have your cake and eat it too. They’re quick, sip fuel and look cool. 220hp and up to 57mpg. AWD is available too. No need to plug it in but if you do it works better.

1716030845315.jpeg

1716030900354.jpeg