• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Maggie’s Funny & awesome pics, vids and memes thread (work safe, no nudity)

66F8A9DE-C90D-435C-BF08-0718C652C67F_jpe-2211053.JPG

Ahhhhhh, a full moon night with only the sound of crickets breaking the silence. Then those ol' coon dogs start up, like the sweetest ballad, their running hot on the scent. Life is good.
…as a land owner, having coon hunters come through riding mules….cutting the fence where they came in and where they went out, isn’t that exciting!

Reactions: Rich4
When I was a kid we used dogs to hunt coons, one night they "treed" a big sow on top of a wood fence post (not many trees in South Dakota), my much older cousin grabbed the sow by the tail pulled her off the post and stood on her neck until dead. In all those years of coon hunting with dogs, I never saw or heard of a coon attacking one of our dogs.

When I was a kid we used dogs to hunt coons, one night they "treed" a big sow on top of a wood fence post (not many trees in South Dakota), my much older cousin grabbed the sow by the tail pulled her off the post and stood on her neck until dead. In all those years of coon hunting with dogs, I never saw or heard of a coon attacking one of our dCrack.

Yankee coons. Probably vote democrat.

• Haha
Reactions: Lange Carabine
Coon story. We had one that camped out on our roadside porch. So, we grabbed the trap we had been using to catch armadillos and promptly caught him one night. Well, he was not real happy with us so we were kind a careful. Decided to help him find a new local that might suit his desires. (Living in the country lots of relocation options) So, we loaded him, still in the trap, in the back of our ancient Suburban and headed down a old gravel road that had a creek crossing it several miles further on. Pretty little patch of woods, nice, year round creek, good opportunities for a critter to have a good time.

Well we got to the creek, crossed the old wooden bridge and pulled over. Carefully opened the trap and he hopped out.

Crossing the old wooden bridge, on the straight and level, just walking along and then, then out of the blue the stupid thing fell off of the bridge. Splash!

Speaking of armadillo traps, We caught this SOB in the armadillo trap last thanksgiving. I pulled the short straw to relocate him. I guess I did ok, since I didn’t get sprayed. 😆

6768253A-CBF4-4C37-B125-D152538D17D8.jpeg

1640097092352.jpeg

1640097153340.jpeg

…as a land owner, having coon hunters come through riding mules….cutting the fence where they came in and where they went out, isn’t that exciting!
Jumping mules. Thats what they are for; lay a blanket over the fence, over they go. We walked everywhere and followed them in pickups through the backroads. I don't know how many miles we covered walking.

Cutting fences is bullshit. They need to have their balls kicked up in their chest for that.

I was on a mid west college rifle team in the late '70s. I was the new kid and the seniors were interviewing for jobs in the post graduation life. One told me about this meeting after one such interview. He had gone to Chicago. His family bred and trained jumping mules for coon hunting. The interviewer was from the same state and after the meeting, while at the bar, the talk turned to mules, hunting and techniques. A couple stools down one of the locals was listening in and ask just how coon hunting was done. My buddy explained how you set the dogs, followed the sound on the mules until you come across the dogs where they had the coon treed. Then shine your light into the tree until you spotted the coons eyes shinning back and shoot 'em.

Mike told me this guys eyes got pretty confused and then he asked " don't you get in trouble" ?

True story.

Thank you,
MrSmith

Speaking of armadillo traps, We caught this SOB in the armadillo trap last thanksgiving. I pulled the short straw to relocate him. I guess I did ok, since I didn’t get sprayed. 😆

View attachment 7766181

View attachment 7766182

View attachment 7766186

very cool…. I was scrolling up from the bottom of the page so saw the last pic first. My first thought was what a weird looking border collie! LOL. We happen to have two…guess my mind was pre-wired to recognize the white patch on the head!

One of ours helped me chase this one out of our backyard a couple mornings ago when I got home from work:

1427DB23-3696-4262-A740-079E75307453.jpeg

Still haven’t found where it must have burrowed under the fence to get in… May have been a gate left open at some point I suppose. That’s how we got it out; border collies are good for herding…well, all kinds of critters!

Reactions: Srgt. Hulka
You see that idiot who put a SLAP round in that weird ass designed 50 BMG single shot rifle?

(I have an issue with the rifle design and the fact that he was shooting a sabotted round in any rifle with a muzzle break not explicitly designed for sabotted rounds. I’m an exUSAF guy and I though it obvious you don’t do that…)

I did see that. Guy is very lucky.
He is INSANELY lucky to be alive. I don't really have an issue with the SLAP rounds... just shooting them out of anything but a 50 cal machine gun. I *think* they Barrets for the military may be ok... but I don't know, and wouldn't roll the dice without reading the TM.

Last edited:
He is INSANELY lucky to be alive. I don't really have an issue with the SLAP rounds... just shooting them out of anything my a 50 cal machine gun. I *think* they Barrets for the military may be ok... but I don't know, and wouldn't roll the dice without reading the TM.
IIRC, the Sabot won't let you chamber a SLAP round in a Barrett. But they make a SLAP barrel (or used to) and those were sometimes serialized to the rifle.

I *think* but am not positive... that you can't chamber a SLAP in an M82 Barrett as the sabot petals are too big for the chamber.

As for firing in any 'braked' .50... if the petals of the sabot unfurl in the brake (which they do!)... it's Good Night Irene!

Sirhr