• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Future Dad of a Marine

reeljob

Pastor
Minuteman
Jan 10, 2009
Galax, VA
My son has decided to enroll in the USMC D.E.P. with our blessing. Tomorrow he will take the ASVAB test and then his physical and begin M.E.P.S What I am asking from you all is solid advice for him as he pursues his dream. He is a very motivated young man with the discipline to accomplish whatever he sets his mind to do. Besides 03 what can you offer based upon experience? I was an Army brat but I am ignorant to the Corp. Please advise.

My info may be dated but back in my day they had a QEP... Quality Enlistment Program which guarantees rank when graduating from Boot Camp. I had no idea when I went in. It nay be something he can look into. Anything to give himself a head start.

The Corps is special and hard, much different from other branches. Id suggest looking into MOSs that will translate into civilian jobs. Aviation, and mechanic are that come to mind. Infantry is good (which I was) but doesn't really mean a job if/when his Enlistment is up.

Physical fitness will be key throughout his time in. Cutting scores for promotion will be based solidly with PT score a big factor. (Example... an enlisted buddy of mine was trying to become an officer. As he was reporting for the second portion of OCS school, he was cut on the first day for being 2 pounds overweight. Yes, 2. One of the instructors told him it was a "numbers game." This guy was also a stellar performer in the first half.

I wish him luck and Semper Fi. I look forward to welcoming him into our brotherhood when he graduates.

Which coast eill he go to? East Parris Island or west (Hollywood Marine) in San Diego? I went PI...

Ask about the Marine Corps College Fund, it is an allotment that can be contracted on top of the montgomery gi bill. Granted I was in the d.e.p. In 1999/2000. Things may have changed. I went Infantry and loved it but if he is thinking possible career he should try to utilize opportunities to complete college on the govt dime and become an officer. Opens up more options for the long haul with better pay.
The most important thing he needs to always remember is to never, ever allow the thought of giving up to take root in his mind. Some days will suck, they are all survivable. If he conducts himself honorably, doesn't get too injured, and never quits, he will earn the title of Marine, and that is something nobody can ever take away from him.
Must be a proud day in your household!

Enroll in the Roth TSP with at least 5% contributions and as soon he is able, adjust the disbursement into the indexes and out of the G fund (it all defaults to the G fund which is the worlds shittiest savings account). I began using the TSP way too late in my career and have major regrets.

PT, PT, PT than more PT.

When he wakes up in the morning and first thing has to PT he should work now to make that time his.

Most of his peers will dread PT time but if he gets in shape now he can look at those hours as all his. It will be all he can say he actually "owns" at PI or San Diego.

Have him look into Marine Security Guard Program - Great duty.

Reactions: Sniperwannabee
Both myself and my wife served in the Corps.... and our 4 boys. Their MOS's range from Airframe mechanic, logistics to the combat arms. My advice is for visitors day when you finally get some time to see him before graduation. On PI, there is always a line out the door for any dining place. Bring a picnic style lunch and actually get to spend time with your son. We always bring extra and host a few of their platoon buddies as well.

Reactions: Rstrick0352
In my personal experience (an 0311/0313) all i can say is compete with your peers, strive to attend every class offered, and don't quit. things are a ton different even in the short time since i got out (2014). Shit birds will call him a kiss ass and complain about a job they volunteered to do because it looked cool on Call of Duty, ignore the crap and push to do the job to the best of abilities. one day when he picks up NCO it will all make sense and he will have the opportunity to start leading and teaching marines, this is when everything pays off. Also there is plenty of down time in the Corps. Use this time to take CLEP exams for college as well as the offered Tuition Assistance Program the military offers. If done correctly, he could easily have a bachelors by the time his first enlistment is up. That free's up the G.I bill whenever he gets out for whatever. Get lots of tattoos, have fun, and enjoy the things he does because he WILL miss them when it's over and done with. "IT CAN ALWAYS SUCK WORSE"

Just my 2 cents but i'm just a dumb grunt. Hope he does well and be sure to send him care packages with stuff he isn't supposed to have. His D.I's will love that and they will make him stronger for it :ROFLMAO:. The brotherhood from those days really can't be replicated or replaced.

Hats off to you and your family ZZ!! A whole family of Marines! How cool is that! Many thanks for your service!!! Best of luck to your son RJ.

What are his interests and long term goals? Can’t really recommend MOS paths without knowing that.

I went in two weeks after high school with the intent of retiring. Come to find out, most who go in with a plan to retire get out and most who aren’t too enthusiastic about being in stay in for the long haul.

I got out in 2007 so I can only speak to what was applicable to my timeline. Things constantly change so take any advice you get here with that in mind. Then again, the MC is the last to change its course lol. One thing that hasn’t changed is the MC’s emphasis on PT and rifle scores. If your kid wants to get promoted on time and ahead of his peers, he needs to have a high 1st class PFT and rifle expert. After those, MCIs are the easiest way to get promotion points, plus most count for college credits via the SMART program (many military schools/education have civilian college credit equivalents). While he won’t get an actual degree and every college is different in terms of what counts for what, he could easily knock out over a year of college without taking college courses.

As for jobs, he will hate his life in the peacetime infantry more than he’ll hate it during wartime. He’ll hate his life in the conventional MC regardless, but it’s way worse when there aren’t high deployment cycles. I say this because job selection is key during the current state of things.

Infantry is great but it isn’t great when there isn’t a war to deploy constantly to. If he wants to do combat arms and he has a strong mindset and body, then he should go MARSOC. Plenty of grunts have gotten out and become successful in the civilian sector, so ignore those that may say he isn’t going to get anything out of the infantry. Just like anything, garbage in, garbage out. If you’re garbage while you’re in, you’re more likely to be garbage once you’re out. There isn’t a single MOS that guarantees you a job once you’re out. So that argument is dead.

Regardless of the job he picks, he has to have the interest and motivation to do it. So if the recruiter tells him that “hey this is all that’s open” then your son has to stand fast and tell the recruiter “no I want this one and I’ll wait for it to open.” If the recruiter ever tries to bully/push him into a field he doesn’t want to do and then tries to tell him he can just switch jobs, he needs a new recruiter.

Regardless, congrats to you and him. He’ll get out of it what he puts in it. Suck levels are subjective, but there will be plenty of times it will objectively suck lol. He just has to push through it.

My advice to him:
Be proud of the job you volunteered for, even if you come to hate it. Despite everyone claiming to be high speed ninjas, someone has to do the support work and make sure everyone gets paid. Just be proud of what you’re volunteering for and don’t embellish anything. If you’re unhappy with your situation, only you can change it. Professional development opportunities, while scarce and not widely advertised in the MC, are available to the motivated. Be the one for others to emulate and don't tread too deep into the outer edge of the regs. Best of luck.

Edit:
Almost forgot. No matter what you do or how long you’re in, make sure that you take advantage of every opportunity available to you. Because you don’t want to be that guy, who years later, does nothing but ever talk about boot camp because it was the only noteworthy thing he’s ever done. The only time it’s acceptable to share bootcamp stories is while you’re home on leave from boot camp.

Last edited:
Reactions: jasewhitehead08
It's not too late to join the coast guard or the air Force......
If you aren’t interested in going infantry or MARSOC, then the AF or CG are the only ways to go. The MC doesn’t bring anything to the table when trying to compete against them.

this but 10% trust me he wont miss it if he never knew he had it. s and c funds mirror the s&p and the DJIA. thats the way to go.

i started at 10% and slowly adjusted and added to what i save as i got promoted. have him take the time to do the math and figure out what he actually needs to live, which isnt much, put some in roth tsp, and open a individual account with a broker and put it on auto deposit on the 1st and 15th.

the military now matches contributions up to 5% so do at least 5%

Enroll in the Roth TSP with at least 5% contributions and as soon he is able, adjust the disbursement into the indexes and out of the G fund (it all defaults to the G fund which is the worlds shittiest savings account). I began using the TSP way too late in my career and have major regrets.

this as well

Regardless of the job he picks, he has to have the interest and motivation to do it. So if the recruiter tells him that “hey this is all that’s open” then your son has to stand fast and tell the recruiter “no I want this one and I’ll wait for it to open.” If the recruiter ever tries to bully/push him into a field he doesn’t want to do and then tries to tell him he can just switch jobs, he needs a new recruiter.

there are a lot of new jobs that we need filled that tailor to the younger generation.

17xx field is cyberspace so if he has attention to detail and likes computers that could be a good field and it is just starting up so even the leaders are new to it. could set him up for some interesting opportunities and he would definitely get ts clearance so

02XX field is intel so again if he has attention to detail and likes computers could be a good field. and he can later lat move to 0211 counter intel if he likes to talk to people and wants to get out more in the field and do "Marine things"

26xx field signals intel and electronic warfare. also has some very interesting jobs

Im an imagery analyst and was an avi electrician before that. i really enjoy what i do.

avi electronics is a good field as well. but it is usually a broad contract you sign and there are a shit ton of jobs you may get. the other fields you can usually pick because they are score dependent

if he doesnt do well on the asvab have him take a prep course and retake it. dont just settle unless he is qualled for what he wants.

just let him know that boot camp is all just a mind game and most of the dumb stuff you have to do is actually just mental and is to establish the discipline to not question and just do what you are told.

there are certain things that are for a reason but they wont tell you the reason until weeks or months later when you need to do it. ex holding a cup in the chow hall with 2 hands relates to the way they want you to hold a grenade at follow on training after boot camp.

as otheres have said just keep a positive attitude both during and especially after boot camp. when they say hey i need someone for this (fill in the blank) volunteer before they fill in the blank. these are they guys that we look at for meritorious promotion and when something cool or fun comes up we put there names down first.

make the best of whatever duty station he ends up at. i dont know how you manage to hate living on Miramar but people do it.

best of luck to him

go Airforce if he wants better ammenities

coast gaurd does some pretty legit stuff as well

navy if he is gay. / jk Sea duty can really get to some people though.

we all get the same benefits so dont let the recruiter use those as a way to sway one service vs another.

talk to all the services

rambling done

I appreciate each and every one of you gentlemen who have taken the time to respond. I believe my son has what it takes. For months he has gotten out of bed early to hit the gym before school and been dedicated to his fitness. He holds a great GPA at school and has motivation seldom seen by today's youths standards.
He took his ASVAB today and scored 50 with a 104 GT. I have sent him the link to thia page for his review.
Once again, thank you!
Barry

Let him know bulking up with muscle wont help him.

Lots of running, perhaps ruck with some weight on his back, situps, pullups.

Be able to toss and control your own body weight with ease. Muscle is good but you also have to carry it and feed it. "Wiry" will outperform "bulky" when it comes to endurance tests.

In my day you could kip and twenty pull ups was pretty easy - now a days they are actually lifting body weight twenty times on the pull up - no kip.

Recruiters will do some shit.

I wanted to be 0311 and requested a guaranteed Infantry MOS.

Recruiter said "You got it"

When I went to MEPs to get processed for enlistment (7 months before leaving for Boot) I saw I was signed up in a "Combat Arms" bracket (Tanks, AAV, Artillery, Infantry).

That gave me a 25% chance of getting what I wanted and having did pretty good on my ASVAB I might have went to something more technical - Great //im an AAV crewman throwing up in a diesel puking track.

Anyway I saw there was a bracket that had Infantry only - Rifleman, Machine Gunner, Mortars, Dragons/Tows.

I told the processing Marine to change my bracket to Infantry only or I wasnt signing and he did.

My recruiter was pissed - Im guessing the USMC prefers "Options" if they can get you to sign up for something more open ended.

My ASVAB got me a job as a Dragon - I carried a Riflemans load plus a 25 pound missile, sometimes two and a tracker at 5-10 pounds.

So much for being smart and getting what you wished for.

Reactions: reeljob
I appreciate each and every one of you gentlemen who have taken the time to respond. I believe my son has what it takes. For months he has gotten out of bed early to hit the gym before school and been dedicated to his fitness. He holds a great GPA at school and has motivation seldom seen by today's youths standards.
He took his ASVAB today and scored 50 with a 104 GT. I have sent him the link to thia page for his review.
Once again, thank you!
Barry

No problem man. If I may give one more piece of advice... Have him retake the ASVAB. I do not mean this is derogatory way at all, so please don't take it that way.

Have him study and retake it for a higher score. The scores are what determines his options in terms of jobs and schools both now, and throughout his entire career. This also comes into play if he leaves the MC and joins another branch or wants to go warrant or officer down the line. The recruiter may say those scores are high enough for what he wants to do, but you DO NOT want to be limited in your choices/options. Now is the time to study and retest while it is fresh in his head, not when he's in the fleet and wanting to drop a packet or go to a specialty school/follow-on training. There are various other scores within the ASVAB breakdown that also must be met for certain jobs. Best plan of action is to look at every job he even has a slight interest in and pull up the requirements. He can google this but the best way to get accurate info is to have the recruiter pull it up in the office.

Some will say that he can get an ASVAB waiver to attend a course/speciality school, but they are betting on a chance that may not exist. School seats are extremely competitive within the MC, unless you're on the unconventional side, which he doesn't qualify for due to his GT score. Many intel and tech gigs, sniper school, ranger school, MARSOC, etc all require 105 or higher GT scores to even be considered (anything 110 or higher is where you want to be in order to not be limited on the enlisted side). Even some SSPs won't accept you if you don't meet the 105 for school because it isn't worth wasting the platoon's seat on someone who doesn't meet the minimum requirements to attend school. While everything in the military is competitive when it comes to careers and professional development, no one comes close to the competition within the MC because of the limited resources and opportunities.

Lastly, 90% of recruiters are lying scumbags. Many didn't start that way, but the pressure that the greenie weenie puts on them to produce numbers (in an era and country that already has a low recruitment and retention rate) turns them into that. The recruiter will say anything to get you to boot camp. Even when you have stuff in writing, it can still screw you lol. I left AD and went into the reserves to do a different gig and I signed my bonus paperwork. Got all settled in and spoke with the admin peeps and sure enough, the MOS didn't have a bonus for the reserves (only active was getting them at the time). I referenced my bonus paperwork and they said that it wasn't valid or applicable. Don't the recruiters force your son into anything, even with seemingly small things.

While @pmclaine is right to an extent, there is nothing wrong with hitting the gym prior. Muscle mass is usually cut (drastically lol) while in boot as he will be exerting way more than he consuming, that and boot camp isn't anything that strenuous (physically or mentally). I know that this may trigger the "back in my day" comments from some, but it isn't and wasn't. This goes back to my "boot camp stories shouldn't be a thing post boot leave" point. There are recreational adventure events that are more physically and mentally demanding that boot camp. That being said, what does matter is having a durable chassis that can move under load while keeping a clear head. Also, if he is planning on going combat arms, make sure he is incorporating some time in the pool swimming. This will also be a factor in terms of what opportunities he is eligible for in the future (if that's a path that interests him)...Plus comfort in the water needs to be a thing regardless.

Best of luck and trust me, push him to retake it to get that GT score up.

?

@8541Reaper thank you,it appears thats exactly where we are at. Already promised a waiver for a 105 while Dad, me, is encouraging him to retake the test. You are spot on! Thank you sir!

Reactions: M8541Reaper
No problem man. If I may give one more piece of advice... Have him retake the ASVAB. I do not mean this is derogatory way at all, so please don't take it that way.

Have him study and retake it for a higher score. The scores are what determines his options in terms of jobs and schools both now, and throughout his entire career. This also comes into play if he leaves the MC and joins another branch or wants to go warrant or officer down the line. The recruiter may say those scores are high enough for what he wants to do, but you DO NOT want to be limited in your choices/options. Now is the time to study and retest while it is fresh in his head, not when he's in the fleet and wanting to drop a packet or go to a specialty school/follow-on training. There are various other scores within the ASVAB breakdown that also must be met for certain jobs. Best plan of action is to look at every job he even has a slight interest in and pull up the requirements. He can google this but the best way to get accurate info is to have the recruiter pull it up in the office.

Some will say that he can get an ASVAB waiver to attend a course/speciality school, but they are betting on a chance that may not exist. School seats are extremely competitive within the MC, unless you're on the unconventional side, which he doesn't qualify for due to his GT score. Many intel and tech gigs, sniper school, ranger school, MARSOC, etc all require 105 or higher GT scores to even be considered (anything 110 or higher is where you want to be in order to not be limited on the enlisted side). Even some SSPs won't accept you if you don't meet the 105 for school because it isn't worth wasting the platoon's seat on someone who doesn't meet the minimum requirements to attend school. While everything in the military is competitive when it comes to careers and professional development, no one comes close to the competition within the MC because of the limited resources and opportunities.

Lastly, 90% of recruiters are lying scumbags. Many didn't start that way, but the pressure that the greenie weenie puts on them to produce numbers (in an era and country that already has a low recruitment and retention rate) turns them into that. The recruiter will say anything to get you to boot camp. Even when you have stuff in writing, it can still screw you lol. I left AD and went into the reserves to do a different gig and I signed my bonus paperwork. Got all settled in and spoke with the admin peeps and sure enough, the MOS didn't have a bonus for the reserves (only active was getting them at the time). I referenced my bonus paperwork and they said that it wasn't valid or applicable. Don't the recruiters force your son into anything, even with seemingly small things.

While @pmclaine is right to an extent, there is nothing wrong with hitting the gym prior. Muscle mass is usually cut (drastically lol) while in boot as he will be exerting way more than he consuming, that and boot camp isn't anything that strenuous (physically or mentally). I know that this may trigger the "back in my day" comments from some, but it isn't and wasn't. This goes back to my "boot camp stories shouldn't be a thing post boot leave" point. There are recreational adventure events that are more physically and mentally demanding that boot camp. That being said, what does matter is having a durable chassis that can move under load while keeping a clear head. Also, if he is planning on going combat arms, make sure he is incorporating some time in the pool swimming. This will also be a factor in terms of what opportunities he is eligible for in the future (if that's a path that interests him)...Plus comfort in the water needs to be a thing regardless.

Best of luck and trust me, push him to retake it to get that GT score up.

?

awesome awesome awesome point on the pool

@8541Reaper thank you,it appears thats exactly where we are at. Already promised a waiver for a 105 while Dad, me, is encouraging him to retake the test. You are spot on! Thank you sir!
No problem!
I've seen this to a few dudes I went to HS with. They had big plans but their scores stopped them from even taking the first step.

follow your last order first and your first, last...
and shut the f up.

and please, for the love of god, tell him not to be one of those guys, that ask dumb ass questions at the end of an instructional period
that holds everyone there longer.
i wanted to poke my eyes out w some the time wasting dumb shit i heard marines ask

Trust me he is not a question man, I can already pictured him rolling his eyes with you lol

The Corp can be what ever he makes it. There are lots of opportunities to be had. The 9 years I had in are some of the best of my life. He will navigate good and bad individuals. Mine was air wing and field training at MCRD Camp Pendleton. The retirement investment advice is spot on. That didn't exists while I was in.

My son has decided to enroll in the USMC D.E.P. with our blessing. Tomorrow he will take the ASVAB test and then his physical and begin M.E.P.S What I am asking from you all is solid advice for him as he pursues his dream. He is a very motivated young man with the discipline to accomplish whatever he sets his mind to do. Besides 03 what can you offer based upon experience? I was an Army brat but I am ignorant to the Corp. Please advise.
The military is easy, they tell you what to do and you do it. only problem you need to worry about is the advice you get by asking parenting questions online concerning your adult son. If he's smart he will find everything he needs along the way.

@Iwillyliketoshoot he is not yet an adult and I value the wisdom of those on this site who have contributed. They have offered him wisdom that comes from knowledge of the time they have served.
No sir, I disagree there is no such thing as an easy job.
Unless you have something of value to share, KEEP SCROLLING!

Reactions: Slash0311
@Iwillyliketoshoot he is not yet an adult and I value the wisdom of those on this site who have contributed. They have offered him wisdom that comes from knowledge of the time they have served.
No sir, I disagree there is no such thing as an easy job.
Unless you have something of value to share, KEEP SCROLlING!
It's of value. I got a lot of advice before I left and it was all wrong or outdated. The worst thing you can do is try to direct him from second hand knowledge you get online. Let him follow his gut he'll figure it out.

Reactions: oneshot86
Yes, wish someone had told me a thing or two before I went in.

I had to skip school day after my 18th birthday as Mom parent wouldnt sign me earlier.

Handed Mom my yellow sheet that night and she said "You are a fucking idiot!"

Now she thinks its the greatest thing and first words out of her mouth 30 some odd years later are "He is a Marine" when introducing me to people.

Last edited:
Reactions: oneshot86
It's of value. I got a lot of advice before I left and it was all wrong or outdated. The worst thing you can do is try to direct him from second hand knowledge you get online. Let him follow his gut he'll figure it out.

First enlistment is wasted.

Too young, too dumb in most cases.

Just about the time EAS kicks in you actually have the skills/mentality to work the game.

PT, PT, PT

Dont go in EVERY bar.

Chicks will screw you over.

Save money and seek educational opportunities.

Timeless advice.

Just about the time EAS kicks in you actually have the skills/mentality to work the game.

PT, PT, PT

Dont go in EVERY bar.

Timeless advice.
You forgot “marry a stripper and buy a mustang.” lol

Wait, shit, I forgot if they said to do that or not do that. Eh, everyone is doing it so I guess it’s the right thing to do.

PT, PT, PT

Dont go in EVERY bar.

Timeless advice.
Absolutely! That is all great advice, If you can get it through a teenagers head.

He is not an adult yet, up to this point I have 17 years invested in one of my greatest possessions, my son. I don't easily accept the fact that I may be trading my son for a flag on the mantle. I would gladly make whatever sacrifice is needed for thia country but the subject of thia discussion is not me but my son.
He has what it takes I do believe. Since he began driving, before the Corps was ever on his mind, he has gotten up before the rooster to hit the gym, shower and make school on time. He is driven, motivated, and smart. He will not let myself, his mother, or his girlfriend sway him in his decision. My job is to seek advice from those who have been there or are currently there to offer aound wisdom that he may employ if he so desires. Yes, proud father of a dynamic young man who will be successful in whatever endeavors he pursues. All advice is appreciated.
Yes, the military will tell him what to do and when to do it. It is an admirable occupation, I believe in God and Country and will support him in anything he does.
Once again, thank you for all your wisdom and kind words.

Raise those scores and go back. Get the high score maxed out then sign for a Network Communications MOS. Go through bootcamp, School of Infantry, then MOS school.

After a year or two at the 1st duty station networking computers there should be opportunity to try out for battalion recon or other special infantry skill if he wants to lat move into the infantry. This will give him time to physically train to pass any indoctrination needed. May require extra time commitment. But do that a couple years and after that he should at that point be able to fall back into his network MOS should he decide to do so later.

Do that and he will have enough skill and real working experience to earn as much as most Majors in the civilian workforce after 4-6 years. Or stay in and retire then get job in the civilian sector.

Verify all that before making it your plan though.

Good fortune to the young man!

He is not an adult yet, up to this point I have 17 years invested in one of my greatest possessions, my son. I don't easily accept the fact that I may be trading my son for a flag on the mantle. I would gladly make whatever sacrifice is needed for thia country but the subject of thia discussion is not me but my son.
He has what it takes I do believe. Since he began driving, before the Corps was ever on his mind, he has gotten up before the rooster to hit the gym, shower and make school on time. He is driven, motivated, and smart. He will not let myself, his mother, or his girlfriend sway him in his decision. My job is to seek advice from those who have been there or are currently there to offer aound wisdom that he may employ if he so desires. Yes, proud father of a dynamic young man who will be successful in whatever endeavors he pursues. All advice is appreciated.
Yes, the military will tell him what to do and when to do it. It is an admirable occupation, I believe in God and Country and will support him in anything he does.
Once again, thank you for all your wisdom and kind words.

If he is that good.......and I dont doubt he is.......he has three future paths.

1. He uses his first enlistment to get into a MECEP program or whatever they call it now and gets a commission.

2. He desires to become the shit hot, hard corps NCO that despite the Commissioned officers thinking they run the Corps it is the hard experienced NCO that actually weilds the power.

3. He uses his enlistment in the Marine Corps to become some entrepreneur, a high horsepower manager, or that dependable worker that changes the world.

Good job Dad! You put your kid on the road to a promising future

Both sons was signed up delayed enlistment asap, thier choice our blessings.
One drilled weekends local before basic in the army for nearly a year.

The other went to ranger ronnie's (school ) at the boy scout ranch.
We always assumed (ranger Ronnie ) was his scout rank,
That was not the case as his name came from military service.
The ranch was 20 miles long and his primary transportation was a bicycle.

One day along with all kinds of crazy pig roping adventures (yes), shooting the 308 at lr etc.
He had to dig out a outhouse in 100 degree heat, mostly rock a new hole was not going to happen.

He told ranger ronnie it was the worst thing he ever had to do.
He was told the military would probably not top that task and would laugh at the others in training. Was true.

While he should spend a lot of time training his body someone should spend time
Giving him hell. Not family would be best because it's different that way.

Have a good discusion about his mos / job choice, it will follow him forever.

Your recruiter was a slacker and didn't tell you about that shit... :unsure:

Hope all is well brother!

Reactions: Rstrick0352