• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

GA Precision M1A

Independent

Independent
Minuteman
Mar 25, 2006
Denver, Colorado
Looking for an idea on value for a used in great condition GAP M1A bedded in a Mcmillan M3A.
Stainless match barrel with unknown round count.

Years back I would have had a more accurate idea but it has been a while for M1A's and if I remember GAP isn't doing these anymore.

any help would be great.
Thanks

Last edited:
There was one that went unsold a couple times on Gunbroker at $2499. It looked really clean. Was curious myself and very surprised no one placed a bid, but at same time figure with the AR being such a popular platform today the M1A's just be less popular.

Think you would be hard pressed to get a quality M1 and the McMillan stock for $2,000, so would think its worth at least that. Honestly didn't think the starting bid of $2499 was out of line if someone was looking for one.

Thanks for the reply. I agree you wouldn't find one at 2k. I was thinking value would be around $3500-$3800 range. Anyone else have any thoughts?

Have a search through the PX here on the Hide. They come up for sale on occasion and usually bring good money for ones that are in good shape (which it sounds as though your sample is). As for GAP not doing them any longer...I know that they are focusing on other projects including the GAP-10 series rifles, but I don't know that they wouldn't put you in line if you really wanted them to work over an M1A. Best check with Ken or other folks at GAP to see if you can determine if they have 100% stopped all M1A work.

As for GunBroker, etc., if you search over there, but sure you log in and run a search for COMPLETED (i.e. - SOLD) auctions for which I think you can go back a long ways to see what you can find. Seems to me that the last one I saw sell over there actually SOLD for ~$2500, but don't quote me on that and I certainly don't recall its condition, etc. to give you a better idea of specifics.

Good luck!

Here is the one I was talking about on Gunbroker from the past two weeks. This is the first auction that went without at bid at $2,500, and has a link to the subsequent auction with same result. Both were offered without reserve. Looked like one heck of a gun and again, was very surprised no one bid.

Gorgeous GA Precision Springfield M1A .308 Win : Semi Auto Rifles at GunBroker.com

That's the one I was thinking of in my post above that sold for $2500. If you click through to the relisting from your link above, it was sold with a buy-it-now price of $2500. See this link for that sale: Gorgeous GA Precision Springfield M1A .308 Win : Semi Auto Rifles at GunBroker.com

Does everyone on here live in Fairy Tale Town, used M1A with unknown round count, worth more than a new one. As visions of sugar plums dance through your head.

Does everyone on here live in Fairy Tale Town, used M1A with unknown round count, worth more than a new one. As visions of sugar plums dance through your head.

It's probably a safe bet considering most people do not shoot their .308s enough to wear out the barrel.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply. I agree you wouldn't find one at 2k. I was thinking value would be around $3500-$3800 range. Anyone else have any thoughts?

Yeah 3500$ for an M1A=fuck no I don't care who built it. Even on m14 forums they don't go for that. I would say 1800 with some mags would be a good buddy deal and 2500 would not be out of line for a public sale price.

Yeah 3500$ for an M1A=fuck no I don't care who built it. Even on m14 forums they don't go for that. I would say 1800 with some mags would be a good buddy deal and 2500 would not be out of line for a public sale price.

Considering what you can have with $3500 worth of budget toward a large frame AR-platform rifle that will outshine more or less any M1A made (including a GAP-10...cough, cough, cough), I wholeheartedly agree that $3500, regardless of the rifle's provenance, limited availability, etc., is nuts (but then again...I'm not a big M1A aficionado like some folks who seem to be willing to pay outrageous premiums for them and its not my wallet doing the bleeding for it). The ones I linked to above with just representative examples I could find for the OP, but one thing is sure...the market seems willing to bear at least $2500 for a GAP built M1A at this time (within the last week). I'd be interested to know from kmussack (the seller of the GAP M1A here on the Hide at the beginning of this year in a NY fire sale) what he finally got out of the one he sold within 48hrs of listing it which was posted for $3500. Now, not knowing key details like round count, etc. will hurt the OP's price somewhat, but I'd venture a guess that it won't be more than a 10-15% reduction in price from others in reasonably like/similar condition.