• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Game ears or whatever you use

cornhusker

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 10, 2012
Towandaa,Pa
I'm not sure rather to ask here or not but figured someone here would know..I already use hearing aids..
I want to hunt with my 44 this year and it is ported so I know it's gonna be loud if I get a shot..
Anyone know of a good ear muff or what ever I can use to protect my already bad hearing? Thanks

Last edited:
I’ve used the Howard Leight impact muffs for years coyote hunting and shooting steel.
They’re nice for hearing distant hits and talking.

I do mostly night hog thermal hunting and have relied on Walkers. They are affordable, carry a one year warranty and they will swap them at no charge --yeah i'm pretty tough on them at night

I’ve hunted with the msa sordin prior to picking up silynx claris in ear setup and never once got shot.

Now my interest is piqued....I’ve always been interested in inner ear electronics. Where do I start? What’s the investment, how long do they stay charged? Any recommendations?

i use both foam plugs and muffs when i am shooting something loud (or indoors).

Howard Leigh impact here also they sound Better the pelted Tactical’s I used to use

I been using the Peltor TEP-100 for about 3 years now to shoot sporting clays and waterfowl hunting. They are inner ear and have electronic noise canceling and sound magnification when just talking. They are very convenient as they recharge as soon as you plug them back in their case. For $250 they are hard to beat I think.

I was just using the MSA Sordins by themselves, but I now use the Otto in ears with the Sordins over those. Best of both worlds. I’ve been shooting and RO’ing PRS matches and this combination is very effective. No ringing ears after the matches.
The picture is a new set, just in case I loose my original ones.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    404.6 KB · Views: 29
I run the Sport Ear brand. In ear with 4 levels of amplification and effective noise suppression while shooting. I wear them at the range in in comps, and they are very comfortable. They have several levels available and are all custom fit for your ear. Mine took about 23 weeks from shipping ear mold to at my door.