• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Garand thumb Mud test: The SCAR/KAC Redemption

I was pretty impressed by the LMT…hurts to watch him just crank off rounds into the berm, because there’s no such thing as cheap 6.5CM these days…

M14 fans are like Biden voters....

Attachments

• 271485644_10224704677796895_4840590636892930712_n.jpg
    271485644_10224704677796895_4840590636892930712_n.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 66
😆😆😆

They refuse to believe what their eyes see. I linked a test Ian did and it showed the M14 failing miserably and a well known member said Am I supposed to believe that because it's on the internet? This was on Arfcom, I bet if someone linked those on the M14 forum they would get banned. Oh well, ignorance is bliss....

Reactions: RUTGERS95
I was pretty impressed by the LMT…hurts to watch him just crank off rounds into the berm, because there’s no such thing as cheap 6.5CM these days…
agree, it went right through all that mud on the side too. I think they forgot that at the end

Reactions: Bluedog82
Check out the mud tests by InRange. The AK and M1 choking are not new or unexpected…

Reactions: LRRPF52
I would be curious what exactly caused the M1A to fail so readily.

I also would like to see the fired cases from the Galil...

I'm honestly impressed the AKs ran with the safety off when he shook off the exterior mud, considering the large the gaps in the receiver. Ultimately mud will defeat any open receiver. Even a Mauser will fail:

The KAC was F'ing hilarious to watch brass pop out from a brick of mud and lock back like a boss. I admit I was a little nervous 😉

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220131-101146_Photos.jpg
    Screenshot_20220131-101146_Photos.jpg
    178.9 KB · Views: 255
  • Screenshot_20220131-101056_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20220131-101056_YouTube.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 80
  • Screenshot_20220131-101101_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20220131-101101_YouTube.jpg
    174 KB · Views: 286
  • Haha
Reactions: Naaman
Another stupid uncontrolled publicity stunt just like the sprinkling water on and letting it freeze. Get a dunk tank full of soupy mud so each rifle gets the exact same consistency.

Lol, I can see how you would think that but no I actually don't own any of those particular rifles. Other than a standard ARs.

This was more realistic than the freezing test. He was very clear that this wasn’t scientific, and not a be all/end all. As someone who has had to drag their rifle through TN mud, this test could ring true to a degree. Now, I would do my damndest to swipe the mud off the dust cover before firing but as to how a rifle could get some shit smashed into the receiver, I could see this. The chances of me having this happen in a situation where I would be forced to fire while filthy is almost certainly not going to happen.

Last edited:
" There I was , sling'n lead at the Cong. I shouted to Sir Charles as I lay waste with my Sweet 16 : "Eat this you bastards ! " .

" Just then as I ran from fox hole to fox hole - I fell right next to a punji pit -- right on top of my Sweet Sharleen . Her gaping hole exposed to the dirt of that hellish land where Charlie don't surf . I shook her clean , struck her forward assist and made every yellow bastard pay for her shameful mud bath. "

" On this day - Eugene would have been proud ! ......."

ha love it

I may be the only person in the world that zero, absolutely zero interest in the scars but you know the AK people are on life support after watching that lol
not the only, my buddy has one (17S) and I found the recoil to be snappy and unpleasant compared with pretty much any other .308 or 6.5 cm gas gun I’ve shot. Which is a bit odd, considering my favorite rifle is my MDRX and they share a lot of basic similarities.

I can see why people like them, but definitely not for me.

Reactions: RUTGERS95
Not an AK fan, but didn’t expect that to happen. Was fairly certain the ar would be out in the first 2 minutes of the video.