• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gauging interest in 25 caliber ammo

Which 25 caliber

• 25 creedmoor

Votes: 41 87.2%
  • 25x47 Lapua

Votes: 9 19.1%

• Total voters

Feniks Technologies

Premium Ammunition and Loading Supplies
Supporter
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 14, 2021
South Texas
We have some ammo heading to testers next week. So, shortly ammo will start trickling out. Gauging interest in 25 caliber.

Mostly would be with Lapua brass and Berger bullets. Though some Hornady might not be out of question for some cost saving to the consumer.

Please vote on the options. If there’s another 25 variant you’d like, post it and any info you’d like with it.

Thanks

I'm interested in a .25 creed for my next chambering. My criteria would be to push a 135 Berger LRHT at 3k fps with a stable powder.

My initial thoughts with 25cm, would be to possibly offer two speeds. 2800-2850 somewhere and a ~3k.

The difference between the two isn’t that much if you run the numbers. But we understand that some want to squeeze anything they can out of it and that’s a very valid opinion.

Reactions: TEUFEL820
FULL SEND!
IMG_0751.jpg

My initial thoughts with 25cm, would be to possibly offer two speeds. 2800-2850 somewhere and a ~3k.

The difference between the two isn’t that much if you run the numbers. But we understand that some want to squeeze anything they can out of it and that’s a very valid opinion.
3k would be super hot imo.

In my experience, 3 different 25cm barrels, have another getting cut soon. 26" barrels with 131/135 will node out 2880-2920 depending on the particular barrel or brass capacity. The next node up is 3k fps, and I could run that with lapua srp brass rl16 in my 28" barrel without preasure. I wast far off from psi signs tho in hot weather.

3k with lapua brass/SRP and a 26" barrel isn't super hot. It is on the hot side but it isn't even a heavy bolt lift in some cases. I'm shooting these 135s between 2770 and 2800 and the black jacks a little faster but I did shoot some in dead of NC summer at the 3k mark and didn't have a heavy bolt lift. You're not going to get many loadings out of your brass that way but it isn't dangerous. Again, with the right brass, powder, and barrel length.

Biggest advantage you get from running them fast is energy on target for hunting. I have 0 interest in running these bullets that fast in a match setting. I like running them slow. The BC makes up for the slower velocity, they are trace monsters, and im not beating up my brass or barrel.

However, once I get my tikka 25cm barrel for next hunting season, I'm going to hot rod the shit out of that bullet.

We have some ammo heading to testers next week. So, shortly ammo will start trickling out. Gauging interest in 25 caliber.

Mostly would be with Lapua brass and Berger bullets. Though some Hornady might not be out of question for some cost saving to the consumer.

Please vote on the options. If there’s another 25 variant you’d like, post it and any info you’d like with it.

Thanks
Necking Lapua brass up or down?

I was exploring .25 cal as a possibility a year or two ago, posted a thread on it.
Hunting applications- sure. Issue for me is not nearly enough high BC VLD's to make it viable for LR target.
Why the relative lack of bullets? Probably marketing like so much in this industry. I wouldn't be surprised if the quarterbores gained traction if the bullets were there for it, I see no reason why not (?)

I was exploring .25 cal as a possibility a year or two ago, posted a thread on it.
Hunting applications- sure. Issue for me is not nearly enough high BC VLD's to make it viable for LR target.
Why the relative lack of bullets? Probably marketing like so much in this industry. I wouldn't be surprised if the quarterbores gained traction if the bullets were there for it, I see no reason why not (?)

The market for fast twist, high BC, heavy .257s is still in its infancy. If Sierra would get off their asses and make BlackJacks bullets that they're contracted to do (just like Tubbs 6mms), then there will be a number of options. Their 131s, the Berger 135s, and I think there are 2 or 3 different .25s that BlackJack designed that are ready to be made. Others will catch on. The Civil unrest, covid, and election was not good for a new caliber bullet to take off and gain traction.

I have a 25cal barrel on order currently. I'm leaning toward 25 Creedmoor but 25x47 is an option at this point as well. A friend already has the reamer.

The market for fast twist, high BC, heavy .257s is still in its infancy. If Sierra would get off their asses and make BlackJacks bullets that they're contracted to do (just like Tubbs 6mms), then there will be a number of options. Their 131s, the Berger 135s, and I think there are 2 or 3 different .25s that BlackJack designed that are ready to be made. Others will catch on. The Civil unrest, covid, and election was not good for a new caliber bullet to take off and gain traction.
Sierra has been lacking. I have been waiting a long time for DTACs. I'm sure Blackjack is having the same problem. They only solution for high bc .25 bullets is Berger and they are becoming scarce. One of the reasons I'm hesitant chambering a .25 cal.

Sierra has been lacking. I have been waiting a long time for DTACs. I'm sure Blackjack is having the same problem. They only solution for high bc .25 bullets is Berger and they are becoming scarce. One of the reasons I'm hesitant chambering a .25 cal.
Blackjack is getting hosed. They expected bullets in fall of 2020. May have even been earlier than that actually. If you want their bullets, put in a backorder.

The bergers come in waves like all their product. I just bought 2k 135’s a few months ago.