• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gen X parents have lost their minds

The article says she hit him while she was doing 87mph, or standard interstate speed for a shitbox Altima
Also attempted CPR she’s a dumb ass kid not a cold-blooded murderer

I own a 2011 Corvette Grand Sport. It's been dyno'd at 515HP at the rear wheels after some mods and a tune.

These are NOT kids cars, the power is utterly amazing. I've had it up to 175 on an airport runway, with throttle still left.

Arizona girl, 18, is arrested 'after killing married park ranger dad riding his Harley while she drove brand new Chevrolet Corvette that costs up to $140,000 at 155mph'

I've been following the story..
hit the motorcycle at 87mph. Typical left lane (HOV) speed on 60 at that time of night.
they still haven't reported, who bought it for her or who it was registered to.
thoughts go out to the innocent guy who died, just out riding.

Reactions: lash
Gen-X checking in. My wife and I made a deal with our kids: they take care of school and we'd take care of everything else. Bought my son an '88 Mustang GT for his 16th b-day. Really, only bought it because I got a great price on it. Our daughter got a new Malibu. We paid for their college, too.

Not all kids are fuckups. They held up their end. And they both drive like little old ladies! Son was afraid of that Mustang.

Son's.
Ly7aDaI.jpg

Daughter's.
W9RnYzj.jpg
I didn't realize they handed those out for kids who are home schooled. ;)

Many years ago the Danforth bill was pushed to outlaw superbikes.
If memory serves there was a tax/restriction on bikes over 700cc.
Some "important" politician's kid bought a 1000cc bike and smashed it into the side of a van.
Similar on 2/4 stroke 3/4 wheelers around 89'.
Honda took a beating on that.
Ya spends yer coin and takes yer chances.

R

Reactions: Yasherka and lash
I jumped some shit box Chevy 700 dollar 2 door coupe off the end of a t-turn about 100ft into a field at about 70mph. I watched t posts flying past in the head lights one time to as a slid it sideways down a dirt road at 80mph. 2.8l fuel injected v-6. Probably 2000hp on ak47mikes boat dyno. 🤣🤣🤣

I think it's pretty sad the way the news goes about sympathizing one situation and trying to gas light another.

Just because you weren’t capable didn’t mean it couldn’t be done. Magically lots of folks figured it out even then.

This all read’s exactly like every GS owner. The midlife crisis corvette jokes definitely ring true. It’s the car version of fudds usually.

“That Glock is dangerous normal folks can’t handle not having a thumb and back strap safety!”
Okay, you're jealous of those who buy vettes.

Gotcha.

I waited till the Army to see how fast shit would go...and then only with the Army's stuff...M577, M151, M561, M60a1. You could total a tank and only lose two month's pay, and you could usually get out of that by saying" it was like that when I got it". I think 50 mph down a tank trail at Graf in a M577 beats the hell out of a Corvette at 155. The Army is also an excellent place to blow stuff up and see just exactly what effect weapons have on various stuff.
2016-01-16 17.33.20.jpg

bart didn't do it.jpg

1711656955230.png

Last edited:
I waited till the Army to see how fast shit would go...and then only with the Army's stuff...M577, M151, M577, M561, M60a1. You could total a tank and only lose two month's pay, and you could usually get out of that by saying" it was like that when I got it". I think 50 mph down a tank trail at Graf in a M577 beats the hell out of a Corvette at 155. The Army is also an excellent place to blow stuff up and see just what exactly effect weapons have on various stuff.
View attachment 8383564

View attachment 8383570
I had a buddy who said, "nothing's better than smashing through 6" trees in a tank. Total Rush". His only regret were cars.. there were no cars on the training course.

My sons took turns driving a S-10 with 240,000 miles in HS. I said that’s what you get, take it or leave it.

Both are responsible men now.

My sons took turns driving a S-10 with 240,000 miles in HS. I said that’s what you get, take it or leave it.

Both are responsible men now.
Give me a fucking break lol. The vehicle you drive has little to do with being a responsible adult.

this coming from someone who had to rebuild their first vehicle from the ground up. it didn’t even have working gauges most of the time it was driven.

So what are YOU driving that'll hit 180 and corners like a slot car?
You still aren’t making corvettes sound cool.

180 isn’t a huge feat either. Do it in 1/4 mile and I’ll be somewhat impressed.

When I was 18 I bought a 1982 Anniversary edition Vette, kept it 6 months. I put 900ish miles on it. I got a great deal on it, but I couldn't drive it all the way to my house on the ranch, hell, couldn't drive it across the cattle guard. I kept it parked at my grandparents house in their garage. Collector heard about it and offered me a 1981 Trans Am with the factory T-10 and only had 630 miles on it and cash. I kept that for 6 - 8 months and sold it to a friend of mine who's daughter still has it today.

I bought my step daughter a new Kia Forte coupe to drive to school, lasted 23 days before she was in an accident that totaled it, it was deemed it wasn't her fault thankfully. She was most likely distracted, another girl in the car and another kid pulled out in front of her. I think she could have avoided the wreck had she not been yapping with the girl. She got a Rav 4 with 245k on the odometer after that.

I live near a private school and 2 large public high schools, the vehicles some of these kids drive are insane, I wonder how the families pay for them and their own vehicles to drive, maybe I am just a tight ass, but damn. Maybe there's logic behind it, safety and reliability.

The entrance to my addition is blocked almost daily with an accident at the main entrance, the majority of the time, it's a teenager/young person involved. Cross street comes from between the two public high schools. The intersection at the next light up is at the private school, there is the remnants of a wreck weekly at that intersection.

Those little "Please be patient, new driver" magnets aren't cutting it.

It is if it its on a road. That's a a mile every 20 seconds or 100 yards a second. Shit happens VERY FAST at those speeds.

I've owned a lot of fast cars. Driven them faster and harder than most. And done some really dumb things with them. I was fortunate not to kill anyone or hurt anyone. But that was only luck. Not my skill.

My kids will get Subarus.

Reactions: Mcrider55

I'm not trying to make Corvettes sound "cool". In this day, there are LOTS a damn fast cars. The Vettes are at American made and can run with some of the fastest Euro cars around.

Fast on the 1/4? I ran with a NHRA Division 5, 15x Time TA/FC F/C Champion team for a couple of years. I did data acquisition for the team. I am quite familiar with fast 1/4 mile ground pounders.

Going fast in a straight line is great. Now try doing in with turns to it. A totally different kind of fast.

I'm not trying to make Corvettes sound "cool". In this day, there are LOTS a damn fast cars. The Vettes are at American made and can run with some of the fastest Euro cars around.

Fast on the 1/4? I ran with a NHRA Division 5, 15x Time TA/FC F/C Champion team for a couple of years. I did data acquisition for the team. I am quite familiar with fast 1/4 mile ground pounders.

Going fast in a straight line is great. Now try doing in with turns to it. A totally different kind of fast.

My buddy ran TF and Funny car all the old big names knew my people, another had most of the pro-mod records at one point big deal.

Corvettes are still gay, excluding the 63 split window.

• Haha
Reactions: Mcrider55
You still haven't said what high performance car you are driving...
It’s not a secret, I don’t have one I’ve still had them and driven plenty including race prepped stuff. I don't like Cars they are made for 5ft tall manlet’s. You having one and me choosing not having one because they are small and they don’t do anything for me anymore proves nothing. Going fast in a car isn’t a big deal, unless it gets there extremely fast. taking a mile to hit 180 isn’t fun or impressive. Even told my dad his vette was gay lol

I’m also really enjoying the fact you’re taking it personally, you aren’t used to people not acting impressed. You wouldn’t mention any of it if you didn’t care or want to brag about your midlife crisis. You’re also really loosely throwing around the term “high performance“ It’s 500hp, it’s not 1993 anymore.

even 70-100 sideways on dirt door to door is way more exciting than high speed over long distances going straight.

Last edited:
parents buying their kids cars, whether basic or very nice, has been going on forever. unfortunately, my parents didn't, i had to work hard to fund my first car. frankly i think i'm better off for that as well as paying for college etc, helps you appreciate it more and work harder to maximize your return.

parents buying their kids cars, whether basic or very nice, has been going on forever. unfortunately, my parents didn't, i had to work hard to fund my first car. frankly i think i'm better off for that as well as paying for college etc, helps you appreciate it more and work harder to maximize your return.
None of that has anything to do with the fact kids still do stupid shit.

Reactions: nikerret
It’s not a secret, I don’t have one I’ve still had them and driven plenty including race prepped stuff. I don't like Cars they are made for 5ft tall manlet’s. You having one and me choosing not having one because they are small and they don’t do anything for me anymore proves nothing. Going fast in a car isn’t a big deal, unless it gets there extremely fast. taking a mile to hit 180 isn’t fun or impressive. Even told my dad his vette was gay lol

I’m also really enjoying the fact you’re taking it personally, you aren’t used to people not acting impressed. You wouldn’t mention any of it if you didn’t care or want to brag about your midlife crisis. You’re also really loosely throwing around the term “high performance“ It’s 500hp, it’s not 1993 anymore.

even 70-100 sideways on dirt door to door is way more exciting than high speed over long distances going straight.
I'm not taking it personally at all. Just pointing out that you're nothing more than an armchair quarterback.

Crush another beer can on your head poseur.

I agree about the car. I had to work hard to buy my first car, and I did so 1-2 years after I had graduated from College and was working. I had saved up the down payment for it. It allowed me, for example to move out of the City of Chicago and to the suburbs (Village of Schaumburg). Until then, I was taking the CTA "El" train everywhere I needed to go, and occasionally renting a car for a day if I had to go to the burbs. I would buy my groceries at a local supermarket and transport them home on the CTA in one of those wheeled grocery carriers. With the car, I could go where I want and do what I want. It was good. I remember the first time I used my gas card in a Station in the city of Chicago, the guy carded me (asked for my DL# and the Vehicle tag). They didn't have modernized pumps where you swiped. It was the hand machine he swacked back and forth.

That said, "Paying for college" is a different matter. My parents and family elders *insisted* that I get (at least) a Bachelor's degree. They were very strongly pro-education. I was ready to go out into the workforce upon HS graduation (perhaps even the Military) but they were sternly against that (even though both my Mom & Dad and my Uncle were all retired Military). If they were going to be so strong about their conviction that I go to undergrad school, and they were willing to back that up by paying for it, I'm not going to refuse their help. After i graduated from "Undergrad" school and got my Bachelor's, I was then on my own. And it worked, and i survived.

Still am.

I'm not taking it personally at all. Just pointing out that you're nothing more than an armchair quarterback.

Crush another beer can on your head poseur.
I’ve been there and done it, someone can’t read.

ah yes, I must be drinking. Definitely can’t have experience with something in the past that you don't currently own…..Go starch your Jorts and send off for a new AARP card lol. If I was a poser I’d have a mildly modded corvette GS and brag about it being high performance (compared to a Prius) online.

Last edited:
I took my first truck out and figured out it had neither a limiter or aerodynamics.

At about 125-130 the front end got enough lift it stopped steering...

Kids are dumb. Nothing is going to change that. But I was 35 before I bought a vehicle and didn't immediately check to see where the speed limiter hit...
My 73 Nova SS , mild 350,4speed got that way around 130 too.

Definitely can’t have experience with something in the past that you don't currently own….

So my 20 + years and well over 100,000 miles on liter class sport bikes doesn't count anymore since I sold my last bike a couple years ago?

FUCK! Why didn't you tell me!?!?!?!!? I never would have sold it :( you have ruined my night you bastard!

• Haha
Reactions: akmike47
So my 20 + years and well over 100,000 miles on liter class sport bikes doesn't count anymore since I sold my last bike a couple years ago?

FUCK! Why didn't you tell me!?!?!?!!? I never would have sold it :( you have ruined my night you bastard!
You should go back an re-read for context…