• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Genesis Ballistics Solutions--Android Now Available!!

Maybe we just continure this thread as a "How To" or "User supported" for those of us not even remotely familliar with ColdBore and perhaps we can put together a page 1 sticky post on the detailed instructions.

Sounds good. I seriously concidered writing things down as a sort of instruction manual, and didn't as I was expecting it to be officially supported.

There was a FB group I read about, apparently some videos / guides got linked on there.

I don't either. This is the only media I currently use. It's late at night, I have a whiskey, and watching episodes of X-Files. Life is good.

Well I was patiently awaiting a series on "How To" for the app, instead of fumbling in the dark. Glad some of you are able to get it working as designed. I'll just have to start fumbling and see if I can get this to line up with 4DOF at least and then see how we do.

If you ever used Cold Bore the access appears to be laid out similarly (based strictly from the screen shots posted in this thread). Try doing some web searches for how to use Cold Bore, I would hope it to be somewhat helpful. Gus probably (hopefully?) used his same program with a new interface for apps. Cold Bore was a PITAto learn how to navigate but once you become familiar with its process it works very well. You should be able to access the Cold Bore user’s manual from the Patagonia Ballistics site.

I pray someone is able to resuscitate Genesis as it really held great promise.

I tried my hardest to make it work, did a few small videos on it for helping others. I still use strelok. It's faster and spits out a result faster.

When you are hungry, often you can't be bothered cooking a full meal. Meat and potatoes, side of slaw or salad, garlic break, and a nice cooked apple crumble for desert. Sometimes you say "fuk it" and go to a drive-thru take away burger joint and have a beer and chill out.

Apps are the same. Often I don't mind getting into it, setting things up, verifying, etc. I will make comment that often I want to click an app, then enter a number and immediately get a result. 12+ clicks to get an output is super frustrating.

It's a good thing you don't have to use dial up.🤣

Reactions: iceng
FWIW there seems to be a lack of easily findable info on how to use ColdBore as well.

Reactions: AllenOne1
I don't see any type of users guide on the Patagonia Ballistics site. Might be something we have to put together as we go.

There is a 202 page PDF manual that comes with the program. It is highly technical and covers a lot of the theory behind it's math which is cool.

The problem to me is other than explaining how to sync the desktop and mobile versions of ColdBore there is nothing else approaching an actual workflow on how to use it. It reads more like a high level concept design document rather than a user manual.

What's happened to this, it started with great fanfare but is now dead as? The website is down and the FB group is stagnant.

It would be hard to get a copy of Genesis at this point but I still have it, use it and still think it is better than anything else on the market. I not aware of anything else out there feeding from Cold Bore.

Reactions: VanJoe
Has there been any new movement on doing a port of Cold Bore to a modern phone app? This Genesis blew by like a fart in the wind.

Thanks.
If you are an iPhone user Trasol is an option for you. It is the ColdBore engine as well and even has an advantage over Genesis and CB; the Wind Zones can be set to under 100 yards. If are a rimfire shooter that can come in handy.

Reactions: AllenOne1
If you are an iPhone user Trasol is an option for you. It is the ColdBore engine as well and even has an advantage over Genesis and CB; the Wind Zones can be set to under 100 yards. If are a rimfire shooter that can come in handy.
I started to add Trasol as an option but I wasn't sure it was running from Cold Bore and the fact that it is an iPhone only app made me delete that section of my reply.

Reactions: 6.5SH
I didn't remember it being the same engine, or maybe I was thinking of FFS.

FFS and CB rely on different engines. I've tested both side-to-side and it shows, most especially at longer ranges and subsonic. IMHO CB is a better match all the time, in the real world. Not bashing FFS just pointing out what I've found so far. This swindler THEIS really screwed up all the deal.

I have the latest CB running on my Android phone and all I can say is it works like a charm, quite similar in look&feel to Genesis, which is not a suprise since Patagonia did the work on both. Have no idea if they are actually planning on releasing it anytine soon. Only thing for sure, from the horse's mouth is don't hold your breath for iOS given the many, almost impossible to satisfy, stupid requirements Apple asks for.

FFS and CB rely on different engines. I've tested both side-to-side and it shows, most especially at longer ranges and subsonic. IMHO CB is a better match all the time, in the real world. Not bashing FFS just pointing out what I've found so far. This swindler THEIS really screwed up all the deal.

I have the latest CB running on my Android phone and all I can say is it works like a charm, quite similar in look&feel to Genesis, which is not a suprise since Patagonia did the work on both. Have no idea if they are actually planning on releasing it anytine soon. Only thing for sure, from the horse's mouth is don't hold your breath for iOS given the many, almost impossible to satisfy, stupid requirements Apple asks for.
All joking aside the guy formally known as theis didn’t totally screw it up all by himself.

Just a set of partners who weren’t always on the same page.

And yes, apple is a total pain in the Ass to work with and they want their pound of flesh.

Thanks, so Cold Bore is available on Android as a pre-release to some? I'll have to dig out my old Android tablet to see what is new because I switched back to an iPhone a few years ago.

Reactions: LastShot300

Got a response from Patagonia regarding the Android release: "Still working on different options for public release. Will keep all updated, but certainly not available in the near future."