• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Giraud Case Trimmer

lightman

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 18, 2009
England, ar
Hi Everybody,spent last weekend at the Tulsa Gun Show.While walking around,I spotted a Giraud trimmer sitting on a table and stopped to take a look.Doug Giraud was there,I talked with him for a while,and bought the trimmer.He is a really nice guy,very friendly and helpful,and I'm looking foreward to using it.It came with good directions,but does anyone have any advice/tricks to offer on using it?As I'm not a novice at reloading,I'm not expecting any trouble,would just like to hear your opinions and advice. Pete

Re: Giraud Case Trimmer

I'll sell you the Forester or Hornady locking rings for an additional $5 each. Most folks already have some extra dies they don't use they can steal the lock rings off of. Just trying to keep the prices down, people think its expensive enough as it is.

Thanks,
Doug Giraud

Definetely a machine thats on my "want" list
wink.gif

No advice just use the hell out of it. Glad I picked mine up before my hours got cut at work or I might never have got one. They really are awesome.

Two bobcat furs paid for my mine in 2006. Fur prices were much better.
It's the best piece of reloading gear I've bought since '72. The first time I used it, I was absolutely awestruck at how fast I trimmed .223 cases versus the Forster and RCBS trimmers. If you shoot large volumes of .223 or .308 (and others as well), it's a "gotta have" piece of gear.
You'll wince at the initial cost, but once it's in your hands and you use it, you'll forget all about that...

my only advice is to measure the overall length when you start so you can get used to the touch and feel on the trimmer. When you get the feel then you can go and trim lots and lots. I just put in the cartridge and twist the case in the trimmer. Make sure to be even to make sure the cut and chamfer is even.

It is the best reloading item that I have purchased in the last 5 years and I am not sure why I waited so long.

I ordered one yesterday in 308 and 223. Two to four weeks and no more hand cramps.Can't wait to try it out. I have heard nothing but good reports about this trimmer.

JSTARZ is absoulutely right about the twist/turn part of the trimming process with the Giraud. And 10Xround while you might not get cramps, you can tire your hand out even with a Giraud, just not as soon as the other lathe style trimmers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pete Theodore</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hi Everybody,spent last weekend at the Tulsa Gun Show.While walking around,I spotted a Giraud trimmer sitting on a table and stopped to take a look.Doug Giraud was there,I talked with him for a while,and bought the trimmer.He is a really nice guy,very friendly and helpful,and I'm looking foreward to using it.It came with good directions,but does anyone have any advice/tricks to offer on using it?As I'm not a novice at reloading,I'm not expecting any trouble,would just like to hear your opinions and advice. Pete </div></div>

I really appreciate mine. I have other powered trimmers, but to me none compare. It works well for my needs - precision rifle. I always appreciate speak with Doug or the Mrs. when I call to order case holders etc. very friendly. I even get a call back when they say they will. You wont regret the purchase. Be well.

If you're getting an uneven chamfer pushing the brass in harder to make the trim in 1-2 seconds helps, don't let it sit there for 5 seconds taking it easy. Get the technique down on how you insert the brass, it makes a difference in the trim and chamfer.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: John in WYO</div><div class="ubbcode-body">and you use it, you'll forget all about that... </div></div>I'll second that. After using it, I ALMOST would have paid more.
laugh.gif

Hey Guys,thanks for all of the replys,and advice.Had a busy week at work and did not get to try it out until today.Its a really nice machine,and did not require a lot of use to get the technique figgured out.I did about 400 cases,averaging about 4 per minute,counting timeouts to flex my fingers,ect.For the short haul,I could average a trimmed case about every 6-7 seconds.Accuracy seems to be plus or minus less than .001.If anyone is wanting one of these and is undecided,please consider this a favorable review.I'm glad that I bought it!Thanks,Doug Pete

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Pete Theodore</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hey Guys,thanks for all of the replys,and advice.Had a busy week at work and did not get to try it out until today.Its a really nice machine,and did not require a lot of use to get the technique figgured out.I did about 400 cases,averaging about 4 per minute,counting timeouts to flex my fingers,ect.For the short haul,I could average a trimmed case about every 6-7 seconds.Accuracy seems to be plus or minus less than .001.If anyone is wanting one of these and is undecided,please consider this a favorable review.I'm glad that I bought it!Thanks,Doug Pete </div></div>With practice you should be doing 15+ cases a minute without having to work too hard unless you are taking a lot off.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 10xround</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I ordered one yesterday in 308 and 223. Two to four weeks and no more hand cramps.Can't wait to try it out. I have heard nothing but good reports about this trimmer. </div></div>

x2 I ordered the exact same setup last week. His wife was very nice and friendly and suggested if I had the locking rings to swap them out. I had read this tread before ordering so I just asked them to add 2 to my order. I have a buddy that is already hitting me up to come test it out with about 2K pieces of .223 brass to trim LOL. I told him it will cost him!