• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Firearms Glen Nelson M1A Super Match

perdurabo

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
Aug 7, 2014
Texas
Springfield M1A Super Match in .308/7.62x51 NATO. Built by the Glen Nelson custom shop in Feb 1995 (confirmed by Springfield Armory, 087 serial). Excellent condition. I have never removed the action from the bedded stock and I will not do so to further identify parts. Less than 500 rounds fired since I bought it years ago. I no longer compete in High Power competition and I need to move this out of my personal collection to help finance other projects.

Features:
  • Heavy Super Match walnut stock
  • Rear lugged Springfield match receiver
  • TRW USGI bolt
  • Douglas heavy match barrel
  • .072 National Match Front Sight
  • Wright National Match rear sights
  • Turner Saddlery Biothane M1907 sling
  • One 20rd USGI M14 magazine

Price is $3000 OBO. No trades. Payment via Guntab is strongly preferred and buyer pays 100% of all fees, insurance and actual shipping costs to their FFL. Private transfer possible in the central TX area.

super match 1.jpg

super match 2.jpg

super match 3.jpg
super match 4.jpg
super match 5.jpg
super match 6.jpg
super match 7.jpg
super match 8.jpg
super match 10.jpg
super match 11.jpg

Did Springfield provide documentation that this was a double lug receiver? Any TE or ME measurements? Thanks.

Did Springfield provide documentation that this was a double lug receiver? Any TE or ME measurements? Thanks.

I do not own a TE/Muzzle gauge. Springfield provided verbal confirmation when I called them that it was a Glen Nelson Super Match and was rear lugged. I can have them provide written statements to such for a serious buyer. The bedding around the heel of the receiver as shown in one of the above pics is pretty telling in terms of evidence, however.

Reactions: RSCOT
I will entertain any reasonable offers. Right now the only trades I'm interested in are quality 30mm tube / 40-44mm objective SFP hunting scopes.