• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Go To No Frills Scope Rings?

ARC is nice and durable until they crack on you at a match. Seen it happen twice and heard from trusted people it happened 2 more times (one guy had it happen 2x).

That's 4 times the failure rate of any other scope rings I have seen over the years.

Larue stuff was cool 20 years ago when your only other option was ARMS QD. That ship has sailed as soon as ADM, GDI, Bobro and the like came out.
Dunno what these guys did to crack ARC rings but I’m fairly sure you’re the only member I have seen reporting issues with them.

Can anyone else report direct experience, or saw, ARC rings crack and if so, the circumstances?

You have any pictures of these cracked ARC rings? Would like to verify the stress point.
Call Arc, they took them back and refunded them. I'm sure they saved them.

No we didnt take pictures, it was in middle of match. Here is a puzzle. It was the dad of a top ranked Junior shooter in PRS right now, who also competes.

You can also use the search function here, its been talked about a few times.

Last edited:
I’ve not seen a cracked ARC, but I have seen cracked Spuhr in fact I have a set here on Marc’s rifle. He left it like that.

I’d like to see where they cracked too ?
Same place they always do. On the Fingers that the pin goes through.

ONLY happens on Mbrace mounts. Many of us ran M10 rings and M10 mounts for years without issue. MBrace either has an engineering or materials flaw in it.

The first one he didnt even ask for a replacement and ARC gave him his money back no questions asked. The other ones, (one replacement broke as well so that guy got extra lucky) were sold off and replaced with NF or Spuhrs.

Dunno what these guys did to crack ARC rings but I’m fairly sure you’re the only member I have seen reporting issues with them.

Can anyone else report direct experience, or saw, ARC rings crack and if so, the circumstances?
I mean I can throw out the names of the people who it happened to, but I wont. Some are sponsored and don't need their names dragged through drama. Some are well known in the community. One I shot with last weekend at a match. But it 1000% happened.

Reactions: Baron23
I mean I can throw out the names of the people who it happened to, but I wont. Some are sponsored and don't need their names dragged through drama. Some are well known in the community. One I shot with last weekend at a match. But it 1000% happened.
Oh, I don’t think you lied, I just would have expected this to be more commonly reported if it was a common issue ala’ Spuhr.

And I absolutely wasn’t asking for names. I agree there is no need for that. Just wondering the circumstances. E.g. just break from recoil, broke hitting something on a prop, etc.

Cheers.

Oh, I don’t think you lied, I just would have expected this to be more commonly reported if it was a common issue ala’ Spuhr.

And I absolutely wasn’t asking for names. I agree there is no need for that. Just wondering the circumstances. E.g. just break from recoil, broke hitting something on a prop, etc.

Cheers.
As far as I know they broke from normal stress. One broke in the middle of a match. Shots started straying so he looked over gun and noticed the mbrace fingers were cracked but still held together. Went to car and replace mount with a nightforce and finished match.

I got a set of arc m10 rings sitting in parts drawer. I never had issues with them or any of the m10 mounts. Neither has anyone I have shot or spoken with. So I can deduce it's a mbrace specific issue. It's happened too many times to ignore or discount IMO.

Reactions: Baron23
Seekins is dropping their new mounts with a new height. Original he made these in 1.1" as the most popular height, but I just got a message he is doing the 1.54" and those will fit all our new scopes.

The Seekins is next level, backwards compatible with all their rings to add the top cap feature, including with Vortex. Plus his one piece mounts have the "wedge lock" which is new and next level.

To me, the best bang for the buck is Seekins when you look at everything he does.

IMG_0241.JPG
IMG_0226.JPG
IMG_0220.jpg
IMG_0225.JPG

This mount will change the game in a lot of ways

Seekins is dropping their new mounts with a new height. Original he made these in 1.1" as the most popular height, but I just got a message he is doing the 1.54" and those will fit all our new scopes.

The Seekins is next level, backwards compatible with all their rings to add the top cap feature, including with Vortex. Plus his one piece mounts have the "wedge lock" which is new and next level.

To me, the best bang for the buck is Seekins when you look at everything he does.

View attachment 8410134View attachment 8410135View attachment 8410136View attachment 8410137

This mount will change the game in a lot of ways
That checks a lot of my boxes. Will they be $500? Ya know, so we know they’re as good as spuhr?

You have any pictures of these cracked ARC rings? Would like to verify the stress point.
Yeah, I haven't either, but I also take a lot of what folks on the interwebz say with a grain of salt. I go by my personal experience because I'm not afraid to put my money where my mouth is, and buy something to try so I have experience with it. And I've never had a single issue with any of my sets of ARC M-Brace rings...They've all been absolutely rock-solid.

That said, I heard several years ago, that the older version of them, called the "M10" rings, did have some sort of issue, and they revamped and beefed them up, and called them the M-Brace. The M10 rings were only 0.830" wide (front to back), and the M-Brace rings are 0.945" (nearly a full 1" front to back), and they have been beefed up in several spots. I'd almost bet money the people who had problems were running the older M10 rings...

Notice that even the interlocking hinge knuckles are thicker on the M-Brace rings. And they also improved the base clamp design on the M-Brace rings.

M10...

Screenshot 2024-05-03 at 1.26.04 PM.png

M-Brace...

Screenshot 2024-05-03 at 1.25.02 PM.png

Yeah, I haven't either, but I also take a lot of what folks on the interwebz say with a grain of salt. I go by my personal experience because I'm not afraid to put my money where my mouth is, and buy something to try so I have experience with it. And I've never had a single issue with any of my sets of ARC M-Brace rings...They've all been absolutely rock-solid.

That said, I heard several years ago, that the older version of them, called the "M10" rings, did have some sort of issue, and they revamped and beefed them up, and called them the M-Brace. The M10 rings were only 0.830" wide (front to back), and the M-Brace rings are 0.945" (nearly a full 1" front to back), and they have been beefed up in several spots. I'd almost bet money the people who had problems were running the older M10 rings...

Notice that even the interlocking hinge knuckles are thicker on the M-Brace rings. And they also improved the base clamp design on the M-Brace rings.

M10...

View attachment 8410158

M-Brace...

View attachment 8410157
@DeathBeforeDismount said he saw only Mbrace and never M10 rings crack. I have seen a few pics of cracked M-Brace mounts or rings (can’t remember which) and I wish that I had saved the pics. Never seen a pic of an M10 ring crack. I don’t think all of the cracked pics were on SH.

I can’t google the pics either. Darn it.

I have 7-10 sets of M10 rings with no probs, and recently got a MBrace 1-piece (that I have barely shot with). No probs so far, but I’m no hi-speed guy.

I hope there’s no wide-spread prob with M-Brace rings because I friggin’ love ARC rings. I seriously hate monkeying around with 101 tiny screws as with Spuhr etc.

I own one Spuhr mount only because they look cool with an S&B on an apropos rifle.

I’ve not seen a cracked ARC, but I have seen cracked Spuhr in fact I have a set here on Marc’s rifle. He left it like that.

I’d like to see where they cracked too ?

Had one for a season of PRS. Rifle wasn't a safe queen by any means but the rifle never saw any crazy stress like dropping it or dumb shit like that. Always traveled in a soft case packed decently in the car.

I went to a night match in December and Temp dropped to zero or a little below. Next day I went to clean the rifle and noticed the mount looked weird. Saw the ring had cracked.

ARC customer support took care of me. Had a new mount within the week. I was wary about running them after this incident but a week later a buddy of mine had the exact same experience. Sold it, went to Hawkins and never looked back.

To the mount's credit, I never noticed a zero shift with a 6GT. Granted I have no idea when it actually let loose.

Really a shame. Super easy to mount, great price, and generally no complaints other than I could no longer trust the design after seeing 2 of them crap out at the same time in the same manner. My wild ass guess is it couldn't handle the cold.

1000001796.jpg
1000001797.jpg
1000001798.jpg

Last edited:
Had one for a season of PRS. Rifle wasn't a safe queen by any means but the rifle never saw any crazy stress like dropping it or dumb shit like that. Always traveled in a soft case packed decently in the car.

I went to a night match in December and Temp dropped to zero or a little below. Next day I went to clean the rifle and noticed the mount looked weird. Saw the ring had cracked.

ARC customer support took care of me. Had a new mount within the week. I was wary about running them after this incident but a week later a buddy of mine had the exact same experience. Sold it, went to Hawkins and never looked back.

To the mount's credit, I never noticed a zero shift with a 6GT. Granted I have no idea when it actually let loose.

View attachment 8410459View attachment 8410460View attachment 8410461
When did you buy it? I wonder if there was a run of them with bad jojo.

Really a shame. Super easy to mount, great price, and generally no complaints other than I could no longer trust the design after seeing 2 of them crap out at the same time in the same manner. My wild ass guess is it couldn't handle the cold.

View attachment 8410459View attachment 8410460View attachment 8410461

That's a bummer.

All I essentially run is M10 rings, and they've worked great for me. No issues. No experience with MBraces.

@DeathBeforeDismount said he saw only Mbrace and never M10 rings crack. I have seen a few pics of cracked M-Brace mounts or rings (can’t remember which) and I wish that I had saved the pics. Never seen a pic of an M10 ring crack. I don’t think all of the cracked pics were on SH.

I can’t google the pics either. Darn it.

I have 7-10 sets of M10 rings with no probs, and recently got a MBrace 1-piece (that I have barely shot with). No probs so far, but I’m no hi-speed guy.

I hope there’s no wide-spread prob with M-Brace rings because I friggin’ love ARC rings. I seriously hate monkeying around with 101 tiny screws as with Spuhr etc.

I own one Spuhr mount only because they look cool with an S&B on an apropos rifle.
Once again... Grain of salt. But I know I have about 10 sets of M-Brace rings at this point and never an issue with any of them.

Reactions: carbonbased