• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Fieldcraft Goggles Fogging Up

jaym_100

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 8, 2010
Mississippi
This isn't really sniper related, but my goggles I wear during entries fog up all the time. They are Bolle and don't have a fan. I don't want to buy new goggles. Does anyone know if the sprays work to keep them from fogging up.

Re: Goggles Fogging Up

Yes they do, they work very well.

Best place to find the good ones are going to be ski and paintball shops, some are sprays and some are wax.

Spit.... or I bought drops that come with a little rag to wipe them in with. The stuff works great, I think it is made of whale sperm though.

the product that works best for me is called "cat crap", found at sporting stores like EMS or REI

Try baby shampoo(johnson & johnson). I use it on my shaving mirror in the shower, keeps it from beading with water too.

I know some guys use it to clean car windows with before they put tint on them.

Man; with the cat crap works great I might have to rethink my T4 with mini chassis order; Just kidding, down to about ten weeks to get my baby! Got everything ready to bolt her together.

Why goggles vs. other eye pro?
Oakleys M frames offer good eye protection and have much better ventalation. There are many options I'm just listing this one since I have had a lot of experience with it in Baghdad clearing multi story buildings (worst was 8 floors).

Goggles are a better choice for explosive entries on a regular door or when doing a "break and rake" on a storm door. Glass goes everywhere.

Fogging is a fact of life. You can lengthen the time before they fog, but I have not found anything that actually prevents fogging.

If I can avoid wearing goggles, then ballistic glasses are the way to go. Lately I have been wearing Revision Hellfly Photochromic glasses. They don't transition as quickly as I would like, but they aren't that dark to begin with.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LoneWolfUSMC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Goggles are a better choice for explosive entries on a regular door or when doing a "break and rake" on a storm door. Glass goes everywhere.

Fogging is a fact of life. You can lengthen the time before they fog, but I have not found anything that actually prevents fogging.

If I can avoid wearing goggles, then ballistic glasses are the way to go. Lately I have been wearing Revision Hellfly Photochromic glasses. They don't transition as quickly as I would like, but they aren't that dark to begin with. </div></div>In case of glass!! Even then glass still gets everywhere!!
One of my guys found glass in his pack of smokes after an IED blast. It is amazing what happens during explosions.

toothpaste smeared on the inside of the googles, leave on for a half hour or so then rinse out, helps delay/prevent fogging.handy when you cant get your hands on anything better

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Old Salt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Man; with the cat crap works great I might have to rethink my T4 with mini chassis order; Just kidding, down to about ten weeks to get my baby! Got everything ready to bolt her together. </div></div>

Cat Crap.... It works.

http://www.amazon.com/EK-Crap-Anti-fog-Treatment-Paste/dp/B003RLJ6UE

sn1b15.jpg

carnuba car wax works really well. inside and out. i use it on my motorcycle helmet. i like the smell too...

scuba shops also sell drops, if i remember correctly, you drop them smear them around then buff with a soft towel. keeps fog free for up to like 20 some odd hours.