• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Going with Leupold for a Remy 700 sps, which one

datruthab123

Private
Minuteman
May 31, 2008
I have a Remington sps 700, that is seating glassless, same one from previous post, my first precision bulid/rifle etc . purpose of rifle, paper punching out to 300 yards eventually to 1000 yards but would love to use the rifle to hunt a little. but want to get a nice scope, leupold is the manufacture and too would get to good of a deal to pass up. I was going to say nightforce but they are a little to heavy in the coin department but any Leupold would be within budget so what is your opinions, which scope,reticle rings and base the whole set up

Re: Going with Leupold for a Remy 700 sps, which one

I would get a used NF NXS, it should be in the same price range as a new Leupold. IMHO, all new leupolds are over-glorified POS! They just dont have the same quality they used to.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: USMCj</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would get a used NF NXS, it should be in the same price range as a new Leupold. IMHO, all new leupolds are over-glorified POS! They just dont have the same quality they used to. </div></div>

Agreed, or save some coin and get a used luppy here on the hide.

I just returned from a comp where 90% of the optics were Loopy. I witnessed 6+ of them go down or loose adjustment. Granted some had never been exercised beyond 300 but I was appalled by the failure rate. I observed a par of NF's, an IOR and a pair of Bushnell's hold their own.

FWIW I'd save my pennies and take the next step. The LR/T M1's seemed to fair MUCH better than the MK-4's.

IMHO, YRMV, ect........

Cheers,

Doc

No matter what you decide on, make sure you get tactical turrets (1/4 moa, don't bother with 1/8moa) and a mil dot reticle. I wish I'd never bought a scope without both.

I'm very happy with both of my MK 4's reguardless what others say.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: glock63</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Seekins low rings, seekins 20 moa base. 4.5-14 x 50 MK4 with TMR reticle. </div></div>

What he said...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: buggsb</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: glock63</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Seekins low rings, seekins 20 moa base. 4.5-14 x 50 MK4 with TMR reticle. </div></div>

What he said...</div></div>

+1

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: glock63</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Seekins low rings, seekins 20 moa base. 4.5-14 x 50 MK4 with TMR reticle. </div></div>

Ditto as well. I don't think you go wrong with this setup.