• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Green Mountain CZ Barrel

JFricke

Private
Minuteman
Oct 28, 2023
Woods Hole, MA
Based on the success of padom and others with straight taper green mountain barrels spun up by manzella using the eachus chamber on rim-x builds, I'm wondering if anyone has tried this combination with a 457. Seems like they hammer and could provide a good "budget" option. I did some searching and couldn't come up with much. Posted in the cz thread and didn't get any hits either.

Also would take recommendations on a smith to spin up a barrel if manzella isn't the right fit.

Last edited:
I'm not familiar with manzella. Is John at Keystone Accuracy still doing CZ barrels? I know he likes the Green Mountain blanks and he worked with Padom on some CZ group buys a couple years ago. It'd be worth reaching out to him.

Reactions: JFricke
John rebarreled my 40x and my Anschutz 54 with green mountain barrels. Both rifles now shoot 1/2 the group size at 100 yards that they used to do. For the money they seem to be very good

David

Reactions: Charger442
I had Mike Manzella do the Eachus chamber on a GM bbl several months ago, and have been very impressed with how well it shoots. I'd bought two of GM's chromemoly straight cylinder blanks for about $120ea a few years ago, and finally decided to send them both off to John at Keystone to have him profile them, which he did on his CNC lathe at a reasonable cost. I asked him to cut the Rim-X tenon on one, and to leave the other one with only his Palma Sport contour. Then when I found out that Mike has an Eachus reamer, I sent that 2nd bbl to him and had him cut the Rim-X tenon and do the Eachus chamber. Got it back and put it on my Rim-X - this action has never shot as well as it has been doing with this bbl. If I had another CZ457 that I wanted to barrel, I'd either do it myself with my EPS reamer, or ask one of these guys - either John or Mike - to chamber it with the Eachus reamer. I've got 457 American & VPT with Shilen ratchets that I did myself with the EPS reamer, and am pretty pleased with how they shoot, but as hard as Shilen blanks are getting to find, I wouldn't hesitate to try a GM bbl done by either of these guys.

Reactions: JFricke
i bought a 40x with a Beyer sleeved barrel. if it doesn't shoot im looking to replace it with a steel barrel