• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Night Vision Guys with sightmark wraith I need some help

408w

Private
Minuteman
Sep 8, 2017
Western ny
I got my sightmark wraith and can't see shit with the thing. Did I get a bad unit or just not adjusting something. I can see about 15 ft in my basement is about it. Green is useless. I turn on the ir and and scope. Have it adjusted down to 4x and have played with the focus ring in the front with no luck. Yes, the front lens cap is off. Are there other adjustments I need to make? Only a quick start up guide came with it.

Any IR light should obviously light up the basement. Its digital nightvision, so its dependent on IR help to work. My guess is your IR illuminator might not be working.

Reactions: gasguy2020
Go to the product page on sightmark.com. You can dl the manual there, instructions for updating firmware, and other stuff there.

Were you in a pitch black basement without the illuminator turned on? If there is no ambient light source with the Wraith you will not see much of anything, use the illuminator that came with it and realize there are 3 levels between off. Like mentioned above, you may have a bad illuminator as even if it’s not focused at 15’ you should see a bright white blur vs black.

Reactions: camocorvette