• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Had the Daughter Help Break In New Revolver

diggler1833

World's Okayest Rancher and Hog Hunter
Minuteman
  • Jul 22, 2007
    Oklahoma
    I recently scored an excellent condition S&W 34-1 (22LR) in nickel that I thought would be perfect to have for one of the girls. I actually already own another one of the exact same revolver, so now I have one to pass down to each of them. I traded out the checkered magna style grips for some smooth targets that I had on hand. I then took my youngest daughter to the shop and set up a target.

I thought the rear sight was way off to the right because the previous owner had a flinch from the mighty 22, so I moved it back to the center and fired six shots at 13 yards offhand. Nope! Sights were on before I messed with them, so now they're back off to the right. Oh well.

Sat down at 12 yards and let my two-year old sit in my lap and shoot a cylinder through it. My point shooting skills were a bit off, but we managed to hit the target four of six times, and she let out a huge woohoo each time.

Brought it back in, cleaned it, and put it back in the safe. I think we'll have a lot of fun with this revolver as she gets older.

20200831_135635.jpg

20200831_135817.jpg

not that a 22 has much recoil, the revolver opens up CB caps and all sorts of sub sonic ammo that makes less noise and is fun to shoot.

The Aguila brand makes 22 that have only the primer... I forget the model #... they shoot slow- but almost no noise and no recoil as it's only the primer - no powder and a light bullet

22 COLIBRÍLONG RIFLE SUBSONIC POWDERLESS LEAD BULLET
    20 Grain
    1B222337

SILENCE IS DEADLY. Perfect for hunting and target shooting at close range, this specialized powderless round is ultra-quiet and eliminates the trouble and investment of using a suppressor. It’s great for young shooters, thanks to its lack of recoil. Designed for bolt-action or revolver platforms.
    1598919109418.png

Reactions: diggler1833
    not that a 22 has much recoil, the revolver opens up CB caps and all sorts of sub sonic ammo that makes less noise and is fun to shoot.

The Aguila brand makes 22 that have only the primer... I forget the model #... they shoot slow- but almost no noise and no recoil as it's only the primer - no powder and a light bullet

22 COLIBRÍLONG RIFLE SUBSONIC POWDERLESS LEAD BULLET
    20 Grain
    1B222337

SILENCE IS DEADLY. Perfect for hunting and target shooting at close range, this specialized powderless round is ultra-quiet and eliminates the trouble and investment of using a suppressor. It’s great for young shooters, thanks to its lack of recoil. Designed for bolt-action or revolver platforms.
    View attachment 7413056

I broke her in on a Contender and CB shorts. Don't even need hearing protection for those.