• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Has G changed DDC

ckirkc

Sergeant
Minuteman
Mar 5, 2008
Tennessee
Has anyone bought anything ddc from geissele lately? I just got this G marked upper and aside from the color being more of a magpul fde, it doesn't have the slick/hard finish the ddc lower in the photo has.

Attachments

• 16525912104212629859043275991685.jpg
    16525912104212629859043275991685.jpg
    892.1 KB · Views: 381
  • 20220515_001036.jpg
    20220515_001036.jpg
    694.5 KB · Views: 330
  • Sad
Reactions: TurboTrout
Did you buy direct from Geissele? If so, then there’s your answer. If not, maybe contact them directly. It may be a G marked upper that’s been refinished.

Reactions: rpoL98
That's how it came from G, looks coated to me too. I know they talk about the anodizing process producing different shades but none of my ddc stuff is anywhere close to looking like that upper

You shit in every thread with non material dribble. Does anyone who actually shoots give a flying fuck about the shade of brown or tan?

No.

Same poor non shooters bashing good gear all the time because they can't come to terms with not being able to afford nice gear.

Huh? It’s not a color issue, it’s a lack of QC
And a very recurring theme with G, it’s one thing on a $500 PSA, and they even seem to handle QC fuck ups better, but for 2k one should expect to get a rifle significantly better than a $500 rifle, with waaaay better support.

In their own words, you should be happy if it can shoot 4MOA

Their QC is 💩

How’s shooting a $500 rifle you paid 2k for not poor? All my AR platforms are JP, I don’t have these issues.

But hey, maybe a 4MOA good enough with a color mismatch is rich, they should list their color selection as “Morgan Freeman” 😂

What does PSA have to do with anything? You can't afford a G rifle so it doesn't matter. Its the same 2 or 3 retards "Muh PSA jjUst as Gud" in every thread.

Its funny the dozens I have seen and shot over the years have none of these issues.

4 MOA? With what trash ammo?

Its obvious you don't shoot and have no experience with these products.

Just keep talking about shit you don't have experience with.

What does PSA have to do with anything? You can't afford a G rifle so it doesn't matter. Its the same 2 or 3 retards "Muh PSA jjUst as Gud" in every thread.

Its funny the dozens I have seen and shot over the years have none of these issues.

4 MOA? With what trash ammo?

Its obvious you don't shoot and have no experience with these products.

Just keep talking about shit you don't have experience with.

Gotta re read bud

I’m saying G is more or less the same as PSA, just one has better support, and it’s not G

I don’t own a PSA, I only buy JP when it comes to ARs, I have been blessed enough in my life to not have to just buy budget rifles like PSA or G, I just don’t get why people hold G up to a high regard when their quality is at or below that of a budget PSA, and their customer support sucks.

I will admit I have less experience with trash can guns like G, PSA, or the no name gun show stuff, but any gun is better than no gun, shit for a 4MOA guarantee my buddies Romain AK he got when he turned 18 was better than 4MOA, also had no customer support, but it was at least the same color and cost tons less. YMMV….just like the color of your gun and MOA 😂

I thought the whole point of DDC was to be different colors of the desert dirt. Should be called DDDC. That being said, yours looks like shit. Apparently they advertise a receiver set as matching in the picture although they don’t say that. Then other places they look like yours in their advertising.

3C5979F4-D32A-4BF5-AB97-165B2FF88FFD.jpeg

6D01DAAD-58A8-4C14-A4CF-300A563C425D.jpeg

Gotta re read bud

I’m saying G is more or less the same as PSA, just one has better support, and it’s not G

I don’t own a PSA, I only buy JP when it comes to ARs, I have been blessed enough in my life to not have to just buy budget rifles like PSA or G, I just don’t get why people hold G up to a high regard when their quality is at or below that of a budget PSA, and their customer support sucks.

I will admit I have less experience with trash can guns like G, PSA, or the no name gun show stuff, but any gun is better than no gun, shit for a 4MOA guarantee my buddies Romain AK he got when he turned 18 was better than 4MOA, also had no customer support, but it was at least the same color and cost tons less. YMMV….just like the color of your gun and MOA 😂
You dont shoot shit so stop lying.

G is a a budget rifle? LOL tell that to SOCOM.

These fucking kids today.

People have been recently complaining that parts have arrived chalky from G. Try oiling it. Might make it better.
I think it has to do with long term storage and petro chems for contracts. KAC does the same thing with their stuff sealed in bags. It is so dry its almost like chalk, but rub a little oil on it and it comes back to life.

You dont shoot shit so stop lying.

G is a a budget rifle? LOL tell that to SOCOM.

These fucking kids today.

Ok, forward them that video

But this is ALL G has, some guy in some brick building signed a contract for your “heros” to use their rifles, that’s fucking it!!! That’s all they prop their prices up on, it ain’t on performance or innovation, sure as fuck ain’t QC or customer support, it’s “as seen on CNN war time footage”

When people can buy anything they want, and are being judged against other top level shooters, and graded by a zero fucks given stop watch, they don’t shoot G, it’s JP and the like.

Cosplay v Quality and performance

4…M…O…A…
6-B8-F8-A4-E-4-C28-47-BB-A424-D5-BFFCFAFD9-B.gif

I think it has to do with long term storage and petro chems for contracts. KAC does the same thing with their stuff sealed in bags. It is so dry its almost like chalk, but rub a little oil on it and it comes back to life.
could also be that the upper and lower are different alloys and therefore the coating will have a variation? 6061 vs 7075? Geissele only says the lower is 7075, they dont say whether the upper is milled or forged and i dont have one to look at and see. I would assume they are milled but i could be wrong.

could also be that the upper and lower are different alloys and therefore the coating will have a variation? 6061 vs 7075? Geissele only says the lower is 7075, they dont say whether the upper is milled or forged and i dont have one to look at and see. I would assume they are milled but i could be wrong.
They are forged uppers. Not sure if they do them in house or farm out the work.

Arnt all the mid-higher end guys just going 7000 series’s Al top/bottom?
they should be. they should be machined from the same block. that way the fit is perfect but who knows. But there is nothing wrong with forged either. its all in the finish work.

Reactions: TurboTrout
Ok, forward them that video

But this is ALL G has, some guy in some brick building signed a contract for your “heros” to use their rifles, that’s fucking it!!! That’s all they prop their prices up on, it ain’t on performance or innovation, sure as fuck ain’t QC or customer support, it’s “as seen on CNN war time footage”

When people can buy anything they want, and are being judged against other top level shooters, and graded by a zero fucks given stop watch, they don’t shoot G, it’s JP and the like.

Cosplay v Quality and performance

4…M…O…A…
6-B8-F8-A4-E-4-C28-47-BB-A424-D5-BFFCFAFD9-B.gif

If you knew the history, it was SOCOM guys who hunted down Billy G and begged to buy his triggers that was the launching of the company. They asked him to make Rails for them, they asked him to make optics mounts, ect ect ect.

You don't own or shoot any of these products, just regurgitating shit from other clueless retards who are not worth listening to.

You're MO is the same in every fucking thread. Bash KAC, Bash HK, Bash G so you can start your JP dick sucking fest. Its the same retard shit everytime you post. Its why most people just ignore you and move on. I think they may be on to something.

You don't shoot, you don't compete and nothing you say has any value.

pretty sure the same 2 or 3 forging houses do every lower and upper in the country.
Raw forgings have to be finished. Finishing is where the magic happens and what separates the really good forged uppers (KAC, BCM) vs the rest of the commercial stuff even if they use the same raw forgings.

BCM had to bring their upper finishing in house to cut down on rejects many years ago. Most places that make AR parts are just machine shops and the quality is all over the place.

Reactions: SmolPP
Raw forgings have to be finished. Finishing is where the magic happens and what separates the really good forged uppers (KAC, BCM) vs the rest of the commercial stuff even if they use the same raw forgings.

BCM had to bring their upper finishing in house to cut down on rejects many years ago. Most places that make AR parts are just machine shops and the quality is all over the place.
agreed. see post 29.

If you knew the history, it was SOCOM guys who hunted down Billy G and begged to buy his triggers that was the launching of the company. They asked him to make Rails for them, they asked him to make optics mounts, ect ect ect.

You don't own or shoot any of these products, just regurgitating shit from other clueless retards who are not worth listening to.

You're MO is the same in every fucking thread. Bash KAC, Bash HK, Bash G so you can start your JP dick sucking fest. Its the same retard shit everytime you post. Its why most people just ignore you and move on. I think they may be on to something.

You don't shoot, you don't compete and nothing you say has any value.

Sounds like he once made good shit, got high on gov cheese, and now is resting on his contracts and past, no innovating to the future.

Look, I don’t give a shit about any brand, I just buy the best, it hasn’t been G in a good bit of time, I might say good shit about JP, but it’s because their products are better and they hold themselves to a high standard, tell them their shit isn’t MOA or something and they’ll just say send it back.

How does machining from the same block effect fit? That's what's tolerances are for.
with modern CNC'ing its kind of moot. But ive always had better success with buying a billet matched receiver set than buying an upper and lower separate and really matters more on say a large frame vs a small frame.

ETA....and if it the upper and lower are same manufacturer it shouldnt matter either, at least one would hope not.

Sounds like he once made good shit, got high on gov cheese, and now is resting on his contracts and past, no innovating to the future.

Also for 2k I can’t get a machined receiver?

Look, I don’t give a shit about any brand, I just buy the best, it hasn’t been G in a good bit of time, I might say good shit about JP, but it’s because they products are better and they hold themselves to a high standard.
Sounds like you still don't know what you are talking about and are trying to poke holes anywhere you can.

All receivers are machined. You would know that if you had a baseline understanding of the subject matter. Try again sweetheart.

If you didn't give a shit you wouldn't be here trying to talk shit about a brand you have no experience with , can't afford and is not marketed towards non shooters like you.

You don't even have a rudimentary understanding of the platform to say if something is better.

Keep talking and proving how little you know.

Sounds like you still don't know what you are talking about and are trying to poke holes anywhere you can.

All receivers are machined. You would know that if you had a baseline understanding of the subject matter. Try again sweetheart.

If you didn't give a shit you wouldn't be here trying to talk shit about a brand you have no experience with , can't afford and is not marketed towards non shooters like you.

You don't even have a rudimentary understanding of the platform to say if something is better.

Keep talking and proving how little you know.

So the color was the same?

So that barrel wasn’t shit inside on that video?

G didn’t say they are 4MOA?

We don’t have a [insert fuck up here] with G products all the time here?

with modern CNC'ing its kind of moot. But ive always had better success with buying a billet matched receiver set than buying an upper and lower separate and really matters more on say a large frame vs a small frame.

ETA....and if it the upper and lower are same manufacturer it shouldnt matter either, at least one would hope not.
In a small frame AR there is really no difference between a forged or billet upper/lower. Forging is much cheaper/faster and you get the same results assuming its finished machined correctly.

There are just as many shitty billet receiver sets as their are shitty finished forgings out there. It comes down to who you buy from that has a long track record of putting out a great product.

All the cosmetic and fit and finish shit looks nice but has little bearing on the operation of the rifle system. Personally I would rather my money go towards the focus of the internals and how it works vs how it looks on the outside.

Reactions: 308pirate

I don't really see how making the upper and lower from the same block of material would effect fit, form or function of the part. I guess if there's additional hand fitting or something that goes along with the label "billet matched receiver set" there may be some benefit.

Buying from the same manufacturer, I agree with. That way, hopefully/ideally, you would avoid any issues from tolerance stackup.

In a small frame AR there is really no difference between a forged or billet upper/lower. Forging is much cheaper/faster and you get the same results assuming its finished machined correctly.

There are just as many shitty billet receiver sets as their are shitty finished forgings out there. It comes down to who you buy from that has a long track record of putting out a great product.

All the cosmetic and fit and finish shit looks nice but has little bearing on the operation of the rifle system. Personally I would rather my money go towards the focus of the internals and how it works vs how it looks on the outside.

Cheaper is their way

Reactions: jstone
Autism.

Why are you still talking about things you have no experience with. Just to prove how much you don't know?

Yeah, don’t trust your lying eyes eh?

His upper/lower is like Morgan Freeman complexion lol, and that video of the 4MOA good enough was pretty damning.

But hey, 4MOA and trash can QC is cool if they got a gov contract

100% agree.

I recently ordered a receiver set from them in OD. Color on the upper vs lower was quite different - it’s fine. When you order you have to check a box that states:

” I have read and understood the "Anodize Shade Variations and Finish Methods" notice linked on "Notes" section of this page.”

Here’s the link - they are very up front about color variations.
https://geissele.com/anodize-shade-variations-and-finish-methods

Last edited:
Reactions: Milf Dots
All other things being equal, the forging is stronger. The only reason that forging is cheaper is because of economies of scale.

JP and Geissele chase different customers. JP values extremes accuracy over other things. Things that are more important in a fighting rifle. They tend to get more traction here because of that. If this site was machinegunnershill.com opinions might be different.

All other things being equal, the forging is stronger. The only reason that forging is cheaper is because of economies of scale.

JP and Geissele chase different customers. JP values extremes accuracy over other things. Things that are more important in a fighting rifle. They tend to get more traction here because of that. If this site was machinegunnershill.com opinions might be different.

Fair enough I guess

Yeah, don’t trust your lying eyes eh?

His upper/lower is like Morgan Freeman complexion lol, and that video of the 4MOA good enough was pretty damning.

But hey, 4MOA and trash can QC is cool if they got a gov contract
Most issues people have are user error. You found another idiot to confirm your Bias. Congrats.

Buy hey, keep on talking about shit you have experience with.

Most issues people have are user error. You found another idiot to confirm your Bias. Congrats.

Buy hey, keep on talking about shit you have experience with.

So how did his “user error” cause his shit to be all out of wack?

When it comes to shit companies, or gov, it’s always someone else’s fault.

I value ownership in a company, own your product and stand behind it, or just be cool being a trash can rifle brand.

So how did his “user error” cause his shit to be all out of wack?

When it comes to shit companies, or gov, it’s always someone else’s fault.

I value ownership in a company, own your product and stand behind it, or just be cool being a trash can rifle brand.
You just keep talking out of your ass.

Its all you got.

Nothing but a troll at this point, no point is wasting energy on you anymore.

Reactions: rpoL98