• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes hensoldt 3.5-26x56 vs Nightforce B.E.A.S.T.

redroan45

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 15, 2010
Ashton, Idaho
Is anyone else excited for S.H.O.T. this year!? I just got my new GAP (several months ahead of schedule too) and I can hardly wait to see the new offerings, even if it will be a while before they are released. Just putting in a request to those of you lucky enough to attend, please fill the rest of us in with any info, pics or video you can get your hands on.

Re: hensoldt 3.5-26x56 vs Nightforce B.E.A.S.T.

meh... i am sure it will be loaded with features, but looking at the rumored pricing on it, i think i will have to pass.

personally, i dont considering getting an extra 1 percent of light trasmision and adding a few extra features to be worth 2x the cost.

if SWFA can make a kick ass FFP 5-20 with better glass, and illumintion, for 1500, there's no reason NF cant do a 5-22 FFP for under 2500, for what it looks like they are going to go for, they can keep it.

i had the chance to mess around with a leupold mk8 5-25 last week and i like the features, it has better glass than my current NSX, and given leupolds mil program vs NF's, i just dont think the NF is going to be 1000 better than the mk8.

i think that we are at a point where scopes are soo close in performance that you really are not gaining much but stepping up to the next pricing tier.

I think one of the most eagerly awaited scopes are the Nightforce FFPs
smile.gif

Guys I think I can safely say...any warranty on Hensoldts is pure bullshit at the moment. Going on 6 F'ing weeks trying to get my Henny 4-16 NH1 either repaired or exchanged. Zeiss Sport Optics is a cluster fuck at the moment when it comes to Hensoldts.

Unless said people get the opportunity to shoot them in the same conditions, side by side, they aren't going to be able to give you all that much more than spec sheet info and impressions. Wait for them to get in the field and you'll get better info.

yeah, but even in the same conditions, has anybody ever really found themselves saying that "only if i had an S&B i could of made that shot" or said, "damn, theres no way i could of made that shot with a NF f1 or Luepold er/t?

i still think that the difference between mid-level($1000 plus)and the ultra high end stuff like S&B,MK8 and the NF beast, are so close, that goes far beyond the point of diminishing returns.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guys I think I can safely say...any warranty on Hensoldts is pure bullshit at the moment. Going on 6 F'ing weeks trying to get my Henny 4-16 NH1 either repaired or exchanged. Zeiss Sport Optics is a cluster fuck at the moment when it comes to Hensoldts. </div></div>

I am in the market for a top end scope and I won't be considering the Hensoldt just because of the service issues. I am looking forward to what NF is offering in the Beast model. Its either that or the S&B 5-25 for me.

I considered the hensoldt but when i receive the price from my dealer i ordered a schmidt bender 3-20 and told me how cheap a s§b is !

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tylerw02</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Unless said people get the opportunity to shoot them in the same conditions, side by side, they aren't going to be able to give you all that much more than spec sheet info and impressions. Wait for them to get in the field and you'll get better info. </div></div>

This goes without saying.

But we havent got a pricepoint for either optic, nor do we know the specs of the beast, both of which are important aspects to choosing a scope. I am not a compulsive buyer, and i have become cynical that after all this time and hype the beast will live up to its billing, but I still look forward to seeing them.

I am quite sure the NF Beast will be very good. A Hensoldt would be my last choice in top end scopes.

S&B Customer service was a lot easier to deal with than Hensoldt when I was getting a reticle change, however mechanically and optically both scopes are spectacular, although I prefer my henny's below 8x since no tunneling, but S&B has better reticle choices, at least at the time I ordered. I definitely would take a zeiss over a nightforce if they are in a similar price range, no doubt about it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guys I think I can safely say...any warranty on Hensoldts is pure bullshit at the moment. Going on 6 F'ing weeks trying to get my Henny 4-16 NH1 either repaired or exchanged. Zeiss Sport Optics is a cluster fuck at the moment when it comes to Hensoldts. </div></div>

Zeiss sold whole Hensoldt product line recently, might have something to do with delays.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JL</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Poison123</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guys I think I can safely say...any warranty on Hensoldts is pure bullshit at the moment. Going on 6 F'ing weeks trying to get my Henny 4-16 NH1 either repaired or exchanged. Zeiss Sport Optics is a cluster fuck at the moment when it comes to Hensoldts. </div></div>

Zeiss sold whole Hensoldt product line recently, might have something to do with delays. </div></div>

Not quite....Zeiss sold the "Defense" business side of the house, only in the states though.

Finally got my Henny back last week. Brand new. Will be going up for sale soon since it got replaced 2 months ago with a S&B.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Deadly0311</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JL</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
Zeiss sold whole Hensoldt product line recently, might have something to do with delays. </div></div>
Not quite....Zeiss sold the "Defense" business side of the house, only in the states though. </div></div>
Zeiss Optronics GmbH was sold (75% of shares), it's Cassidian Optronics GmbH now. And Hensoldt producs are inside of optronics if I got it right. Either way, Hensoldt is now officially Cassidian Hensoldt.

I think Nightforce missed the train on FFP.

You should consider Kahles 624i.