• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Hot weather pants w/ knee pads

Fat Dark Earth

This is the way
Supporter
Minuteman
May 10, 2017
St. Louis
I like things relaxed that I can move in. I’ve read some of the other reviews on pants but only a few have touched on these specific points. Been using Deluth firehose and those are great for anything up to 80°:
It gets pretty hot and muggy where I’m from so who’s got a tough, breathing pant that also has good knee pads?
20yrs of baseball hasn’t helped me bend/ kneel down so when I do I like it soft and cushy 😉.
Also I’m a bigger dude so consideration for enough ass/ ball room is a must.

mobility
Breathability
Knee pads

Thanks experts!

I am loving my Pnuma Tenacity pants. Have not worn them in real hot conditions yet, but they feel pretty cool and breathable. Fit and mobility is wonderful, built in knee pads are ok, but are removeable/replaceble with better ones. I will know for sure in a couple weeks in south Georgia how they do in the swampy heat....

Tactiglam.....
Screenshot_20210413-095936_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20210413-095539_Google.jpg

Well.....you asked.......🤣

I only use knee pads when I am going to be shooting off of concrete or places with gravel/rocks. If the temps are high, I wear a light and loose fitting pant with a pair of these underneath. I have worn these for eight hours at a time and they have never caused me any issues or felt hot with a need to adjust them. When shooting prone, I rotate them slightly inward to put the bulk of the padding on my inner knee and it works well.

Reactions: Fat Dark Earth
These are a pretty light ripstop, and they take a kneepad sold separately. Gonna be my first season with a pair, but carhartts were a bit swampy in 85°+...

These are a pretty light ripstop, and they take a kneepad sold separately. Gonna be my first season with a pair, but carhartts were a bit swampy in 85°+...

Yeah I can’t wear that kind of stuff( deluth cathartic ) in that weather. I’ll check those out thanks

I only use knee pads when I am going to be shooting off of concrete or places with gravel/rocks. If the temps are high, I wear a light and loose fitting pant with a pair of these underneath. I have worn these for eight hours at a time and they have never caused me any issues or felt hot with a need to adjust them. When shooting prone, I rotate them slightly inward to put the bulk of the padding on my inner knee and it works well.

Most of the ranges I shoot on in my home state I have gravel so it’s kind of a must. I appreciate the suggestion

I've been wearing both Crye G3 All Weather Field Pants and Triple Aught Design Force 10s for coming close to two years now in Afghanistan. I throw the kneepads in when I'm expecting to do something austere but otherwise they've been great.

The Cryes are stretchy which aids in mobility but also very light. I'm using Crye G4 kneepads with them. Nice thing about them being all weather is they're fine if it gets a little wet too.

The TADs will shrink so I recommend getting a size up if that's the route you decide to go.

Last edited:
Reactions: drn1234

I've been wearing TAD pants for 10 years, and the Force 10 AC ones will rip/tear if your not careful. They are not nearly as durable as the Rip stop ones. I still love them for comfort in the heat though.

Crye are pretty good, but the knee pads don't seem to want to stay in after you washed them a bunch.

I wear either the UF Pro pants with the crotch vents mostly now during the summer, or Force 10 AC with the Arc'terx knee cap pads over them. The UF Pro are tuff and breath pretty well with the vents open.

FWIW, I used to make fun of people with the fancy pants, but now in my mid 40's, my knees don't handle rocks and gravel like they used to.

Reactions: RS14 and StrayDog
I've been wearing TAD pants for 10 years, and the Force 10 AC ones will rip/tear if your not careful. They are not nearly as durable as the Rip stop ones. I still love them for comfort in the heat though.

Crye are pretty good, but the knee pads don't seem to want to stay in after you washed them a bunch.

I wear either the UF Pro pants with the crotch vents mostly now during the summer, or Force 10 AC with the Arc'terx knee cap pads over them. The UF Pro are tuff and breath pretty well with the vents open.

FWIW, I used to make fun of people with the fancy pants, but now in my mid 40's, my knees don't handle rocks and gravel like they used to.
Are the Strikers true to size?

I have two pairs of the UF PRO combat pants and the size is right on for what I ordered.

I've got both Crye and UF Pro Urbans. The kneepads sit much better in the Crye pants but will lightly chafe compared to the more pliable UF knee pads.

I prefer the low profile look of the UF Pros but the Crye are overall more comfortable for my voluptuous build. Both offer good comfort in heat.

Crye work well for me in NM.
I also run a pair of Mascot brand lightweight with their knee pad insert- I can recall the model #

I have Sitka Timberlines. They have kneepads that are secure and perfectly placed for me. They are easily removable if you want to remove them.

Guess I am poor - I use some of my old issue ACU pants with the issue pads inserted in the ACU pant knee pad pockets

UFPro for me as well. Pricey but they aren’t worth every penny. Got tired of getting 5.11 pants that can’t hold up. For what I wasted at 5.11 I could have had a couple more UFPro in the closet.